what is your favorite smell ?????????

oldandknew

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 01:01 pm
Hey Beed ----------- yeah old books do have a certain smell about them, in the same way that old churches always do, with polished wood mingling with stone and the sweat of a great many people
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 01:44 pm
Beedle, John is entirely too modest, and as I am not, I would like for you to take a peek at his blues song:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/search.php?search_id=1440836073&start=100

When I find the other song that he has written, I'll give you that link, also.
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 01:53 pm
Confused

Letty, the link didn't work... if fact it led me into Area 54, where I watched
strange cone headed beings dancing the boogaloo. Unless that was a dream... ahh... it's so hard to sort these things out. Now, John, you have a song in your heart? Lemme hear!!!!!!! Exclamation
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 01:57 pm
Shocked I see what you mean. I don't get it..
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 03:12 pm
(theme from The Twilight Zone plays...)
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 03:19 pm
This one Beed ==== http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7304&highlight=
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 09:16 am
Surprised

Wow, that's some powerful stuff man. You have that set to music?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 09:46 am
Beed, no It's not set to music. I don't know a crotchet from a quaver. But.........................if it can be done, GREAT
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 09:57 am
Well, so glad that I could bring you two together, beedle and John, if only in a twilight zone sorta way Razz
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 14 May, 2003 10:26 am
Thank you for you efforts and input Letty. Let's see what occurs next......................tra la la la
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 10:47 pm
Ooooh the scent of a budding rose. I especially like
one variety called Double Delight, it's a lovely 2 toned
color but the smell is what grabs you. Pretty to look at
is nice, but this budding beauty just fills the house with
the most wondrous of smells. I used to go for roses based
largely on the appearance, but now I want it ALL!! A
lovely rose and a fragrance that is stunning.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 11:28 pm
The smell of the ocean has got to be one of my faves! Not just the way it makes you feel, but the way it rejuvenates you and makes you appreciate this beautiful earth!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 02:09 am
The beautiful smell of the first lush basil leaves of the summer .... Hey, pesto! Very Happy Goodbye cold weather & good riddance! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Time for bare feet & skin & warmth!
0 Replies

elroy

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 03:49 am
Misti, I totally agree with you! The ocean has magical qualities. Last time I got sick, my doctor told me to go to the ocean right away for at least 45 minutes. Not in the water, just to sit by it and breathe the purifying air deep into my lungs. It feels so refreshing. And yes it smells good to! Sweet grass smells good aswell. It's no ocean though. Sandalwood! Oh, so sweet..
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 05:26 am
This happened a long time ago. I, a New England Yankee, had been living in West Texas, the summer days there were dry and hot and drier and hotter. You baked unless you broiled. If you were foolish enough to sweat, you sauted in your own wetness until your shirt was crispy with salt. Every once in awhile you would take a dollar out of your wallet so you could look at something green.
One lovely weekend I escaped Tom Green County and flew back to Connecticut to visit my parents and younger brother. He and I headed for the par 3 golf course to see if we could lose ten dollars worth of balls in forty minutes or less. As we headed up to the first tee we had to cross a stream over a little bridge and I stopped short.
"What is it?" he said.
I had a look on my face like I was having some kind of vision.
"That smell!" I replied.
"What smell?"
"Oh, it's the smell of water. Ohmigod, Mike, look at the water!"
"What?" he said, a little irritated that I had decided to go mad just before he got to whip my ass at par 3.
"The water! It's moving! And smell that air!"
We both looked down at the stream with it's mossy rocks and long green hair ribbons of algae dancing in the flow.
"It's water, J, " he said, " it's supposed to move and smell like that."
"Well, it doesn't in Texas."

Sometimes, just before it rains, you get the greeny smell of water in the cloud-filled air. I like that smell.

Joe
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 08:45 am
Joe, long, green hair ribbons of algae. What a fantastic metaphor...

Oops, sorry, OAK. Didn't mean to mixed the metaphors and senses. Smile
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 05:30 pm
JN, what a lovely story, told so beautifully, it makes me wish there was another chapter:) < hint, hint >
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 07:02 pm
Joe Nation--I've been there in that glade. Ministered by a Jack in the Pulpit.
Under the oldest trees, the mossy stream in a holy hush. That's how oxygen smells after it's breathed out by the oldest of trees.

I enjoyed your story
0 Replies

grace

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 01:49 pm
Freshly peeled fruit ..that citrus fruit , i love it when i have a party and i make homemade punch and i peel and slice oranges, limes and lemons for it ...have tried various air fresheners but they never smell the same as the real thing
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 07:40 pm
Wow! Just reading this thread was relaxing.

I'll add mine -

The bathroom just after Mr. B has showered. It has this man smell that I can't describe.

Jasmine always smells like home - I have a large vine growing outside my front door and it is the smell that welcomes me in certain times of year.

Cloves stuck into oranges - especially if I'm in an old lady's house.

Cucumbers.

"Milk and Cookies" incense - it smells like chocolate and oranges. I can't find it anymore and I only have a few sticks left so I burn them with care.

Bounce fabric softener.

Mimeograph paper (sadly, xerox made that one a memory).
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 09:03:33