Getting rid of widgets

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 05:05 pm
I downloaded 4 Yahoo widgets, but one of them never appeared on my screen, although Windows recognized it. Another was supposed to be resizable, but wasn't, which was too bad, because it was a kinda neat little calendar with a bunch of features.

The third was a nice, but ultimately too large, weather report, and the fourth was a fine analog clock, but again pretty big. I got rid of the first 3, though it took some doing, but the analog clock just sits there and is neither translucent/transparent, nor movable. I must have done something funny to it, because at first it could move anywhere on the screen; now it just sits there, and interferes with things, covering 2 or 3 square inches of screen near the top on the right side.

Anyone out there have experience with Yahoo Widgets? They're fun, but I would like to get rid of this damn clock; if I could move it around I could live with it, but the way it is now ...

I've posted an appeal for help on the Yahoo Widgets Forum, but figured someone at A2K might be knowledgeable about these things.

I would have liked the other clock to show up on the screen, BTW, as it was a very small, simple linear readout, and wouldn't have interfered with anything. But it never did.

Sad Confused Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 433 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:38 pm
Getting rid of widgets
Embarrassed I should have tried this before panicking - just turning the computer off and unplugging it. Embarrassed

It worked.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:59 pm
I'm surprised that did work, and was going to suggest just minimumizing them.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:11 am
Well, minimizing wouldn't have worked, because there was simply nthing I could do to affect the clock.
0 Replies