Circumcision battle lands parents of 8 year-old in US court

Chai

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 01:43 pm
very interesting site joe.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 04:47 am
Little boys need to learn how to clean themselves. If he's still having that problem at 8, he should be taught how to handle a washcloth and clean himself, not scheduled for surgery! Can you imagine that approach on fingernails! Shocked
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:14 am
BBB
I have a possible stupid but sincere question.

Given that evolution usually provides for the survival of the fittest re health and adaptation, why do penises continue to have foreskin if it is a medical problem.

Why would men not evolve into having penises without forskin if it improved their survival and reproduction?

BBB
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:34 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
I have a possible stupid but sincere question.

Given that evolution usually provides for the survival of the fittest re health and adaptation, why do penises continue to have foreskin if it is a medical problem.

Why would men not evolve into having penises without forskin if it improved their survival and reproduction?

BBB

Well, since evolution doesn't have a purpose, I suppose it could lead to that, or, mens penis's might start rotting off, and we would become extinct.

MWAAAA HA HA!

Or, somewhere in between.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:34 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Well, we still have appendixes (appendices?), and they are even more useless and more prone to serious medical problems than foreskins. Evolution can't be counted on to take care of all the problems.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:48 am
Joe
joefromchicago wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Well, we still have appendixes (appendices?), and they are even more useless and more prone to serious medical problems than foreskins. Evolution can't be counted on to take care of all the problems.

Scientists report that appendixes are growing smaller and will eventually disappear from the human body. Possible same outcome for little toes and pinky fingers.

I don't think men are in danger of losing their penises due to smaller sizes. After all, men are doing everything possible to enlarge their penises in illusion if not in fact. :wink:

BBB
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 01:05 pm
Re: Joe
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Scientists report that appendixes are growing smaller and will eventually disappear from the human body. Possible same outcome for little toes and pinky fingers.

I find that difficult to believe. Any links?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:20 am
I need my pinkie fingers. They tell me when my hand is getting too close to the table saw.

On the other hand, think how much time I would save only having to clean eight fingernails!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:20 am
<Looks thoughtfully at the table saw...>
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:30 am
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:43 am
BBB: thanks for the links, but they don't say anything about the appendix disappearing.

Also, it would be a great boon to some of us if you would not copy-and-paste long urls that stretch our computer screens, making it difficult to read not only your posts but every other post on the page.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 10:12 am
Joe
joefromchicago wrote:
BBB: thanks for the links, but they don't say anything about the appendix disappearing.
Also, it would be a great boon to some of us if you would not copy-and-paste long urls that stretch our computer screens, making it difficult to read not only your posts but every other post on the page.

Sorry Joe, didn't notice that long URL and can't edit it once a response has been posted.

Regarding the appendix:

Appendix disappearing?

BBB
0 Replies