Website concept

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 05:27 pm
Hello experts;

I've been asked to design a "concept" for a website of a newly opened "recruiting" company. Concept i.e the site map and its contents, in addition to the text in the website's sections. In addition to the name of the company and the slogan.

First of all, could you redefine the term 'concept' in case I defined it incorrectly? Is it correct as I mentioned it above?

Second, what should I include in it? i.e what are the standard sections that a recruiting company might have in its website? To give you a better idea, this company invites employees to submit their CVs online, and it cooperates with employers, providing them with their requests for CVs from their database. This is the standard kind of service a recruiting company would provide. Do you think something additional should be included to make this company stand out among its competitors?

But basically I want to know :
What should be included in the site map (sections)
How should it be presented properly (design)
The content of the sections (what kind of language, tone, vocab, terminology should I be using)
Ideas about the company's name and slogan

Big thanks for your valuable advice!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,029 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 05:35 pm
Hey vonderjohn!

At my job I've had to come up with numerous 'web concepts' for potential clients. In every instance the client wanted to essentially see the following:

1) What the website will look like first and foremost. They appeared to be largely more concerned with the way the site would look as opposed to how it would actually be laid out.

2) How we would solve any particular problem they brought up. IE: if the client wished for a quick and easy way to pass large files back and forth utilizing the website then I would show a 'screenshot' of that portion and a description of how it would work.

3) A basic sitemap. By basic I mean B.A.S.I.C. The reason for doing this is two-fold. a) It allows me to get a good sense of how this site will lay, which helps me make certain i've covered all bases. b) It gives the client something to help get their juices flowing. Getting info from a client can be excruciating to say the least. Providing them with a temporary layout of their site will typically push them to expand upon what they want, and give them a roadmap to aid them in doing so.

Are you presenting this in person to a room of people, or will you be packing this up and emailing it to the client?
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:49 pm
Questioner.

Thank you for the very valuable advise.

Well..i'll be presenting this to 3 people:

1) The graphic designer (to design the graphics of the website based on my concept)

2) The webmaster (to program the website and run it..etc)

3) My client

My client is starting a new recruitment company in the middle east region. There are 2 other major companies in that field and he wants to compete with them properly. He needs to be able to see through the concept that he will be able to compete. i.e he needs a concept which provides something NEW to the employer and job seeker and would offer something ADDITIONAL from what the other companies are providing. This also has to be shown in my concept.

I'm thinking of how to provide a better service for the job seeker and the employer that would give them both a good reason to choose this company besides all the others.

P.S: Can you give me a better idea about what exactly is website "copywriting" ? thanks
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:51 pm
I'd be interested in hearing what your concepts are once you've gotten them in order.

As for copywriting websites, you may copyright just about anything content-wise, getting a copyright for a specific 'function' of the website may be a bit more difficult. It really depends upon how you've solved the problem you're working on.

Website copyrighting is really little different than any other form of copyright. If you've got a unique concept with a unique solution you can copyright them the same way you would any other invention.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 11:30 pm
Is it ok if I e-mail you about it?
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 12:55 am
site map
Ok guys, below is my first step: A site map for the recruiting company. Let me know what you think of its sections, with remarks on the quality of what's offered and what should be added/removed/changed possibly. Note that the company is still new and wants to compete soon.

About Us
|
Who are we?
Mission and Vision
Experience
Partners
Join the team

Job Seekers
|
Job search
Submit your CV
Create your profile
Career guidance
|
CV writing
Interviewing
Changing careers
Networking
Searching Tips
Discuss
…more

Internships and Training
|
Companies
NGOs

Links
|
Our partners
Top companies
Business related

Employers
|
Submit job offer
Search profiles
Create Profile
Our top choices
Available trainees
Become a partner
Advertise

Contact us
|
Fax or Phone
Post mail
Your feedback
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 08:43 am
so what do you guys think?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:50 pm
Sorry to be getting back to you so late. I imagine you already did the presentation, how'd it go?
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 10:43 am
Right time!
Questionner... No you did not come in late! Actually you came in the very right time!!

The presentation has been postponed many times, and its last deadline is on Monday!

So yes..its the right time!

I sent you an e-mail about my proposal and asked for your advise...but I got nothing back from you. I tried sending you a PM but I couldn't since you were an admin. So now I appreciate if you could give me feedback on the abovementioned structure which I put in this thread. I hope you'll have a reply this time.

Big thanks once again!
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 06:43 am
You still there Questionner?
0 Replies