Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:16 pm
Indeed, man loves firstly himself, then his relations, then his nation, then living creatures, then the universe, and the world. He is connected with all these spheres. He may receive pleasure at their pleasure and pain at their pain. However, since nothing is stable in this world of upheavals and revolutions swift as the wind, man's wretched heart is constantly wounded. The things his hands cling onto tear at them as they depart, even severing them. He remains in perpetual distress, or else plunges into heedless drunkenness. Since it is thus, my soul, if you have sense, gather together all those loves and give them to their true owner; be saved from those calamities. These infinite loves are particular to One possessing infinite perfection and beauty. When you give it to its true owner, you will be able to love everything without distress in His name and as His mirrors. That means this love should not be spent directly on the universe. Otherwise, while being a delicious bounty, it becomes a grievous affliction.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,219 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:24 pm
Now try saying what you mean.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:27 pm
As far as I can tell, he's trying to say what Jesus once said. "Love thy neighbour." I don't know about you guys, but I think Jesus said it best and the way he said it cannot be improved upon.

Also, I think kevnmoon's "trying" to sound "smart".
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:43 pm
Dear Wolf..
Jesus is my heart.. These passages r not mine. I liked them and share with you if you like. You summarized lines, thank you.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:49 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

If we love mirrors about sun, there will be no problem.. Mirrors r for SUN. God is an Eternal Sun.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:49 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
Dear Wolf..
Jesus is my heart.. These passages r not mine. I liked them and share with you if you like. You summarized lines, thank you.

If the passage above is not yours, then you must attribute them to their proper author. To not do so is considered plagiarism. You're stealing somebody else's gobbledy-gook and by not properly crediting them with its writing, you are in effect, presenting it as your own work.

I don't know about you, but I find that disrespectful and dishonest. If you truly love, properly credit the author of this stuff.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:50 pm
Hi Kev.

It is a practice in this forum to attribute any passages you share that are someone else's.

I'm not sure who wrote this particular passage...but whoever it was certainly didn't get the job done.

Perhaps the best way to proceed would be to ask you:

What is your take on that passage?

What does it mean to you?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:51 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
If we love mirrors about sun, there will be no problem.. Mirrors r for SUN. God is an Eternal Sun.

That has got to be some of the least coherent gabble i've seen at this site from someone who is, ostensibly, a native speaker of English.

I salute you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:51 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

This is even more confusing that the original, Kev.

What are you talking about????
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:01 pm
The man who has written these line is my Master. I read and want to live his writings in all my life. His name is Said Nursi.

Also I didn't say these r mine. I wrote you at first note. So you may take back ''disrespectful and dishonest'' words. You injured my heart.

My aim is not to be smart or etc... Only I want to show my Master to people.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:02 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
The man who has written these line is my Master. I read and want to live his writings in all my life. His name is Said Nursi.

Also I didn't say these r mine. I wrote you at first note. So you may take back ''disrespectful and dishonest'' words. You injured my heart.

Yes, but by posting it up without referring to your Master's name, it is as if you are saying they are yours. How can you show your Master's thoughts to people, if you do not credit the words as being his?

We're not telepaths.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:05 pm
I begin to suspect that you are not a native speaker of English.

Your first entry at this site, just before last Christmas, was equally loopy . . . as anyone can see by reading here . . .

Although i suspect your coherence likely would not improve, given the content of that thread and this, it might help you to learn to express yourself better in English. As it stands now, your drivel is so meaningless as to be almost incomprehensible. Most people are not likely to pay much attention to you.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:13 pm
Mr. Frank
God gave people's heart endless love. Because of He is endless. But generally people use their love wrongly, if we use this endless love for him, it will be better for us.

So we should love everything but first GOD, and only for Got..

That is the brief ...
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:14 pm

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:15 pm
Now he's repeating himself . . .

Somebody stick a fork in 'im, i think he's done now . . .
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:18 pm
You r right Mr. Wolf
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:29 pm
kevnmoon, I have very important news for you: LOVE DOESN'T EXIST; it is a perception of humankind.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:40 pm
Mr. Setanta
There is no suspect English is not my native language.. So I am slow at writing.. Secondly I say these lines r aid to my Master..
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:43 pm
Mr.Jason, If you believe in God.. Love is reflections of him.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 07:04 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
Mr.Jason, If you believe in God.. Love is reflections of him.

If I believed any god exists, I would still think that love is a concept of our wild imagination.
0 Replies