Discover Islam

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 07:06 am
From Understanding Islam

by Ram Sharup

In the eyes of Muhammad, a wrong theology is worse than wicked deeds. When asked, "Which sin is the gravest in the eyes of Allah?" he replies: "That you associate a partner with Allah." To kill your child and to commit adultery with the wife of your neighbor are second and third in gravity according to Muhammad (156).

In fact, only a wrong theology can keep a Muslim out of Paradise. But no morally wicked act-not even adultery and theft-can prevent his entry. Muhammad tells us: "Gabriel came to me and gave me tidings: Verily he who died amongst your Ummah [sect, nation, group] without associating anything with Allah would enter paradise." In clarification, AbU Zarr, the narrator of the hadIs, asks Muhammad whether this is true even if the man committed adultery and theft. Muhammad replies: "Yes, even if he committed adultery and theft" (171). The translator clarifies the point further: He says that adultery and theft "are both serious offences in Islam . . . but these do not doom the offender to the eternal hell," but polytheism or associating any god "with the Lord is an unpardonable crime and the man who commits it is doomed to Hell" (notes 169 and 170).
0 Replies

Prophet Lover

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 07:19 pm
& waT abouT this Hadith Steve (as 41oo) ?!!!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:09 am
and WiCh One is ThaT?

Is it not a fact that Islam reserves for itself an absolute monopoly on truth?

And how ridiculous is that?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 01:55 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Is it not a fact that Islam reserves for itself an absolute monopoly on truth?

And how ridiculous is that?

What absolute monoply are you referring to?

Islam mean submission to God's will; meaning even Christian, Jew, etc. who submits to God's will be on the right path. Thus do not question what God does to people; he knows what you do not know. Accept the truth and you will be assured a place in paradise.

Those who believe, those who are Jews, Christians, and Sabaeans, all who believe in God and the Last Day and act rightly will have their reward with their Lord. They will feel no fear and will know no sorrow. (Qur'an, 2:62)

He can do anything He wills when He wills it. He does not need the deeds and efforts of believers to make His religion prevail:

Do not the Believers know, that, had God (so) willed, He could have guided all mankind (to the right)? (Ar-Rad,31)

As for the hadith, every Muslim (anyone who follows Islam - submission) will eventually go to heaven. That is of course after he faces the punishment he recieved.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:04 pm
The ones that contradict that say even the rocks will rise up and say (paraphrasing), "Hey! Over here! There's a Jew hiding behind me. Kill him."

Don't you think that is an evil sentiment?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:07 pm
and of course our respect for their holy places is reciprocated

not

"The authorities were wary of offending Muslim sensibilities, even in the case of Hamza. When police did finally raid the Finsbury Park mosque they treated the hotbed of terrorism with utmost respect.

"Every precaution was taken to avoid hurting Muslim sensibilities," Lord Stevens, the former Metropolitan police commissioner, wrote in his autobiography. "All police officers who were to enter the mosque wore overshoes and headgear, and the raiding party included Muslim officers to handle copies of the Koran."

Hamza had shown no such courtesy in his public rants. Instead he had described Britain as a "toilet" and urged his followers to turn it into an Islamic state. He had urged them to "bleed the enemies of Allah" and to "stab them here and there". "
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 09:14 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
and of course our respect for their holy places is reciprocated

not

"The authorities were wary of offending Muslim sensibilities, even in the case of Hamza. When police did finally raid the Finsbury Park mosque they treated the hotbed of terrorism with utmost respect.

"Every precaution was taken to avoid hurting Muslim sensibilities," Lord Stevens, the former Metropolitan police commissioner, wrote in his autobiography. "All police officers who were to enter the mosque wore overshoes and headgear, and the raiding party included Muslim officers to handle copies of the Koran."

Hamza had shown no such courtesy in his public rants. Instead he had described Britain as a "toilet" and urged his followers to turn it into an Islamic state. He had urged them to "bleed the enemies of Allah" and to "stab them here and there". "

And did you not see the destruction they did to the mosques in Iraq? The way they raided the mosques and stepped all over the Quran. The way they vanadalized the mosques and tore the Quran apart; you call that being courteous?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 05:09 am
Raul-7 wrote:

And did you not see the destruction they did to the mosques in Iraq? The way they raided the mosques and stepped all over the Quran. The way they vanadalized the mosques and tore the Quran apart; you call that being courteous?

thats nothing compared to this and this

and thats just the bastardy that muslims did in india. i am sure every part of the world where the "warriers of the camel" went to, have similar stories to tell.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 02:00 pm
If you want to know all about muslim atrocities, just ask a Sikh. Ever been inside a Sikh temple? It becomes glaringly obvious to anyone that does.
0 Replies

Prophet Lover

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 08:14 pm
Doktor S wrote:
If you want to know all about muslim atrocities, just ask a Sikh. Ever been inside a Sikh temple? It becomes glaringly obvious to anyone that does.

sry I'm not good at English

but wat u mean by " sikh " ?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 08:24 pm
Prophet Lover, you said more, and in English, than you might imagine. Sikhs are a religious sect in India.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:38 pm
Prophet Lover wrote:
Doktor S wrote:

sry I'm not good at English

but wat u mean by " sikh " ?

Sikhism is a Monotheistic religion dominant in the punjab region of india.
It arose pretty much soley as a reaction to muslim persecution, and their temples are generally adorned with murals depicting said persecution.
One particular mural of a Sikh 'guru' being sawn in half lengthwise by a group of muslims comes to mind.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 01:22 am
Doktor S wrote:

What do they have inside their temple? You make it seem like you understand the whole story behind it; did you not see the mosques they destroyed?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 01:35 am
sikhs did/do not destroy mosques. they are not a lunatic arab cult like islamics.

here's what the camel jockeys did tho -
http://voiceofdharma.org/books/htemples1/
and
http://voiceofdharma.org/books/htemples2/
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 02:15 am
There has been a proliferation of self proclamatory Islamic threads recently. I find this troubling because rather than speak out against their lunatic fringe, muslims are afraid of offending such lunatics and/or their common "God" which has inspired them. Instead they seek self valedictory passages in their "holy book" which they think presumably by "word magic" alone will solve their problem. Such "word magic" IS the problem!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 01:12 pm
i certainly think islam is a problem unique cf other religions.

its more like a political creed than a religion

this might be simplistic but is it not a fact that wherever there is religious conflict in the world, ONE side at least is always muslim?

muslim jew
muslim christian
muslim buddhist
muslim hindu
muslim muslim
muslim secularist

or is this unfair to islam?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 03:55 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
i certainly think islam is a problem unique cf other religions.

its more like a political creed than a religion

this might be simplistic but is it not a fact that wherever there is religious conflict in the world, ONE side at least is always muslim?

muslim jew
muslim christian
muslim buddhist
muslim hindu
muslim muslim
muslim secularist

or is this unfair to islam?

Now, sure. Yesterday it was christianity. Maybe tommorow it will be scientology!
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:44 pm
fresco wrote:
There has been a proliferation of self proclamatory Islamic threads recently. I find this troubling because rather than speak out against their lunatic fringe, muslims are afraid of offending such lunatics and/or their common "God" which has inspired them. Instead they seek self valedictory passages in their "holy book" which they think presumably by "word magic" alone will solve their problem. Such "word magic" IS the problem!

Why be a jackass like the rest of people here and offend people's religions; I'd rather answer the question and fortunately all the answers I need are in the Quran.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:54 pm
It seems everyone in the world is a jackass to you Raul-7, everyone who doesn't agree with you and your view of the universe.

Such is the bigotry and arrogance of the religious zealot. Lot's of talking, almost no listening, and always through the "holy truth" filter.

It's been said before, but the more I hear about Islam from Muslims, the more I'm convinced the world is much better off without it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:56 pm
Doktor S,

Ok, you can pick on Scientology, but leave Tom Cruise alone, okay? :wink:
0 Replies