Personal Web Pages

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:26 pm
Where is a good place to create a good personal web page for free?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,880 • Replies: 10
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:30 pm
Craven, DivaDen, and I as well as a few other abuzz/a2kers have our free sites set up at msn.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:42 pm
I was using Homestead and I think they still have a 'lite' mode for free. I still have a resume sort of thing on 50megs.com, they seem to have ridden out the meltdown in 2001 without any problems.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 06:49 pm
MSN is ok, other place have all the pop-up adds. I think you can even get one from Lycos. Then you might even pay a few bucks for a few megs if you do not mind having your own .com(domain).
Been some off-line discussion on that opportunity.
ie: phoenix.yourdomainchoiceprovider.com
interested in that?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 09:00 pm
www.ivillage.com is pretty good and seems to be reliable. At first glance it looks to be for women only but there are guys there too.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 09:02 pm
if you're looking for a place to host a blog, www.livejournal.com is terrific. You just need a current member to invite you for a free account. If anyone wants one, let me know.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 10:29 pm
MSN is the best place for the absolute newbie. I don't recommend it because it limits you severely. /within a few weeks at MSN I was already making pages and hosting them elsewhere (on the Realm, my first site, all the pages that Iliked were hosted elsewhere).

The most common is Geocities, they are pretty good, easy and all.

Tripod is a good one. Tripod UK is the best free one (in terms of features, it's one of the only free ones with daabases).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 10:43 pm
Thanks for everyone's input. I am going to play around with making a personal website.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 10:56 pm
Phoenix - please let me see it later.
Thanks
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 12:02 am
I'd like to see it as well.
0 Replies

Scarling77

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 09:16 am
Topcities aren't too bad - they have FTP access, an online file uploader and page builder. I don't know how good the page builder is as I upload all my pages. The only thing is, you have their banner at the top of every page which can look pretty ugly.

Brinkster seem to be pretty good too. But I wouldn't reccomend that if you're just starting out though.
0 Replies