Short Story - First Draft

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 04:51 pm
I tossed this together last weekend whilst coughing and sneezing my head off in bed. If anyone cares to read it and give me some feedback I'd appreciate it greatly.

Hopefully it's not too horrible, just remember, I was sick while writing it. (that's my 'out')

The Object
I slowly folded up the paper and placed it into the box. I put the box to the side and stood up to stretch my legs. As I looked up I saw that a figure stood before me, dark eyes fixed upon me from under a deep hood. I couldn't move, but merely stared at him as the figure reached up and lowered his hood, exposing a snow-white face to the evening sun.
We sat there, staring at one another for many minutes, and then with a slow nod I reached to table and lifted the talisman to my forehead. . . .
. . . and knew what I was to do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 779 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 03:34 pm
Is it a bit too long for anyone to bother?

I can break it up if that makes it easier. Or if it just plain sucks and you can't get through the first paragraph i'd love to hear that too. Anyone?

Is this one just destined to drop off the forum?
0 Replies