If a conjoined twin is killed, is it double murder?

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 09:23 pm
Ok let's say a conjoined twin is shot in his/her heart. The doctors who had considered separating them had decided that it was his/her heart and had intended to separate them and the other twin would have died since it would no longer have a heart.

So, both twins die. Is it a double murder? What if it's an execution for an act one of them commited? Is it then a murder?

What if the twins are unborn and harmed when their mother is attacked? Is it then a triple homicide?

Just for consideration A mental meandering.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,427 • Replies: 11
No top replies

fishin

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 10:29 pm
Re: If a conjoined twin is killed, is it double murder?
Craven de Kere wrote:
So, both twins die. Is it a double murder?

I'm not sure about US law. Under UK law it would be. Under their law each twin is considered to be seperate. I'd guess US law is the same but I'd need to dig it up.

Quote:
What if it's an execution for an act one of them commited? Is it then a murder?

I can't imagine that would ever happen. I can't imagine any nation/state would sentence one twin to capital punishment knowing that carrying out that sentence would kill the innocent twin too. But if it did occur, IMO, yes, it would be murder of the innocent twin.

Quote:
What if the twins are unborn and harmed when their mother is attacked? Is it then a triple homicide?

OH, HELL YES! lmao
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 10:49 pm
I'm with Fishin.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 11:04 pm
Mass murder with one .22 bullet. Hmmm.

fishin'

The execution scenario is a common lateral thinking puzzle but I don't think it ever happened.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 11:04 pm
Is anyone else worried about where, exactly, all these questions are heading?

I think Craven has his evil sights set on some poor conjoined twin pregnant pussycats...and he's gonna do some warped thing from the weirder nether regions of the bible to them - after shaving them - that will lead to their deaths.

And that is one of the cheerier scenarios I have in my worry scedule about all this!

Oh, I am with Fishin'.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 11:05 pm
fishin' can I be real mean and say that in the triple hom example I dinna say that the twins died? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 11:26 pm
yes, you could Craven! But then that would just feed deb's theory about you even more wouldn't it??? lol
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 11:33 pm
hahaha!!!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 11:40 pm
deb's a hippy. hippies are to be seen and not heard. 'specially on a written medium.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 11:55 pm
Yaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn.....how craven thou art, in sooth as well as in name.....how form doth follow function...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 12:01 am
O rarely base, do you vex me still? Effigy of woman, you are an irksome brawling scold. Lets meet as little as we can. I desire that we be better strangers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:09 am
Hence, horrible villain, or I'll spurn thine eyes like balls before me; I'll unhair thy head, thou shalt be whipp'd with wire, and stew'd in brine, smarting in lingering pickle.
0 Replies