recording streamed content

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 06:08 am
I'm trying to find a way of recording streamed content off the internet. My mate is an internet dj in the USA and he's asked my opinion on his show. The problem is that when he's on the air, I'm always in bed. I thought if there was a way to record his show, I could listen the next day, and then let him know what I think. Unfortunately i can't think of a way to record it. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 418 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:32 am
Search Google for "record streamng audio". (leave out the quote marks) There are tons of links to both free and paid for software to do this.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:08 am
Your sound card probably has a line-level plug on it, which is probably the feed to your computer speakers (this may not work if you have digital speakers). If it takes a stereo mini-plug, like the one on a set of headphones, you can get an adapter at Radio Shack which has a stero mini-plug at one end and two RCA plugs at the other, like a stereo system's line level inputs. You can plug that into a stereo. If you still have a cassette deck, wake up at the right time and start the cassette deck and go back to sleep. VCRs usually have LINE inputs, which you can plug the RCA plugs into and set the VCR to record from line at whatever time you want (Make sure you have your computer playing the right thing before you go to sleep). DVD recorders probably have something analogous but I've never fooled around with them.
0 Replies

lordramage2

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 10:06 am
recording streamed audio
thanks for the answers guys, i'll try those solutions
0 Replies