Paintball

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 07:58 pm
Paintball is a fast and growing sport. Many people may think that paintball is the most dangerous sport and you can get killed easily. This is a common misconception, as a matter of fact paintball is safer the golf, hockey, football, lacrosse, soccor and even bowling. Paintball is very exciting and i have personal experience with the sport. So if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you for reading.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,646 • Replies: 20
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:02 pm
I appreciate you thanking me for reading your stuff.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:09 pm
How in the hell do you get killed by a paitball?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:11 pm
Take one right in the eye from 3 inches away. That might do the trick.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:13 pm
Freeze them. Twisted Evil

Not sure if they would kill you but they sure sting. My friends are a**holes.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:17 pm
I wonder what would happen if I unloaded a whole clip in my as$?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:19 pm
Colorful crap?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:22 pm
A modern art masterpiece.I thought of it first!

Sorry bond. Yes, paintball, my friend has five guns and I need to get back in shape. Do you recommend it for excersise
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:13 pm
Yes i would recomend it for excersise. Because you are constantly running around trying not to get shot. Paintball also teaches you important life skills like teamwork, responsibilty, and communication. so yes i would highly recomend it.
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:15 pm
you can also get broken bones in your hand from a paintball shot. My gun goes a max of 300 feet per second or 200mph!!! So that would break several bones in your hand. and if you get shot in the face from any distance you could go blind or die.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:57 pm
bond77770 wrote:
you can also get broken bones in your hand from a paintball shot. My gun goes a max of 300 feet per second or 200mph!!! So that would break several bones in your hand. and if you get shot in the face from any distance you could go blind or die.

That seems to contradict your claim that it is safer than golf, soccer, and bowling.

Can't remember the last time someone died or went blind from bowling, even bowling in private.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 04:27 pm
I think there's a slight bit of exaggeration here.

Firstly, most paintball fields clock your gun before you go onto the field. I believe the acceptable range is 230 - 260 fps.

Secondly, while you it is possible, I suppose, to get a broken hand from a paintball round you'd have to be a real puss or have some sort of degenerating bone disease for that to be a real worry.

And if you get shot from ANY distance in the face while playing and you're not wearing a mask you deserve to go blind.

The sport will leave welts and bruises. Every so often a glancing shot to the head can make someone see stars or pass out, but it's mostly safe. I rather enjoy it myself.
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 06:14 pm
I agree with you questioner but this is no exaggeration. When I got my Paintball gun it said on the side of the box that "broken bones can occor when shot with a paintball round at a speed of 300fps." Or something like that. And as for parados's question. I myself have never heard of broken bones sevear injury from paintball. Yes I know i said that my paintball gun can break bones but i have heard of people die while golfing, i have heard of injury from bowling but yet i have never heard of or seen a bad enough injury for someone to go to the hospital from paintball.
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:34 pm
Camofloge, is possiably the most key factor of your success in the game of paintball. Because if you walk around with bright red, yellow shirts, you are obviously not very camofloged. If you are wearing clothing that matchs your enviroment, you will survive for longer then no camo. You could get normal traditional camo from a hunting store for around 100-180$

There is also a type of camo called a ghillie suit. This is the type of camo that Navy Seal snipers use. Its the best type of camo you could ever get. It matchs your enviroment very very well as it has fake branchs, leaves and grass all over it. That type of camo you can get for well over $300!!!

The type of camo I am getting to greatly improve my paintball game is the ghillie suit. I am getting it off of www.ebay.com I bought it for around $100. Which is very good compared to the price tag of $300 that you would find at a hunting store.

If you want to greatly improve your paintball game, a good idea would be to get some camo, or better yet a ghillie suit. I will be adding in more things on how to improve your paintball in a few days. Thank You.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 12:47 am
you must have a weak MARKER if it has a max velocity of 300fps i can turn my gun up to 415fps

and as for the other thread most parks limit you at 287fps to play. at a tournament its 305 so you better bring your a game.

and for the last thred even if your wearing a guhillies suit it just depends on how good of a player you are. because i guarntee you unless your a dead on shot (which is almost impossible with a paintball marker) you better hit me wiht the first shot cuz if you dont hit me and give up your position your done.

I have been playing for three years and ive played with all types of markers and on all types of fields and it is the greatest game on the planet!
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:40 pm
wow 415fps!!!! that is pretty fast. But my marker is not WEAK as 300fps is the normal velocity for most paintball guns. If you have a ghillie suit, like i said in my thread it WILL improve your game. (unless your impatient and you move around alot.)

Say that I was hiding in a massive field, and you were walking along the edge of the field. Since I was so well blended in with the field, you could walk very close to me before you see me. Once you are about 10-18 feet away I would take my shot. I would make it because I have very good aim.

Now if I was 50 feet away. I take my shot and I miss. You hear the shot and you would start quickly searching the field because you don't want to get shot. If you are searching for me very quickly you could easily miss me. I doubt you could find me quickly. By the time you found me I could have taken over 100 shots at you. I do agree with you that paintball is the greatest game on the planet. Thank you.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:42 pm
so what type of marker do you have? and do you have any problems playing in cold weather with it?
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:56 pm
I have a genesis surge 2. I have no problems playing in cold weather. My marker is also camo green. What marker do you have?
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 08:01 pm
marker 1: smart parts ion hot pink
marker 2: spyder electra 05 rocking trigger blue fade
marker 3: pyshoballistics auto cocker black
marker 4: spyder shutter metallic blue

all of them are upgraded with way to much to list
0 Replies

bond77770

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 08:07 pm
Thoses are some pretty good markers. Do you think they are the best in the buisness?
0 Replies