Delay calls it quits

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 10:44 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Delay? Offer him a deal and pump him for information. Shake him down for other corrupt politicians. They'll drop like dominos on each other.

Nonsense.
That is a proven effective way of catching more criminals. Make them rat on eachother. The more crooked politicians we can get to rat on eachother the better it is for the country and the more they'll think twice next time.

Except that DeLay is at the top of the food chain. BTW dem operatives are very worried about DeLay dropping out of the race. Scared shitless, doncha know?
No not really. Kind of ignorant in this area.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 10:46 pm
This is a boon for the GOP.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 10:52 pm
Amigo wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Delay? Offer him a deal and pump him for information. Shake him down for other corrupt politicians. They'll drop like dominos on each other.

Nonsense.
That is a proven effective way of catching more criminals. Make them rat on eachother. The more crooked politicians we can get to rat on eachother the better it is for the country and the more they'll think twice next time.

Former DeLay Aide Enriched By Nonprofit
Bulk of Group's Funds Tied to Abramoff

By R. Jeffrey Smith
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, March 26, 2006; A01

A top adviser to former House Whip Tom DeLay received more than a third of all the money collected by the U.S. Family Network, a nonprofit organization the adviser created to promote a pro-family political agenda in Congress, according to the group's accounting records.

DeLay's former chief of staff, Edwin A. Buckham, who helped create the group while still in DeLay's employ, and his wife, Wendy, were the principal beneficiaries of the group's $3.02 million in revenue, collecting payments totaling $1,022,729 during a five-year period ending in 2001, public and private records show.

Delay has put and end to it all.

He is not going to "rat out" anyone.

Hope (for Leftists) springs eternal however.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 10:59 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

My bet is that Dem operatives are not happy about this news.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hope you aren't betting the farm...or in your case, the trailer?

Thank you Roxy: You, as a major A2K Lefty, have gone on record as having nothing but disdain for lower class Americans: folks who reside in trailors, and, as a result, are a pathetic hypocrite.

You stupid twit.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 11:05 pm
Setanta wrote:
If you want an interesting take on that angle, EB, check out his World War on Christianity snake oil pitch. Just google up Tom Delay+War on Christianity.

When i looked for a google news story on this at about 10:30 (9:20 a2k time), there was nada, now the first page of a google news search is full of this story.

Who started that crap?

Was it the fundy christians? Fox?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:47 am
Well, Finn is most likely correct (for once in his life) that the Republicans now will most likely retain DeLay's seat. The most positive news for me is, he will be getting out of our state. The air quality should rise drastically. But! He will be back for his trial!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:59 am
In keeping with my policy of noting that i have done so, this is to inform the readers that i've reported the two posts in which Finn marshalled the strongest rhetorical weapons in his arsenal, and called other members childish names.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 05:02 am
EB, as i'm sure you are aware, but many others may not be, Delay was behind the gerrymandering of the House districts in Tejas, which meant that a lot of rural voters could no longer elect the conservative Democrats they had so long voted for. I know this was often accomplished by drawing new lines which put the rural voters in districts with urban and suburban voters who more reliably voted Republican.

I don't know the boundaries of Delay's district, but if it includes voters who formerly elected conservative Democrats, then a Republican as his replacement would not necessarily be a shoe-in. I suspect that is not the case, though, as the old crook was already in office when the hijinks started.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 06:16 am
I don't care if it is boon for the GOP or whatever, I am just glad he will be gone. Nice spinning, but it don't take my joy out of thing.

Coming so soon after his aide confessed and promised to help in the investigation is only telling.

Quote:
More recently, former DeLay aide Tony Rudy said he had conspired with Abramoff and others to corrupt public officials, and he promised to help the broad federal investigation of bribery and lobbying fraud that already has resulted in three convictions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12141276/
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 07:18 am
Lash wrote:
This is a boon for the GOP.

More like a boon for the American people in general. And Texans in particular.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 07:19 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Is that why you're giving off the warm fuzzies?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 07:44 am
To put Delay's move in context read American Theocracy by Kevin Phillips..]
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:01 am
Setanta wrote:
In keeping with my policy of noting that i have done so, this is to inform the readers that i've reported the two posts in which Finn marshalled the strongest rhetorical weapons in his arsenal, and called other members childish names.

I would hope that you do so with equal vigor to Anon-Voter's and Roxxanne's many insipid posts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:06 am
Why, are you too lazy to do it yourself?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:09 am
possibly, but I was just wondering if you did.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:14 am
By the way, McWhitey, for as justifiably an intellectual offense to any right-thining member it may be, insipidity is not a violation of the Terms of Service. Were that so, the site would have about one and half million fewer posts than it now does, and i'd warrant that you would be, for all practical purposes, unknown to us.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:15 am
Hi Everybody :-)

I have to admit that I didn't know who this guy was until I did some reading on links posted here, but from what I've read, it's good that he's leaving.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:17 am
Setanta wrote:
I don't know the boundaries of Delay's district, but if it includes voters who formerly elected conservative Democrats, then a Republican as his replacement would not necessarily be a shoe-in. I suspect that is not the case, though, as the old crook was already in office when the hijinks started.

http://nationalatlas.gov/printable/images/preview/congdist/TX22_109.gif
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:22 am
Good lookin' out, Joe . . . it appears that the redistricting provided Delay no particular advantage, as i suspected.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:23 am
It's Texas....

Even our Democrats are conservative.

Texas Democrats are a lot like New York Republicans.
0 Replies