On Spiders

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:17 pm
Hey, she's our patroness, too!

We have two sculptures of her, who take pride of place on our mantel.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/goddesses.jpg

(The middle one is something else, the one on the left is the Chinese version, the one on the right is the Thai version.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:18 pm
neat!
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:29 pm
Wow this is lovely Sozobe. Very Happy

What better ideal to live by than compassion?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:28 pm
Spider link
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 08:40 pm
Today, while working on an air conditioner, I noticed a spider on the emergency disconnect box, about three feet from my head. It looked much like a jumper, but did not jump at all. It appeared to be greatly interested in me and kept moving closer. I moved my hand to my chin and the spider took off running to the far side of the box. A second later, it regained the vantage point it had held. I moved my hand to my face again and again; it was comical to see the spider running for its life each time, then immediately return. Finally, I got too busy to notice anymore. What is it that attracts a spider to something as large as a human? I would like to think I would hide until the giants passed.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 09:04 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
What is it that attracts a spider to something as large as a human? I would like to think I would hide until the giants passed.

Curiosity?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 06:17 pm
In the past, I feared and hated spiders, but recognized the necessity of having them about. With me working on the side of a house, they often leapt at my hand if I came too close. Plus, I knew a man who was bitten by more than one spider in a short time, who was said to have died. Maybe so, because I never saw him again. However, I have mellowed in the years since. I sit around and watch them when time permits. They can be entertaining, though most are dull after a bit, sitting there, not moving.

I encountered one under the lip of the swimming pool last week, a big one, with what at first appeared to be hauling a black ball. The ball proved to be many babies. I tried to find a way of moving the family away from the pool, but gave it up, thinking they would end up in the water if I made a mistake. Don't know what happened to them.
0 Replies