Logitech laser cordless mouse

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 03:16 pm
My new Logitech laser mouse doesn't work.

I charged it up, as instructed, ran the installation disc, tried my best to position the Base away from anything electric, and not resting on anything metal (not easy when desk is covered with computer, scanner, monitor, and printer, and underneath are two plug-in strips plus untold miles of connecting cords). Location! Location! Location!

The arrow remains motionless.

I've tried every combination of resetting the mouse and the Base to no avail.

The arrow remains motionless.

I am reduced to using an old old mouse, so old that it definitely deserves retirement.

Has anyone any solution?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 659 • Replies: 13
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 03:25 pm
My Logitech cordless requires that I follow set up steps in a VERY particular order or it doesn't work. Are you following the manual accordingly? Are you sure the batteries in the mouse are fresh ones?

I'm not trying to sound condescending, it's just that this brand seems kind of "finicky" about what needs to happen before it works right.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 03:51 pm
I hope the battery is fresh; it's not something you can take out and replace. The laser mice are different in this respect, and the Help page warns against fooling with the battery.

Yes, I did follow the sequence carefully, and you're probably right about the brand. I had another Logitech mouse - the regular cordless - and it took a bit of doing to install. And no, you don't sound condescending: I asked for a solution, you offered one, and I thank you.

As I said, I got everything working - charging, installation - except the damn mouse. The charging indicator (3 little lights) shows totally charged but the arrow still won't move.

I can access the Help page - using my old mouse - and a number of other items that I specifically said not to install, but Logitech went right ahead and installed them anyway. I'm not basically a fan of Logitech because of their tendency to sneak stuff in that one doesn't want, but I did want this mouse; it was highly recomended on A2K and elsewhere.

I'd hate to have to return it, but if the arrow won't move...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 04:07 pm
Does the mouse have a "connect" button somewhere on it that should be pressed?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 04:08 pm
Re: Logitech laser cordless mouse
Tomkitten wrote:
I hope the battery is fresh; it's not something you can take out and replace. The laser mice are different in this respect, and the Help page warns against fooling with the battery.

It's a recharchable battery - and I truely doubt that you got charged at all.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 05:22 pm
My mouse has a very tiny recessed reset button on the underside which has to be pressed with a pencil or pen point. Logitech doesn't mention it in the manual, only in a separate sheet which talks about the batteries. Other than that, I'm dumbfounded.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 05:33 pm
It's okay! I started the whole setup from scratch again and it's working nicely. I think maybe it was the location; I hadn't much choice, but found what is probably the only spot which answers the limitations.

I think I'm going to like this mouse, though it will take some time to learn all the features so that they're automatic.

Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 08:30 pm
Congrats! Happy mousing!
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:08 am
I keep the cradle for my MX1000 right next to my monitor directly in front of a speaker and it gives me no hassle.
Mind you though the mouse is only about 1 foot away from the cradle in normal use.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 08:57 am
Dammit! I spoke too soon. When I booted up this morning the mouse just lay there, all lit up ut totally inert. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a loose connection somewhere.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 03:07 am
You don't happen to have it plugged into a USB hub do you ?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 09:18 am
Good point, but no, I had it plugged into the mouse-designated place on the computer.

Anyway, after hours of total frustration I returned it to Amazn and they're sending a replacement. I should get it Monday. so for the moment I'm back to my old cordless & will entertain myself installing Adobe Elements 4. Certain aspects of that seem simpler than version 3. We shall see.
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:37 am
that is some wicked sexy logitech mouse gotta get me one!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:00 am
Well, the new mouse arrived yesterday, as promised. Now I have to nerve myself to try installing it. I'm keeping all my fingers crossed that everything goes well with this one (but crossed fingers do make working with the hands rather awkward, come to think of it...)
0 Replies