Is the Nintendo 64 a great system or what?

Lucien

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:21 pm
Seriously. Yeah, I know its old school and the graphics are crap, but there are some really addictive and fun games on that system. And its got two Legend of Zelda games on it. Most of the other games on it are fun though. Like Super Smash Bros. Classic!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,295 • Replies: 13
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 06:25 pm
i still play perfect dark and goldeneye
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 06:33 pm
Re: Is the Nintendo 64 a great system or what?
Lucien wrote:
Like Super Smash Bros. Classic!

Drop the "Classic". There is no other Smash. I do not acknowledge anything Gamecubian.

(btw, best game ever.)
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:31 pm
djjd62 wrote:
i still play perfect dark and goldeneye

Goldeneye has to be one of the best multiplayer games ever.

Temple, no radar, grenade launchers, license to kill.
0 Replies

Drowned By Darkness

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 04:37 pm
Yeah definately drop the classic, like smog said. Also, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were great, and I have yet to try Perfect Dark Zero for xbox360.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:52 am
Drowned By Darkness wrote:
Yeah definately drop the classic, like smog said. Also, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were great, and I have yet to try Perfect Dark Zero for xbox360.

zero is good, but if i had the resources to develop a game and ten or so years to do it, i would have hopefully made a better game
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 08:24 pm
That's what people usually buy the newer Nintendo systems for, the Zelda, Mario, Starfox, and other Nintendo games.
0 Replies

Lucien

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:30 pm
Ray wrote:
That's what people usually buy the newer Nintendo systems for, the Zelda, Mario, Starfox, and other Nintendo games.

That's the only reason I bought a Gamecube, is for Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. When I beat the game, I was starting to regret my purchase, and then I got Resident Evil 4. Hell, I still play that game. And now that Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is about to come out, I am real glad that I got a Gamecube.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:03 am
lol yep, that sums up my friends' decisions as well. Only Nintendo systems I have is the NES and SNES. Old school Laughing
0 Replies

ryo sakazaki

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:37 pm
NINTENDO 64 is undoubtedly a great vidoe game console at the time (1997-1999), well, it was...

Now, we gona live in Nintendo Revolution Era
0 Replies

bendragonbrown

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 02:12 am
I had one and it was awesome. You forgot Goldeneye as well. That game ruled...
Oh, and the N64 days were when Rare made good games - Banjo Kazooie and Jet Force Jemini.
0 Replies

SelmarTaynor

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 04:10 pm
In my opinion, most influential came console in history (check out the post). So many classics such as mario bros, mario kart, goldeneye, perfect dark, and smash bros. I still love to play them.
0 Replies

greevilrulez

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:30 pm
^i agree^

The PS1 had nothing on the n64 (the 64 had 63 more) it was best in its time star fox 64 was one of the very best 3d games of the time. I still play it today. I'm glad trhe n64 will live on with the wii's downloadind system!
0 Replies

BoloMark33

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 04:36 pm
"In my opinion, most influential game console in history (the N64)"

Full disclosure: The first game console I ever played and owned was a NES.

I would guess that the original NES was the most influential game console in history. Other than Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, all the characters from the other games you mention were either started on the NES or SNES. Super Mario Bros, Contra, Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Final Fantasy... they all started on the NES or were at least brought to home consoles by it. Super Mario Kart and Star Fox were both started on the SNES.

Frankly, there weren't any game consoles before the NES that were so popular and brought video games into so many households. The N64 was just a very good console in a progression of good consoles.

But I suppose I'm biased Wink
0 Replies