What Do u know about Muhammed " The Prophet of Islam " ??

Raul-7

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 08:45 pm
queen annie wrote:
Prophet Lover and Raul-7~

I read your links. I was not totally ignorant nor in the dark (on purpose), but I never turn my nose up at information and a chance to learn. I did learn some new things. Laughing

Here are a couple of websites that offer an intriguing comparison for those who know their God by one name only (and deny the possibility that He has any other name):

Beautiful Names of Allah
OT Names of God

Allah has 99 names; which are adjectives that describe him. The fact is there is only one God, but he has many different names that you may call him by (the links you posted have them all), but they all refer to the same, true, single God. But thanks for taking the time to actually learn! Smile
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 08:57 pm
Raul-7

It's easy to say there's just one god, and it's the one you worship.

It's just as easy for me to say the Flying Spagetti Monster is the one and only god.

How can you prove to yourself (let alone to me) that you are right?

Are you happy to agree that really you don't know but you just hope you are right? That would be a lot more honest of you, and most gods I know value honesty highly.
0 Replies

Prophet Lover

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 09:56 pm
wat's ur religion Eorl !!??
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:09 pm
I have none and need none.
It's all ridiculous superstitious fiction and I can't see why that isn't obvious to everyone.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:35 pm
The 'OT Names of God' is a christian site...

One of each. If I would have had more time, I'd have posted one of a Judaic flavor, but they are a little more technical and Hebrew with discussions regarding Ha Shem.

My intention was to perhaps oil even just one rusty hinge on just one closed and stuck door...

It's all about brotherhood, baby!
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:44 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Allah has 99 names; which are adjectives that describe him. The fact is there is only one God, but he has many different names that you may call him by (the links you posted have them all), but they all refer to the same, true, single God.

I know. :wink:

Quote:
But thanks for taking the time to actually learn! Smile

Actually, this wasn't something I learned--it was something I realized--because it was made clear to my heart.

I don't know a whole lot about your religion--one of the few that I haven't studied. Not because I didn't want to, but because it was not of an intersecting nature, but rather a parallel one. I have often thought of reading the Quran, but I feel certain that the only justifiable committment is one of sincere deep study--and I can't afford another such devotion in my life.

But links such as you guys posted help me to learn without the extensive labor of solitary study.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:17 pm
Islam is more than just a religion. Its a reactionary backward looking and repressive POLITICAL creed which seeks to control every aspect of a persons life. Westerners dont understand it. They think its a religion like any other. Its not. Its subversive and dangerous for modern liberal democracies.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:31 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Islam is more than just a religion. Its a reactionary backward looking and repressive POLITICAL creed which seeks to control every aspect of a persons life. Westerners dont understand it. They think its a religion like any other. Its not. Its subversive and dangerous for modern liberal democracies.

Islam is indeed more than a religion, it's a way of life.

"This day I have perfected your Deen (Complete way of Life, Religion) for you, and completed my favour upon you, have chosen ISLAM as your Deen (way of life)." (Qur'an, Al-Ma'idah 5:3)

Although the truth does hurt, please keep your rants to yourself.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 03:17 pm
Shouldn't any religion/belief system/spiritual creed be a way of life? Instead of something merely claimed for the sake of identity or a once-a-week social ritual?

Regardless of the religion, or what name God is given--if more people made their religion a 'way of life' rather than a political or social concern (or even one of a personal nature) then I daresay things would be a lot more unified and pleasant on our planet.

God IS love. No matter what you call God or even if you don't call God at all--God IS love. We confuse politics and personal endeavors with the will of God in order to justify our own egoistic goals and that's partly what's wrong with our attitude and our society.

A way of life should be a life in the Way.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:56 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

"This day I have perfected your Deen (Complete way of Life, Religion) for you, and completed my favour upon you, have chosen ISLAM as your Deen (way of life)." (Qur'an, Al-Ma'idah 5:3)

Steve's "rants" are as welcome here as yours Raul-7. Where do you get the right to ask him to shut his mouth???
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:16 pm
We can rant?!?

Right on!

I need to go dig one up. They've been festering.

hee hee
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 10:50 pm
Eorl wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Steve's "rants" are as welcome here as yours Raul-7. Where do you get the right to ask him to shut his mouth???

No, you don't see me ranting about gay priests molesting children and then making absurd claims by blaming it on Christianity.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 10:55 pm
Eorl wrote:
I have none and need none.
It's all ridiculous superstitious fiction and I can't see why that isn't obvious to everyone.

Everything, every detail from the atom, the smallest unit of matter, to the galaxies harboring billions of stars, from the moon, an inseparable adjunct of the world, to the solar system, all work in a perfect harmony. Do you not see these signs? Are they by some freak of nature to you?

He Who has created seven heavens in full harmony with one another: no incongruity will you see in the creation of the Most Gracious. And turn your vision (upon it) once more: can you see any flaw? Yea, turn your vision (upon it) again and yet again: (and every time) your vision will fall back upon you, dazzled and truly defeated. (Surat al-Mulk, 3-4)
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:57 pm
In what sense is the universe harmonious?
Define harmony.
Language games.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:57 pm
Raul-7, you rant with the best of 'em. You even copy/paste other peoples rants, like that above.

No, I see no perfect harmony. I see everthing the way it is...because it is what it is. Anything that DIDN'T fit in the universe wouldn't ever come about in the first place would it? It's circular logic, it proves nothing.

Let me demonstrate: how many species are fish are there that can't survive in water? None.
If some had been "created" thousands of years ago, how many would you expect to see alive today? None.
Yet, I'm supposed to be impressed by the fact that every single fish in the sea can survive under water? It proves what exactly?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 12:08 am
Quote:

Let me demonstrate: how many species are fish are there that can't survive in water? None.
If some had been "created" thousands of years ago, how many would you expect to see alive today? None.
Yet, I'm supposed to be impressed by the fact that every single fish in the sea can survive under water? It proves what exactly?

Precisely.
So many theists use this argument for creation.
"It must be designed! if it were one trillionth of a cunthair to the left, it wouldn't work, look at the evidence of design! Look how we fit into the world, water is there for us to drink, air for us to breath, all proof of design!"
The critical problem is the assumption, which is quite ridiculous, that the world is tailored to us and not vice versa. Quite simply, if the universe wasn't the way it is, we wouldn't be here to talk about it. If we as humans didn't fit into and thrive in our environment, we wouldn't be here to talk about it.
Or, as in your example...if the fish couldn't survive in water, it wouldn't be(and isn't) here for us to talk about!
Nothing miraculous, simply plain reality.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 04:56 am
Doktor S wrote:
Quite simply, if the universe wasn't the way it is, we wouldn't be here to talk about it. If we as humans didn't fit into and thrive in our environment, we wouldn't be here to talk about it.
This is the weak anthropic principle. I've forgotten what the strong version refers to exactly. I'll look it up.

I think what infuriates me more than anything esle about Islamists (btw another mine under a bus in Pakistan killed 26 mostly women and children going to a wedding this morning...planted no doubt by jihadists doing the will of Allah)...is their arrogant assumption that they have a monopoly on truth.

We can measure the age of the earth through radioactive decay of certain isotopes. Its a lot older than 6000 years. But of course 6000 is the correct answer because some "Islamic scholar"* has pronounced it so.

*is there a more perfect example of an oxymoron?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:56 am
Re: What Do u know about Muhammed " The Prophet of Isla
Doktor S wrote:
Prophet Lover wrote:

I know that his followers are anti-human death cultists with a penchant to blow things up for their ridiculous faith.
Tha's really all I need to know.

Amen!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:44 am
Will all muslims please read learn and inwardly digest the following

* Weak anthropic principle (WAP): "The observed values of all physical and cosmological quantities are not equally probable but they take on values restricted by the requirement that there exist sites where carbon-based life can evolve and by the requirements that the Universe be old enough for it to have already done so."

* Strong anthropic principle (SAP): "The Universe must have those properties which allow life to develop within it at some stage in its history."

* Final anthropic principle (FAP): "Intelligent information-processing must come into existence in the Universe, and, once it comes into existence, it will never die out."

What did Mohammed say about the anthopic principle?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 03:15 pm
Prophet Lover wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
I think I already know enough, thank you.

so ... Do u know why there are over 1 billion muslims !!

forced breeding an forced conversion by the sword.

islamic woman = baby making machine.

by current trentd of breeding and immigration, europe is in danger of bacomming a muslim majority piece of land by 2050 perhaps earlier.
0 Replies