Submitting A Concept to Industry

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 03:10 pm
Okay, here's the deal. I think I have a BOMB concept for a RPG (role-playing video game). I would like very much to develop this concept as far as possible and then submit its details to the industry.

My question is, anyone have any idea how this might be done?

I don't really know jack about computers or software or anything like that, and I can't draw worth a lick either, so the data I would be sharing would have to be text only.

Is this possible? Do companies accept things like that - work with the public in this way? Anyone know of anyone who tried something like this?

The thing is, of course, I'm not going to write some monster description of a 20-30 hour game only to learn the effort is totally useless.

Thoughts? Ideas? Experience?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,029 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 06:54 am
I suppose there's some way to do this, it seems akin to an unsolicited book manuscript going to a publisher. Have you tried contacting Microsoft, Rock Star Games, etc. and asking if there is any sort of a submission process/acceptance/solicitation? Just a general question to them, or two, you probably don't have to talk at all about your concept (and it will likely be better if you don't). Maybe their R & D dept or engineering, those would be the ones I would ask.
0 Replies