cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:03 pm
...and to Sofia, as an ex-goth, I think yer avatar is way sexy Very Happy
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:03 pm
dlowen is an incorrigable bunny hog.

We shall pick a day in the near future, and all be bunny for a day.
(Shh. Don't tell her.)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:04 pm
Uh-oh.

Mmmmmm. cav's got my motor purring.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:05 pm
T. Rex fan me, as well...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:07 pm
I picked mine because I am a Border Collie.

Actually, it was the first dog avatar in the gallery. That's all.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:07 pm
Watch out! You might get the teeth of the Hydra upon you.
Your built like a car, ahh yeah.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:10 pm
jespah, what are you trying to say, girl?

Farmer Bob's barn is on fire?

Timmy's in the well?

Go get Deputy Dick!

(Disclaimer: This poster is given to fits of giddiness, usually immediately after having motor turned on. It may last for hours. No medication for this phenomena. )
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:11 pm
I just love the Sozo!! "Take no prisoners"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:12 pm
uh oh...better warn Mrs. cav Wink She may want in...rrrrooowww!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:17 pm
Disclaimer: This poster is all talk, and doesn't extend Bad Girl behavior past a few silly comments in safe, public venues. My own dutiful pleasure palace (husband) reclines a few feet away, and understands me proclivity to speak in a naughty manner on occasion. Will keep me mitts of mrs. cav's merchandise.

Hope the mr. nor mrs. takes offense.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:20 pm
Lol! No offense taken, all in the same spirit as yer post, sofia Very Happy
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:42 pm
I do not know if I speak for anyone other than myself, when it comes to reading words (ideas: thoughts) from another on the internet, coupled with avatar images........ when I offer this:

Whatever "avatar" one associates oneself (and one's words) with; one (you), can at once assume that the reader of these words will value them on a (ever) declining scale.

Yes, yes, I know that this is all in fun, and everyone wishes to be loved and thought most highly of, and to just "have a good time" with fellow cyber chatters.

But every once in awhile someone does indeed, wish to communicate a thought most serious and even personal.

No avatar, currenty in existance, is worthy of such communication.

I ask myself, would (fill in your favorite iconic person of history, here) if s/he were prone to internet chat, really come to the table with some kind of .....avatar: For lack of a better word?

I apologize (really) for the diverse opinion.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:47 pm
Oh, no need to apologize! I know what you mean.

I've happily conveyed several personal and serious thoughts here, though, and don't think (maybe I'm wrong) my avatar impacted that one way or the other...
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:49 pm
KYN--

Sorta like marrying a video with a song?

I have hated that practice.

Music used to speak to everyone in a uniquely different voice-- Now we are stuck with a "video image".
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:53 pm
Anyone can have the Bunny! There is no absolute right to avatars here!

It does, however, cause confusion - so Cav kindly changed. 'Twould have been fine if he had not, too - though nobody would believe the number of PM's I get when somebody uses the Bunny for a bit - anyone would think I had, myself, been kidnapped. It is quite funny.

Here - believe it or not, is the reason I chose this avatar, and like her so much - I wrote it out on my woodchuck thread, to the consternation and horror of the digresors there - but it is, though somewhat tongue in cheek, TRUE!

Now - here we go! - you see, I picked the rabbit because of the wonderful irony implicit in the juxtaposition of the cultural baggage that goes with the rabbit - at least in the literary world, especially as it relates to childhood - and the world-weary, ironic, sensuous and slightly depraved attitude of the actual bunny involved!

It tickled my fancy mightily, and appealed to my joy in weird and
stunningly wonderful dissonances.

I also liked her sensuality.

Now - Craven, for instance - thinks she relates to the Playboy Bunny - but this, while it may have been present sub-consciously, as a cultural emblem I despise, to play with, and against - never crossed my mind - although it clearly crosses the mind of others.
I think she is perfect for a Leo - if one accepts the stuff astrology says, even if only to laugh at it - because she is attention-grabbing and offers constant opportunities to play both with and against her perceived persona - and to tease and surprise whilst doing so.
She has also - to my surprise, and doubtless naively so - presented a challenge re being taken seriously in serious fora. I am unsure, yet, whether this relates solely to Bunny, or is also an artifact of my gender. We shall see! But Bunny shall fight the good fight - and I am enjoying the challenge, because I am a wanker, when it comes down to it.

Also - it was fun discombobulating folk who thought they knew me!
I bet you are soooooooooo sorry you commented, now - what a reply!

¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:57 pm
Sofia wrote:
jespah, what are you trying to say, girl?

Farmer Bob's barn is on fire?

Timmy's in the well?

Go get Deputy Dick!

(Disclaimer: This poster is given to fits of giddiness, usually immediately after having motor turned on. It may last for hours. No medication for this phenomena. )

Durn Timmy can't stay outta the dang well.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:58 pm
<deep sigh. body droops, listlessly>

I was sure it had something to do with the Bunny Takeover of Oz, lo, years ago. You were the Mastermind OBL escaped bunny, living in secrecy, plotting a comeback--
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 05:01 pm
Border collies-- Multi-lingual, courageous, strong, intuitive, overworked.

...and are quite satisfied with dirty water.

Another good fit.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 05:03 pm
Gawd, am I that transparent? Tee hee hee ....
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 05:03 pm
I understand KYN predicament. I hesitated, but just a little. Avatars are fun, and useful (if there are no duplicates).

I started with this here monkey, 'cause I like monkeys, a funny and smart animal.
Then I changed to a smoking squirrel which, for other reasons, is an animal I identify with.
Then came the Big Avatar Massacre, when no avatar from your disk could be uploaded. Back to the monkey.
Have given more than a thought about going back to the smoking squirrel, but I guess I have already been identified with the monkey.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 02:05:42