The Philosophy of the Edenic Faith

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 08:01 am
spendius wrote:

"A return flight from London to Miami generates more carbon dioxide,per passenger,than a small car does in a year."
And as much energy is expended in flying a 747 load of tourists from Florida to Egypt to see the Great Pyramid of Cheops as it took to build the damn thing in the first place. Still not to worry, plenty more kerosene where that came from eh?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:20 pm
And it's only a pile of old stones covered in long dried bloodstains of thousands of poor sods who had the misfortune to be born,a consequence of conception,in the wrong place at the....I don't suppose there's a right time to be born in Egypt.Or it's the right place either.

Have you read Ancient Evenings Steve.It is supposed to be a distillation of some monumental research.Like Salammbo in that respect.

Neither scene is very Edenic in my view.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 03:28 pm
No not read it.

Not red much atol

does it show?

Are you considering fouding a reformed Edenic religion?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 04:24 pm
No. I gave up founding things at a very early age.
I'm more a rolling stone and I'm just about to roll off to the pub as I've just found a raging thirst.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 04:33 pm
farmerman wrote:
Martin Luther didnt whack away at the doors , he nailed his theses upon them.

There was a fantastic graphic illustration in National Lampoon many, many moons ago (when it was still new and funny) which showed Martin Luther nailing his ninety-five feces to the door of the cathedral. Given his scatalogical obsessions, it was very apposite, as well.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 04:41 pm
Re: Nahushtan Responds
Nahushtan Bar Eden,

I want to join! What must I do?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 05:56 pm
Roll your left leg pant up to just above your knee,do two backward somersaults and say three times in a chanting rhythm-"I am a very silly cuttlefish".It's as easy as that Chummie.
0 Replies