Trinitron monitors

Blogg

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 11:35 pm
Hi,

I know that Sony don't make them anymore, however, what was the best Sony brand (as opposed to say...HP, IBM, etc.) Trinitron monitor - 21" ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 547 • Replies: 4
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:13 pm
The Sony F500R and its successor, the F520 are widely considered to be among, if not the very, finest consumer CRT monitors ever produced.

Dell, HP, Compaq, and Gateway, that I know of, all offered rebadged versions of the F500 monitor among their premium product lines.

I have the F520 version, and love it. If you're looking for a CRT monitor and you can find one of these or one of its rebadged siblings, from a reputable source, go for it.

Possibly the ultimate Sony CRT monitor is the 24" widescreen (16:9 format) FW900 - essentially an F500 on steroids.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:07 am
Wow !
They have really amazing specs !
0 Replies

Blogg

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:13 pm
@timberlandko

Wow! Thanks!

I didn't know about that site. Does that mean that Sony still make/sell them? Or have they started making them again?

I'm very impressed BTW. :-)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:18 pm
No, they're out of production. You can still find 'em, new, refurbished, and used. They're highly thought of by high-end gamers, so they still fetch a pretty hefty price.
0 Replies