CIVILIZED, LIBERATION OR SEXPLOITATION..????

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 11:36 am
I'm not for the institutional execution of any dresscode especially when it does not apply equally to both genders. Islam would be fine without it and that's the truth. I'm not a fan of the Catholic Church, but Islam could use a reformation to bring it out of the Dark ages.

If anyone is looking for a goo book read "The trouble with Islam Today" by Irshad Manji a muslim form canada and at that a lesbian. She very clearly illustrates the challeges that Islam is going to have to address or else fall apart in modern times.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 03:33 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
I'm not for the institutional execution of any dresscode especially when it does not apply equally to both genders. Islam would be fine without it and that's the truth. I'm not a fan of the Catholic Church, but Islam could use a reformation to bring it out of the Dark ages.

If anyone is looking for a goo book read "The trouble with Islam Today" by Irshad Manji a muslim form canada and at that a lesbian. She very clearly illustrates the challeges that Islam is going to have to address or else fall apart in modern times.

Many so called "Muslim Reformers" as anti-muslims like to call them start like this....

Quote:
UmMM I see the $$$$ already' reforming lady

Now i can finaly pay off my debts and college tuition.

What do i do?

1. Tell the so called " Truth" that the nonmuslims like to hear. Always dramatized, one sided. negative with out any positive.

2. Or maybe just publicly display i am not happy with islam and i am not muslim' while everything i say includes ' We muslims need to do that.

3. I got a great idea' Let me review whatever the other reformers have said and make it a new topic with a new face.

It is actually pathetic that some people would sell their faith and purpose of life for few measly bucks

Smile Smile You think IRSHAD MANJI is clever than 1.5 billion followers who seems Blind to you.....Think hard freind....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 03:43 pm
so do you not think the world has changed since the writing of quran ?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 03:54 pm
Actually, dalahow2, last I checked Islam had 1.3 billion followers, which is considerably less than 1.5 billion.

Furthermore, it is rather foolish of you to think that all of those 1.3 billion Muslims share the same beliefs as you. There are plenty of Muslim women here in the UK that would not cover themselves from head to toe and mask their faces because of some Muslim male that can't keep his hormones under control.

They are smart, devout, intelligent and as pure as freshly fallen snow.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:56 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Actually, dalahow2, last I checked Islam had 1.3 billion followers, which is considerably less than 1.5 billion.

Furthermore, it is rather foolish of you to think that all of those 1.3 billion Muslims share the same beliefs as you. There are plenty of Muslim women here in the UK that would not cover themselves from head to toe and mask their faces because of some Muslim male that can't keep his hormones under control.

They are smart, devout, intelligent and as pure as freshly fallen snow.

Still you agree that Islam started with only some few people in Mecca..Now please adjust your records to 1.5 billion due to the expansion of ISLAM in Africa, South america...New zealand, China, Japan...To all Western countries..I think where all "Other religions were present from time to time"..

99% of all muslims normally adhere to one teaching...Other small areas of contention like covering up yourslef...please leave it for us to sort..

Thank you for your elaboration Wolf... Smile Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 09:07 am
dalahow2 wrote:
99% of all muslims normally adhere to one teaching...Other small areas of contention like covering up yourslef...please leave it for us to sort.

This is an outright lie--if 99% of one and a half billion people believed a single creed, than there could not be more than 15 million Shi'ites in the world--nevermind the Fatamids, the Wahabbis, and a host of other wacko Muslim sects--there are about 15 million Shi'ites in Iraq, alone, nevermind how many there are in Iran. And, of course, as Wolf points out, your 1.5 billion contention is specious. You're talkin' out your ass . . .

By the way, to further reduce the absurd claim on the number of Muslims, it is significant to note that Muslim countries frequently have laws against apostasy and paganism, so that those who were Christians or Animists would not be likely to admit it. Even when they do, such as is the case in Indonesia, the government ignores it, because it is too embarrassing for Muslims to admit that there are "pagans" about whom they have done nothing.

It is just incredible the extent to which you practice self-delusion.
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 11:58 am
Muslims are no better than any other group when it comes to control over one's basic desires/instincts. If an unmarried Muslim man in a fundamentalist country can't hook up with any woman due to the strict customs, what do you think happens when they get tired of Rosy Palm?

Hint: No one bats an eye when men (or boys) travel together. A trauma nurse who did a stint in a hospital in Saudi Arabia told me one of the most common emergencies involved needing to repair and reinsert intestines.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:49 pm
Who are you calling freind?!?!?!? Them's fightin' words!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:53 am
dalahow2 wrote:
Still you agree that Islam started with only some few people in Mecca..Now please adjust your records to 1.5 billion due to the expansion of ISLAM in Africa, South america...New zealand, China, Japan...To all Western countries..I think where all "Other religions were present from time to time"..

That, Mr. Dalahow2 is because of evangelism, which Christianity is also guilty of. You will perceive that Christianity has 2.1 billion due to its evangelism? It too started off with a handful of followers and spread across the continents. What is your point?

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

Quote:
99% of all muslims normally adhere to one teaching...Other small areas of contention like covering up yourslef...please leave it for us to sort..

Thank you for your elaboration Wolf... Smile Smile

I never said that, Mr. Dalahow2, and I never even hinted at that. Just because you think the majority of Muslims are intelligent, tolerant and clever, does not mean they are.

I would like to point out to you a Review featured in New Scientist (1st April) of Manchester UK's Museum of Science and Industry's "1001 Inventions" exhibit.

The exhibit clearly showed the wonderful advances in culture and technology that the Muslims managed to achieve. Yet the review clearly and rightfully points out that this is in full contrast to the Islamic World today. The Muslim world today cannot compare to the ancient one, due to a lack of education, lack of access to proper educational materials and a lack of encourangement for critical thinking that may upset the fundamentalists that rule over the majority of the Muslim world.

The sharia law is being taken to an extreme that is preventing people from criticising the religious dogma that is so prevalent in the Muslim world.

This includes the almost backward treatment of Muslim women, which, I must add, does not occur within the Western countries, or even in the East Asian countries, for that matter.
0 Replies