WHICH FILMS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THIS YEAR?

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 12:48 pm
Here are some that I plan to see;
ART SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL
BRICK
THE NOTORIOUS BETTY PAGE
NACHO LIBRE
SUPERMAN RETURNS
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBIAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST
A SCANNER DARKLY
LADY IN THE WATER
PAN'S LABYRINTH
SNAKES ON A PLANE
THE BLACK DAHLIA
THE PRESTIGE
ERAGON
30 DAYS OF NIGHT -this is about vampires in Alaska!
INGLORIOUS BASTARDS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,524 • Replies: 60
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 12:57 pm
They have theaters in New Hampstah?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 04:04 pm
They talk funny up there. Even spell funny.

I'm looking forward to Superman and vampires.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:39 pm
Out of that list, "The Black Dahlia." It could be this year's "Chinatown." "Chinatown" managed to take the film noir into the realm of color cinematrography and with an artistic intergrity that will be hard to duplicate, let alone surpass. "LA Confidential" came close. Funny, most of the great film noir demographics are the LA area. I guess if you don't live there, it's perplexing. If you do, it's obvious.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 04:05 am
Dont really know whats coming out tho Superman should be interesting and im always up for a good Vampire movie.
Apparently MI3 is out and Im looking forward to X men 3.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:53 am
I have a prediction -- I think MI 3 is going to be a bigger dissapointment than 1 & 2 (and 1 was a really mediocre movie). I think Cruise has damaged his image irretrivably and won't have the star power to make the film turn a profit. He can always run for governor of California (Ahnold's movies haven't been but marginally profitable since "True Lies" and several of them lost money).
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:10 am
Have Tom and whatserface thats pregnant with his kid split up?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:15 am
Depends on if she's caught him with another man.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:26 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Depends on if she's caught him with another man.

Tom....a gay....noooooooooooooo!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:31 am
That's the rumor but I'm dubious that it's only some wish dream (or wet dream) of some queen in Cincinnati.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:40 am
Haha,it wouldnt bother me either way.
I doubt it would effect his career even if he was gay.
Its just a shame that 'the powers that be' feel as tho they have to go about it this way.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:52 am
Gay and a Scientologist (as much as they deny their are a cult, the more they are a cult -- next time Tom makes a personal appearance and is wearing white tennies, I will wonder). I think because many people recognize Scientology as a pyramid scheme. They ask for "donations" which are actually fees for "services" and then encourage recruiting to bring in more dough. Trouble is, the money all filters up to the top -- the members of the Church (???!!!) don't glean any of it except for some free "services."

I don't think "Mission Impossible" was a viable franchise being born when the first movie came out. A third is liable to bomb just like the fourth "Superman" movie. Hope the new "Superman" movie comes up with something really unique and enthralling or it, too, will end up on the woodpile of would-be blockbusters. With the costs of making these films, I think they are going to have to redefine blockbuster by how much money it makes, not by a gross box office. But that criteria, BBM, for instance, is already a blockbuster.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 10:13 am
I think its good they are redoing Superman. I thin they are trying to get away from action movies and make more family oriantated movies which still have the semi action/CGI/hero quality to them.Hence alot of comic book films over recent years.

Wish they would hurry up with Wonderwoman, thats been in the pipeline for about 10 years!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:06 am
If they follow the groundwork now laid out by the Spiderman movies and "Batman Returns" with a reasonably literate script and a coherant stylization, it could be a winner.
0 Replies

chr42690

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:57 am
PC2
Pirates of the Carribean 2
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:43 am
The Da Vinci Code
P O T C 2
X-Men 3
Ice Age 2
Shrek The Third (or is that next year ?)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:01 am
I'm no fan of the Creature From the Black Lagoon, but saw somewhere that a new version of it could be in the works this year.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:15 am
Hope they do a good job on it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0485799/
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:16 am
This was Clint Eastwood's first movie.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0048554/
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:59 am
He wasn't credited as a lab technician in that movie! Way to start a career -- thanks for noting that xingu.
0 Replies