lightwizard - tarintino question

Chai

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:00 am
I see you're online right now....

I know he worked as a video clerk in LA.....but did he ever hold the same job in Austin?

someone I know says he did, I say he's full of crap.

hmmmmmmm.......?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 731 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:52 am
Quote:
Tarantino and his mother left Knoxville, TN when he was two years old and settled in Los Angeles. After leaving school, he held a succession of odd jobs before finding his niche at Video Archives where, for five years, he regaled customers, including many low-profile industry players, with his passionate opinions and recommendations. There Tarantino first met the film school-trained Roger Avary, his future collaborator on the screenplays for "Reservoir Dogs" (1992), "True Romance" (1993) and "Pulp Fiction" (although the exact nature of their work together remains in dispute).

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800021942/bio

I'm not LW, but I did find this rather detailed bio of Tarantino.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:31 am
Thanks, Phoenix. To my knowledge, the bio has it right -- he didn't work in a video store prior to the now well-known stint at Video Archives, which, I think is no longer open. It was once famous for having the best collection of older cinema.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 10:09 am
thanks LW!
0 Replies