500 PHD-level scientists who refuse to buy into evo-loserism

raprap

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:24 am
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 06:39 am
As I noted, those were the three possibilities which come to mind without too much difficulty; there could be others.

The one explanation which is totally ruled out by the evidence is that of modern man evolving on this planet; you'd have to produce some newer hominid for us to have evolved FROM and, as I noted, the works and remains of such a closer hominid would be very easy to find had he ever existed.

If you want to believe that modern man evolved, you have to believe he did it on some planet other than this one.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:39 am
gungasnake wrote:
If you want to believe that modern man evolved, you have to believe he did it on some planet other than this one.

Ridiculous. Humans as well as all other complex organisms on this planet are so well matched to their environment that it's blindingly obvious that they evolved right here.

It would be more likely to believe that the entire planet was moved from orbit around a different G type star and placed into orbit around Sol.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 12:41 pm
ros-

There's no problem with the human body evolving.It's the mind-the soul-the spirit.Without that we wouldn't be discussing it.If we were well fed and watered and had had a good sleep we would be getting our bling on and off hunting in the jungle for a bit of rumpy-pumpy.We wouldn't be discussing this **** if we had no mind.

So how did mind evolve out of that amazing range of life forms with !Qs of 0.000001 at best.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:30 pm
spendius wrote:
ros-

There's no problem with the human body evolving.It's the mind-the soul-the spirit.Without that we wouldn't be discussing it.If we were well fed and watered and had had a good sleep we would be getting our bling on and off hunting in the jungle for a bit of rumpy-pumpy.We wouldn't be discussing this **** if we had no mind.

So how did mind evolve out of that amazing range of life forms with !Qs of 0.000001 at best.

Fodder for a new thread. Feel free to start it.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:54 pm
Anthropology and fossil records indicate that H. sapiens neanderthalensis made tools, performed the graphic arts, buried their dead with some sort of ritual, and had a flute capable of (at least) four notes on a diatonic scale Physiology also indicates that they were as capable of an oral language similar to H sapiens sapiens. Evident technology indicated that an oral language was necessary.

Although shorter than H. S. S. their brain was larger (on average) and they were more massively muscled.

I don't know about you, but H.S.N. sound pretty capable of ownership of some form of soulship.

An interesting part of the debate between the niche conflict between H.S.N & H.S.S. about 35,000 years ago is whether H.S.N. died out, or their genes were diluted and absorbed into a larger H.S.S. population.

Neanderthal

Rap
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 04:00 pm
OK first of all there has been more intermediates than just one. I am becoming increasingly suspicious that gungasnake is just arguing for the fun of it and does not actually believe what he is saying. The sheer insanity and drivel he procures from his mind with minimal or nil effort does make you wonder if he himself does in fact belong to HSS or somekind of pre-HSS intermediate.
Like i said there were more than one intermediate, "do your reading" as you say.
Lol, n what did spendius just say? Im not sure exactly but in scientific terms he is wrong because intelligence is not linear with "species position". An ape would have an equivalent human IQ of 0.whatever, but a human has an IQ of 100.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 04:02 pm
RaceDriver205 wrote:
OK first of all there has been more intermediates than just one. I am becoming increasingly suspicious that gungasnake is just arguing for the fun of it and does not actually believe what he is saying.

Gunga is always colorful, but rarely sane.
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 04:05 pm
gungasnake wrote:

k, so evolution of humans is possible providing they get in a spaceship and go to the planet zog. And then come back.
Ah
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 04:18 pm
Racedriver wrote-

Quote:
. An ape would have an equivalent human IQ of 0.whatever, but a human has an IQ of 100.

I'm not sure that's strictly true.If you could measure IQ of apes the average would be 100 on the ape scale.A different scale.An 140ape can probably fart whilst rolling its eyes and chattering its teeth whereas an average ape (100a) can probably has to choose when farting.I'll leave you to work out what a 60a ape can do.

On the other hand I can do all three whilst playing a tricky 6 no trumps contract and footsie under the table with North.Easy.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:38 pm
She's also smart enough not to go out in the public areas, since the hairless monkeys seem to get a little panicky when she goes out among them even though they doesn't have anything to worry about. She is a bonobo after all. But the get disturbed and is distresses her so she remains in the service areas playing jokes on the keepers---she also likes to laugh and play practical jokes.

Don't undersell bonobos, gorillas either--they might be watching you. Chimpanzees--our closest genetic cousins; however, are dangerous--never never never turn your back on a chimpanzee.

Rap
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:59 pm
Thanks rap-I'll keep it in mind.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 06:37 pm
OOpps left off the intro--what a dumb monkey I am

Spendius Can you pick locks? There's a female bonobo at the Cincinnati zoo that does. She is so good that the keepers have given up trying.

Rap
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 06:51 pm
raprap wrote:
Quote:
Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory
August 17, 2005
Onion

<big grin>
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 06:54 pm
It's a serious issue nimh.Not something to jest about.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 06:57 pm
rap wrote-

Quote:
Spendius Can you pick locks? There's a female bonobo at the Cincinnati zoo that does. She is so good that the keepers have given up trying.

It's a trick rap to get the keepers interviewed on the daft item at the end of the News so you can all pass on smiling.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:46 pm
Spendius

My son was one of her keepers. She liked him and would give him fruit from the animal commissary, but only if he'd play along with her jokes.

Although she didn't speak English, he said she could make her wishes known as well as many humans on the other side of the barriers.

He no longer works at the Cincinnati Zoo, although he still works at a zoo---his professional and knowledgeable opinion is don't sell animal intelligence short--in many cases they know and see a lot more than you.

For more information on non-human primate intelligence you might want to peruse Bonobo in general and the amazing story of Kanzi.

Rap
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:51 pm
spendius wrote:
It's a serious issue nimh.Not something to jest about.

Quote:
It is the test of a good religion whether you can joke about it.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Rap
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:20 pm
spendius, read it again: "equivalent HUMAN IQ" not ape IQ therefore is "strictly true"
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:35 pm
My god, i just read that intelligent falling article.
Their insane, they are absolutely mind-bogglingly INSANE.
If I go to an insane asylum and I say "there is no such thing as gravitational force", and then pull out some kind of book about the flying spagetti monster and then say. "This book proves that the spagetti monster pulls things down to earth with its infinite invisible noodley arms, coz it sez so", im going to be locked away for a long time.
The same should apply to these "evangelical """physisists"""". You can call yourself a revererand a priest a follower of god or whatever but to be a physisist you actually have to know about physics.
Oh yeah, thats what we want, to go back to the stoneage where it is taught that the earth is flat and stuff like that.
"where science ends religon begins"
0 Replies