Armor Alley

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:11 pm
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE GAME OR KNOW WHERE TO DOWNLOAD IT!!! I REALLY WANT IT PLEASE REPLY!!! IT'S ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES EVER!!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,935 • Replies: 10
No top replies

yamiyugifan84

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:18 pm
Trust me people, when you start playing this game, you will love it. I played it when I went to a friend's house like 2 years ago, but I couldn't find what it was called. Now I know it's called Armor Alley but I can't find out where to download it. I was searching for a hour. Please help. Look for it and reply if you find it!!
0 Replies

yamiyugifan84

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:31 pm
here are some pictures if you don't know what game im talking about:http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/games/coverg/96/667596.jpg
http://www.juegomania.org/Armor+Alley/fotos/pc/5/5974/Foto+Armor+Alley.jpg
http://www.freeoldies.com/screenshotbank/6mo5ckji6m.gif
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:52 am
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7659/armoralley8ar.jpg
0 Replies

yamiyugifan84

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 09:13 pm
o yea y dont u try downloading it and then successfully playing it. then u can talk to me about it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 09:21 pm
Not much into DOS games, no interest at all in trying that one - if you're having problems, could be your Operating System - the game might not run on newer versions of Windows.
0 Replies

yamiyugifan84

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:51 pm
well did you download it? cmon please download it and see if you can play it. then tell me where you got it from cuz for some reason it wont work.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:00 pm
I hadn't downloaded it, no. However, to see what was up, I downloaded it from HERE (tiny .zip file, 277KB, 684KB unpacked). It installs and runs fine (for a clunky old DOS game with primitive graphics) on all Win9X operating systems, Win95 thru WinME, installs and runs fine on Win2K and WinXP except for sounds, which aren't much anyway (sorta irritating, really). It didn't seem to want to install under Mandrake Linux, but that mighta just been me and lack of patience to figure it out. Didn't try it under WinNT, Mac OS IX or OS X, and since it had no problems under Windows platforms, I saw no reason to use DOSBox - a handy emulator that will let newer machines/operating systems run lotsa stuff they otherwise wouldn't (even Commodore and TRS-80 stuff).
0 Replies

yamiyugifan84

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:47 pm
i downloaded it from here before and downloaded it now and it just says i cant play it because of the system. can u tell me where to get the emulator so that i can play it.
0 Replies

yamiyugifan84

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:58 pm
okay okay. i downloaded the emulator. i dragged the Aa.exe file to the emulator. then it started the menu which told me to set up its settings. then when i put play it wrote C:\. what i am supposed to do i dont get y it doesnt work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:20 pm
Dunno what to tell you partner.
  • I downloaded the game to a network drive
  • I extracted the .zip package into a folder of its own on the network drive
  • I copied the extracted folder onto the desktop of each machine I used for the test
  • On each machine, I executed the game's install .exe (AA.exe) from within that machine's copy of the extracted folder and followed the prompts to install, configure, and run the game
  • I had no problems under Win95OSR2.5, Win98, Win98SE, WinME, Win2KSP4, WinXPSP2 (both Home and Pro)

There is no reason to use DOSBox, or any other emulator; the game installs and runs fine as-is on any version of Windows I tried.
0 Replies