Public Court Holds Bush Guilty

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:28 pm
Published on Sunday, February 26, 2006 by the Indo-Asian News Service
'Public Court' Holds Bush Guilty of Perpetrating Terrorism

by Hala Jaber

A 'praja court' (public court) here Sunday held US President George W. Bush guilty of "perpetrating terrorism in the name of fighting terrorism and killing people including women and children".

Bush, who is scheduled to visit the Andhra Pradesh capital March 3, the last day of his three-day visit to India, faced charges ranging from war mongering and mass killings to violation of all international charters and aggression against sovereign countries.

A jury comprising retired Supreme Court judge B.S.A. Swamy, human rights activist G. Haragopal and prominent writer-activist Rama Milkote heard the people and upheld eight charges against Bush.

The jury held Bush guilty of "perpetrating terrorism in the name of fighting against terrorism" and "attacking and threatening other countries using the issue of nuclear weapons as a pretext".

Bush was also found to be guilty of human rights violations and large- scale killing of people, including women and children, especially in Afghanistan and Iraq and of creating a sense of insecurity in the world.

"It is a fit case to be tried in the international court of justice," said the jury.

The public hearing on "crimes of George Bush" was held by a coalition of 40 groups including Left parties and their affiliated organisations, human rights and women's groups, and trade unions.

This was the first time that such a public hearing was held n the country against any visiting head of state or government.

A total of 13 people deposed before the jury, which asked the Indian government to call off Bush's visit.

© Copyright 2001-2006 IANS India Private Limited.

Maybe they'll hold Bush hostage. Torture would be too good for him Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 957 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:35 pm
Re: Public Court Holds Bush Guilty
pachelbel wrote:
...Maybe they'll hold Bush hostage. Torture would be too good for him Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing

You have a lot of hatred, but no logic or facts on your side.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:59 pm
I would not waste my time with hatred of Bush; that would require energy that I find useful elsewhere. However, I do loathe the man, as does about 1/2 the American population, so I guess I'm in sync eh?

What facts did you not get in the article? Can you dispute that this court of public opinion in India did not take place?

Let's see some logic and facts on YOUR part, rather than pedantic palaver.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 11:24 pm
pachelbel wrote:
Can you dispute that this court of public opinion in India did not take place?

Well, I held a trial and I found him innocent of all wrongdoing.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:05 am
Really? Even the Christians don't like Bush. Won't you feel lonely standing there alone, waving your little flag?

Published on Saturday, February 25, 2006 by the Inter Press Service
US Christian Leaders Apologize For Iraq War
by Ximena Diego

NEW YORK - Christian leaders from the United States lamented the war in Iraq and apologized for their government's current foreign policy during the 9th Assembly of the World Council of Churches in Porto Alegre, Brazil, which ended Thursday.

Hundreds of people from around the world participate in a march during the 9th Assembly by the World Council of Churches in Porto Alegre, Brazil, on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2006. (AP Photo/Nabor Goulart)

"We lament with special anguish the war in Iraq, launched in deception and violating global norms of justice and human rights," the Very Rev. Leonid Kishkovsky, the moderator of the U.S. Conference for the WCC, told fellow delegates from around the world.

Kishkovsky is the rector of Our Lady of Kazan Church in Sea Cliff, New York, and is an officer in the Orthodox Church of America.

Taking an unusual stand among U.S. Christian leaders, the United States Conference for the World Council of Churches (WCC) criticized Pres. George W. Bush's actions in response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

"We are citizens of a nation that has done much in these years to endanger the human family and to abuse the creation," says the statement endorsed by the most prominent Protestant Christian churches on the Council.

"Our leaders turned a deaf ear to the voices of church leaders throughout our nation and the world, entering into imperial projects that seek to dominate and control for the sake of our own national interests. Nations have been demonized and God has been enlisted in national agendas that are nothing short of idolatrous."

The message, written like a prayer of repentance and backed by the 34 Christian churches that belong to the WCC, mourns those who have died or been injured in the Iraq war and says, "We confess that we have failed to raise a prophetic voice loud enough and persistent enough to deter our leaders from this path of preemptive war."

Among the attendees was the Rev. Bernice Powell-Jackson, North American President of the World Council of Churches. A civil rights activist for more than 25 years, Jackson previously served as executive director of one of the Justice and Witness Ministries predecessor bodies, the Commission for Racial Justice.

The U.S. Conference of the WCC also criticized the government's position on global warming. "The rivers, oceans, lakes, rainforests, and wetlands that sustain us, even the air we breathe continue to be violated... Yet our own country refuses to acknowledge its complicity and rejects multilateral agreements aimed at reversing disastrous trends," reads the message.

Earlier this month, a group of more than 85 U.S. evangelical Christian leaders called on Congress to enact legislation that would reduce emissions of greenhouse gases, which most scientists believe contribute to global warming.

The U.S. Conference of the WCC message also said, "Starvation, the HIV/AIDS pandemic, the treatable diseases that go untreated indict us, revealing the grim features of global economic injustice we have too often failed to acknowledge or confront."

"Hurricane Katrina," it continues, "revealed to the world those left behind in our own nation by the rupture of our social contract. As a nation we have refused to confront the racism that infects our policies around the world."

The statement comes days after the National Council of Churches (NCC), the United States chapter of the WCC, endorsed a U.N. report on the situation of detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba.

Separately, in a letter addressed to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, NCC General Secretary Robert W. Edgar called on the U.S. to bring the detainees to trial, release them, or to "close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility without further delay". It also asked Rice for access to the Guantanamo facility "to monitor the physical, spiritual and mental conditions of the detainees".

At the Brazilian conference, the Rev. John Thomas, president of United Church of Christ, was quoted as saying: "An emerging theme in conversation with our partners around the world is that the U.S. is being perceived as a dangerous nation."

He called the Assembly "a unique opportunity to make this statement to all our colleagues" in the ecumenical movement. The statement says, "We come to you seeking to be partners in the search for unity and justice."

Thomas acknowledged that not all church members would agree with the thrust of the statement, but said it was their responsibility as leaders to "speak a prophetic and pastoral word as we believe God is offering it to us".

The final WCC event featured a candlelit march for peace through downtown Porto Alegre with up to 2,000 people -- including two Nobel Prize-winners -- taking part.

Organized by local churches as part of the World Council of Churches' Decade to Overcome Violence, it was accompanied by Latin American music from Xico Esvael and Victor Heredia. Young people carried banners highlighting peace and justice issues. One, depicting the world held in God's hand, read "Let God change you first, then you will transform the world."

WCC president Powell-Jackson urged the crowd to commit themselves to overcoming violence. Prawate Khid-arn of the Christian Conference of Asia told them, "If we do not take the risk of peace, we will have to take the risk of war."

Israel Batista of the Latin American Council of Churches spoke of poverty, injustice and abuse of women and children and asked, "How are we to speak of peace?" Still, he said, "In spite of violence, we will persist in the struggle for peace."

After an address by Julia Qusibert, a Bolivian indigenous Christian, the marchers sang the Samba of the Struggle for Peace and the Taizé chant Ubi Caritas, among other songs. The march paused while Nobel prize-winner Adolfo Pérez Esquivel improvised a poem and addressed the crowd at the Esquina Democrática or Democratic Corner.

The evening was brought to a climax with an address by the second Nobel Prize-winner, Archbishop Desmond Tutu. He began his impassioned speech by saying, "We have an extraordinary God. God is a mighty God, but this God needs you. When someone is hungry, bread doesn't come down from heaven. When God wants to feed the hungry, you and I must feed the hungry. And now God wants peace in the world."

The WCC is the largest Christian ecumenical organization, comprised of 340 Christian denominations and churches in 120 countries, and said to represent 550 million Christians throughout the world. The U.S. Conference of the World Council of Churches alone represents 34 Christian churches, including Orthodox, Evangelical, Lutheran and Anglican churches, and four million members throughout the country.

The Roman Catholic Church is not a member of the WCC but has worked closely with the Council in the past. Since its origins in 1948, the WCC gathers in an Assembly every seven years with each member church sending a delegate.

© Copyright 2006 IPS - Inter Press Service

But hey, too much for you to read, I know - a bit longer than those comic books you read.
I guess God DOESN'T talk to Georgie, eh? Smile Maybe it's the guy with the horns and tail? Smile
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 02:07 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
pachelbel wrote:

Laughing
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 10:27 pm
oralloy wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
pachelbel wrote:

Laughing

yeah, hahahaha Laughing your leader is a jerk, a liar, and has caused terrorism to actually spread in the world. Good work, Bushie.

Are you blind, deaf and dumb to what Bush et al are really doing in Iraq? I suppose you think the Iraqis were responsible for Sept. 11, too?

Another American in DEEP DENIAL.

Even the Christians are starting to catch on. Now, it's just those born agains, but surely they'll come around eventually. No one likes to be on the losing team Smile loser.

Too bad that all you can come up with is your stupid one liner with no evidence to the contrary of Bush's unpopularity in the world and his insane decision to invade a country that had done nothing to America.

Now, send me some proof that your village idiot president is well liked in the world and that the Christians support him. Or shut up.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 11:58 pm
pachelbel wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
pachelbel wrote:

Laughing

yeah, hahahaha Laughing your leader is a jerk, a liar, and has caused terrorism to actually spread in the world. Good work, Bushie.

I just held a trial for Bush too. The result was a hung jury on the charges of Crimes Against Peace. Not guilty on all other charges.

The prosecutor declined to retry on the charge of Crimes Against Peace, so I guess Bush is innocent.

pachelbel wrote:
Another American in DEEP DENIAL.

This'll probably be a good way to bomb other countries in the future:

http://www.atk.com/AdvancedWeaponSystems/advanceweaponsystems_globalstrike.asp

(IMO)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:16 am
pachelbel wrote:

...Now, send me some proof that your village idiot president is well liked in the world and that the Christians support him. Or shut up.

I only claim that he has mostly done the right thing in the world. People who do that are not always popular.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:22 am
Yes.
Killing Iraqis was right.
Even though it was SAUDI ARABIANS who flew the jets into the towers. No Iraqis.
Even though Bush knew about the planes BEFORE 9/11. And did nada.
Even though he's started a 'war on terror' (bit of an oxymoron there- eh) Created more terror in the world as a result, and another Vietnam.
Yeah, he's your man, alright. Rolling Eyes
I can only say your brain size must equal his.
Nothing that idiot says has ever made sense. Is he drunk or doped up, or just a dope?
I'd really like to know.
For a laugh, go to politicalhumor.about.com where you will see Bush's intelligent comments posted. Should put you in stitches laughing.
The leader of the 'free world', my oh my. Shocked
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:41 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
pachelbel wrote:

...Now, send me some proof that your village idiot president is well liked in the world and that the Christians support him. Or shut up.

I only claim that he has mostly done the right thing in the world. People who do that are not always popular.

DUH, here's your man!Great British Laughing

Rolling Eyes

DUH, yeah!

Is he joking? Shocked

"You took an oath to defend our flag and our freedom, and you kept that oath underseas This stupid comment ought to make soldiers EVERYWHERE PROUD!

" Rolling Eyes

0 Replies