neologist

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:44 pm
But it exists in some humans . . ?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 04:09 pm
So does memory loss, what does that prove?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
I have just now become aware that i "triple-posted" . . . my sincere apology.

I do not subscribe to any form of elitism--which is not to say that i fail to recognize differences of talents or capacities which arise from nuture or nature. Empathy is a capacity which must be acquired, in my never humble opinion--i see no evidence of empathic responses in small children, who behave as though they are the center of the universe, which is nothing more than one would expect.

People become empathic only if they possess and develop the ability to estimate the feelings engendered in someone else by that person's experience of the world. Not everyone can be considered likely to develop that ability, fewer still to draw any lessons from, and fewest of all to act upon what they've learned.

I suspect that the genuinely empathic, those who have a genuine, internally resident conscience, are relatively few, whether numbered among the religious or not. I consider most people who profess religious devotion to be mealy-mouthed hypocrits--but, then, i'm sure you already devined that . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 06:09 pm
Setanta wrote:
I have just now become aware that i "triple-posted" . . . my sincere apology . . .
No prob. It was a thought worth repeating. Smile
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:06 pm
neologist wrote:
Not about to let this topic end in a moon shot.

Did Adam and Eve have a conscience? If so why did it not prevent them from eating the fruit?

Yes they had an conscience.God awake them about forbidden tree. So all Prophets act as order of God. Prophet hasn't got any sin. Also not to do sin is their most important speciliates. But Adam forgotten ( Qur'an Taha chapter 15) that God said and did this mistake. So God lowered them to the world.....
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:10 pm
At first Eve ate fruit than said to Adam, there is no harm eating fruit and Adam ate too. But his body was opened and he shamed so much and run all over and found a fig leaf and used it as a covering.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:13 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
neologist wrote:
Not about to let this topic end in a moon shot.

Did Adam and Eve have a conscience? If so why did it not prevent them from eating the fruit?

Yes they had an conscience.God awake them about forbidden tree. So all Prophets act as order of God. Prophet hasn't got any sin. Also not to do sin is their most important speciliates. But Adam forgotten ( Qur'an Taha chapter 15) that God said and did this mistake. So God lowered them to the world.....
Lowered them to the world?
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:19 pm
yes put them to the world but different places..
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:24 pm
But the Genesis account says they were created on earth to live forever on earth. If they had not sinned, they would still be here and we would not have war and crime and sickness and death.

Something's fishy here, kev
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:30 pm
No.. It is so clear that they ve created in heaven. But Adam's material was brought from earth by the angel of death. Adam was created than Eve was created from his scapula bone when Adam was sleeping...

One of his son killed each other. So crime has started in the earth.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:36 pm
Sorry, kev. You've got to do better than that. You will have to show the error in the book of Genesis.

Example:

No sentient creature suffered death until Adam's sin
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:38 pm
I talk about Qur'an and sayings of Our Prophet. It is not my aim to find error in the book of Genesis.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:44 pm
These matters are commentaries in all the time of human being.. We only learn them from Prophets or books.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:46 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
I talk about Qur'an and sayings of Our Prophet. It is not my aim to find error in the book of Genesis.
But you contradict the book of Genesis. How do you accomplish that without explaining its 'error'?
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:51 pm
I ve no knowledge about what other books talk about this matter. But Qur'an clearly says that Adam was in Paradise up to this mistake.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:10 pm
And you have concluded that paradise must not be upon earth?

The term 'Garden of Eden' when transliterated from the Hebrew means 'paradise of pleasure'.

It was on earth.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:27 pm
neologist wrote:

The term 'Garden of Eden' when transliterated from the Hebrew means 'paradise of pleasure'.

It was on earth.

I know Qur'an is orginal.. Also I touched with my hand to first Qur'an Which was written by Hz.Osman(R.A) who is 3. Caliph of Islam. So.. Qur'an contains all other orginal books. Confliction with other orginal books is impossible. But some Jewish people may be commented Genesis words about this matter as a earth. Qur'an says different place from earth which is called paradise.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 02:04 am
Sorry you guys but this seems to me that you are looking in the rule books for different types of "football" in an attempt to find a definition of "fair play"(=conscience).
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:31 am
kevnmoon wrote:
neologist wrote:

It was on earth.

I know Qur'an is orginal.. Also I touched with my hand to first Qur'an Which was written by Hz.Osman(R.A) who is 3. Caliph of Islam. So.. Qur'an contains all other orginal books. Confliction with other orginal books is impossible. But some Jewish people may be commented Genesis words about this matter as a earth. Qur'an says different place from earth which is called paradise.
Sorry, kev.

No cigar.
0 Replies