error message: unable to access jarfile server.jar

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 06:30 pm
i have this medical book CD that i want to run.

i think that i was able to run the CD without any problems a while back. but just for the last few days, i got this error message:

java virtual machine launcher

"unable to access jarfile server.jar."

i tried to use the lavasoft to delete those spywares. after that, i still get the same error message, i wonder why?

i reinstalled java. i still get the same error message. so what can i do now> i don't want to reinstall the whole computer programs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,684 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 08:43 pm
Aren't you the same guy that has the Toshiba laptop that keeps rebooting itself?
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:08 pm
yes. same guy
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:12 pm
I suggest you completely uninstall Java Virtual Machine (probably shown in Add/Remove Programs as "J2SE Runtime Environment xxxx, where "xxxx" will be version and update number), then locate and delete the parent folder (probably "C:\Program Files\Java", reboot, visit Java.Com: Download Virtual Machine, and download and install the current version.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:17 pm
I suggest you completely uninstall Java Virtual Machine (probably shown in Add/Remove Programs as "J2SE Runtime Environment xxxx, where "xxxx" will be version and update number), then locate and delete the parent folder (probably "C:\Program Files\Java", reboot, visit Java.Com: Download Virtual Machine, and download and install the current version.

Oh. Never mind, I see Timber has given the same advice.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 11:17 pm
Maybe server.jar was spyware, and you deleted the file, but not the spyware registry entry that looks for it.

BTW, jar files are like Java's version of ZIP files except that you can run the programs in them without unzipping (unjarring).
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 02:55 pm
Gimme a little help here, youngman. Can you tell me specifically what "spywares" you "deleted" with Ad-Aware, and how did you delete them?

If you open Ad-Aware SE, then click the Padlock icon, you'll open the Quarantine Log. Once there, locate and select the log matching the date you think you removed the relevant "spywares". Cick the "Item Log" button to open the log, then click "Save" in the dialogue box that opens. Type a name for the log in the "Save As" dialog that pops up, then click "Close" and exit Ad-Aware SE. Now, using Windows Explorer, (WINDOWS key + "E"), navigate to C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal, locate the logfile you just saved, copy it to your clipboard, and post it here. Mebbe I can figure out something for you, mebbe not, but its worth a try.
0 Replies