Make your own sports...

Ray

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:55 am
I think this will be fun. Got ideas for a new sport? Tired of certain aspects of an existing sport and want to modify it? Post your thoughts here.

I'll start. I don't like how in the last minutes of a basketball game, players tend to intentionally commit fouls.

I think that it'd be cool if the team leading in points would have to score two more baskets at the end of the game in order to win (get rid of the last minute of the game). Then, if they fail to do that and the other team ties it up or leads, then the next basket wins it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 801 • Replies: 12
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:53 am
Ooh, this could be fun.

Average Joes Derby

Two people (can be two men, two women or a man and a woman, it doesn't matter) partner up to perform certain basic, ordinary, every day tasks while time is running out.
    * Fry an egg in a skillet. Points deducted for burning or undercooking the egg. * Move trash to curb before garbage truck comes, going around certain obstacles in a weave pattern. Points deducted for any spills. * Hem pants * Soothe crying child. Extra points for singing. * Walk dog (minimum distance of one hundred feet, extra points for scooping poop) * Clean five feet of gutters
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:08 pm
Hehe awesome. That could make for good TV too.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:28 pm
Polo and Golf, You can't leave the golf cart, the first team to get their ball in the hole wins that hole. Whoever wins the most amount of holes is the winner. In the event of a tie the teams play chicken with the golf carts. First one to turn loses and buys at the 19th hole.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:36 pm
I think I've had a dream about that once...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 05:53 am
sublime1 wrote:
... First one to turn loses and buys at the 19th hole.

That's so much nicer than most trophies.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:26 pm
I'd like to know whatever happened to skipping?

People walk, people run....but skipping is more fun than running and more active than walking.

Who made the rule that once we become adults we have to give up skipping? Why do kids get to have all the fun?

Tomorrow evening, when I come home from work, I think I'm gonna go out and skip a few blocks before dinner....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:31 pm
I love skipping!

One nice thing about having a little girl. We skip all the time.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:32 pm
Yep, skipping's fun! Kids have got the right idea!
0 Replies

southerngentleman

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 04:03 pm
How about 4-square? I used to play that ALL the time in grade-school. Its kind of like Dodge ball, except your limits are defined by four small squares. You have ot catch the ball as someone bounces it at your square and tries to make you miss it. That was a great game. Teaches you to have sharp reflexes!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 04:13 pm
Let's revert to the ideal of athletics in their original form and rule that all competitions must be held nude.

Fortunately, I've never been much of a football fan, but readily foresee becoming a diehard viewer of women's soccer. Or beach volleyball....
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 10:02 pm
lol, maybe that's what those streakers are trying to do, run in the middle of a tennis match naked to promote the good ol' Ancient Olympique's sports.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 10:20 pm
Well, that was my excuse to the cops, and I'm sticking to it!
0 Replies