British legal system makes me sick part6

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 12:49 pm
I suppose,Lord E, it's the very same elsewhere.

But in our (= German/Roman Law) system there's no other provison made to prove remorse than tell such to the court/the judge/the judges.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 01:02 pm
I know the youth worker on this linked case. She told me that the young girl was extremely remorseful before and during the hearing.

Until she heard the sentence ..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/4850164.stm
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 01:48 pm
Don1 wrote:
Steve your comment is offensive in that you are accusing me of being a racist
no i didnt accuse, i speculated. I just got the impression rightly or wrongly that you would not ahve been so fired up about this had it been "James Thirkettle" as opposed to whatsit watsit singh. If wrong I apologise.
0 Replies

ffydownunder

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 01:35 am
i think the justice system (certainly in england) is rarely about justice and more about the adversary system.... who's barrister puts up the better fight - the crown or the accused.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 03:06 am
I heartily agree. I prefer the French system, where they cut out all the clever talk and sit round a table to discuss what actually happened, hearing full accounts from both sides.
I have seen SO many stupid games being played in Court, all to do with technical wordings and finer points.
All complete bollocks, which rarely leads to proper justice being done.

It doesn't do the young offender any good in the long run, because if they learn that the law is just something that a clever lawyer can manipulate to their advantage, they don't tend to take it very seriously.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:10 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Don1 wrote:
Steve your comment is offensive in that you are accusing me of being a racist
no i didnt accuse, i speculated. I just got the impression rightly or wrongly that you would not ahve been so fired up about this had it been "James Thirkettle" as opposed to whatsit watsit singh. If wrong I apologise.

We are both entitled to our opinions steve, and I respect yours but please trust me I'm not racist, I detest all low life criminals I don't care what their nationality is.
0 Replies