The Pianist VS Schindler's List

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 01:38 pm
Both Films About The Holocaust and Both Moving, Sad Films. But Which One Is The Better? Vote here and feel free to leave a comment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,248 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 02:47 pm
Why should anyone have to choose? Can't they both be enjoyed on their own merits?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:57 pm
'Fraid I have to concur. I couldn't pick between these two but I would have to say I'd more likely see "The Pianist" again.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 03:59 am
What a tough call.Both cracking films.One about a guy trying to save himself,the other about a guy,who on the sidelines of a very profitable business,is trying to save as many as he can.I'm not one to sit on the fence,so I voted for Oskar Schindler.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 09:03 am
I too couldn't pick between the two; however, like L.W. if viewing one again I would probably choose "The Pianist". In spite of this it is the scene from "Schindler's List" where the boy is hidden in the filth of the toilet that is one of the most vividly recalled images from any film I have ever seen.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 09:53 am
"The Pianist" is the more poignant of the two for me -- there's no desire to stick one's nose into the filth of the Nazi regime and the meeting of the German officer and the principal character sticks indelibly in my mind in "The Pianist." I may have tried to forget the most excruciatingly depressing parts of "Schindler's List." Still, in years to come I might revisit the film.
0 Replies