Holy Trinity and Idolatry

timberlandko

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:01 am
Rex, while Jesus or Christ is mentioned a couple dozen times in the Qu'ran, appearing in some 15 Surats, or chapters, and the Qu'ran includes a chapter specifically on Mary, the mother of Jesus according to the shared legends ("Surat u Maryam"), there is no interpretation that would allow one to say, as you did, that Islam " ... is deirved from Christ Jesus."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:18 am
timberlandko wrote:
Rex, while Jesus or Christ is mentioned a couple dozen times in the Qu'ran, appearing in some 15 Surats, or chapters, and the Qu'ran includes a chapter specifically on Mary, the mother of Jesus according to the shared legends ("Surat u Maryam"), there is no interpretation that would allow one to say, as you did, that Islam " ... is deirved from Christ Jesus."

Actually I believe there is a law in Islam that a prophet is not to openly contradict another prophet... It is punishable I believe by death if I am not mistaken...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:53 am
A quote from the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia concerning Mohammed...

On his commercial journeys to Syria and Palestine he became acquainted with Jews and Christians, and acquired an imperfect knowledge of their religion and traditions.

Comment:
It was the Catholic church who had an imperfect knowledge of Christianity and still does to this day...

This was why unfortunately Mohammed killed Christians and Jews at the time. Because they sought to kill him... These were pagan Jews and pagan Trinitarian Christians remember?

The Christians were seated in Rome and France the Jews in Jerusalem and were scattered everywhere.

Mohammed drove out the worship of idols where 1 to 2 hundred years earlier the Christians "misinterpreted" the Bible and introduced pagan idolatry into Christianity..

The Jews disliked both Christians and Muslims because they both represented the same thing "Jesus"... But the Jews had been paganized by Babylon also years earlier... This was one thing they had in common with the Neo Christians (pagan Trinitarian Christians)... But the Muslims would have nothing to do with pagan Gods in their land... I don't blame them. PAGANISM DOES NOT BELONG IN CHRISTIANITY OR JUDAISM EITHER... The Muslims are right on this one.

I don't necessarily believe killing a pagan is the way to solve this. But, back then, war and the struggle for virtuous rule was sometimes the only way to preserve peace with God and conscience. Just as war is still here today over the same issues...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:55 am
There is no Islamic law though against contradicting me... Smile
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 12:33 pm
BTW Rex, what religion are you?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 12:49 pm
xingu wrote:
BTW Rex, what religion are you?

I am somewhere standing center amongst Muslims, Jews, and the Christians... But not necessarily in a traditional sense...

Yet I source most of my ideas generally if not solely from the Bible...

The Bible's truth is what connects me to certain other faiths in true unity...

But you could also term me a multi non-denominational theist. I borrow truth from religions that uniquely expound on Biblical principles...

I think the major religions of the world have been hijacked by radicals...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 04:35 pm
I have one for you all that I thought of last night?

Genesis says God created man in his own image?

Is that an oxymoron?

Can a human person contain the image of God?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 04:44 pm
People with Near Death Experience say The Light is the sum total of all souls.

Those who have had Out of Body Experience say they can see the souls of other people. They see it as a dim light within the body.

So perhaps we are in an image of The Light.

I suppose we will all fine out sometime in the future. In the meantime enjoy the life you have now.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 06:08 pm
timberlandko wrote:
My, aren't we testy this morning ... do hope you feel better soon, and get back to shredding the fabric of silly presentations as opposed to snapping at the ankles of the presenters.

As far as snapping goes, you could bite me . . .

I acknowledge that RR's typical idiocy irritates me, but i make no apology for my response. He rarely if ever knows what the hell he's writing about, and makes sh!t up as he goes along, like that crap about Hey-Zeus and Islam. Many times its just not worth the effort as he babbles on with hundreds of lines of utter rot.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:57 pm
Janlim = Jew Christian Muslim
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 08:35 pm
Setanta wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
My, aren't we testy this morning ... do hope you feel better soon, and get back to shredding the fabric of silly presentations as opposed to snapping at the ankles of the presenters.

As far as snapping goes, you could bite me . . .

I acknowledge that RR's typical idiocy irritates me, but i make no apology for my response. He rarely if ever knows what the hell he's writing about, and makes sh!t up as he goes along, like that crap about Hey-Zeus and Islam. Many times its just not worth the effort as he babbles on with hundreds of lines of utter rot.

Set, give me a chance... I am consistent and not totally abstract.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 07:42 am
http://www.sabbatarian.com/Paganism/HecateTrinity.html
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 12:57 pm
'Strong delusion that they should believe a lie.'

If we listen to each other we are sure to be fooled the entire time we choose (yes choose) to spend in the prison of religious dogma. If God's within us, why do we need a second opinion?

Unity is not a product of 'trinity' and a creed is a man-made rule--serving man-made agendas.

So who cares? Is it really worth the diversion? What did Paul say?

'When I was on my way to Macedonia, I urged you to stay in Ephesus so that you could instruct certain people to stop teaching false doctrine and occupying themselves with myths and endless genealogies. These things promote controversies rather than God's ongoing purpose, which involves faith.
The goal of this instruction is love that flows from a pure heart, from a clear conscience, and from a sincere faith.'
(1 Timothy 1:3-5)

IOW--it's all nonsense except for love, sincerity, and integrity. What else is there, anyway?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 05:19 pm
Very succinct answer to the purpose of our walk with God.

The Bible is not only a book for those who have been obedient but it is a constant reminder to the disobedient that God is still willing to accept them into his grace and mercy.
0 Replies