Problem with saving documentsi n Word 2000

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:35 am
I use XP and Word 2000. Sometimes when I save a document, especially if it is a revision of something, it appears in the Save list as having a tilde and a dollar sign instead of the first one or two letters of the title, e.g. ~$iver Twist. Then when I click to open it, it appears as a complete view including space indicators, of my name and address, and the left column that describes the item says Attributes: Hidden

This has previously happened very occasionally, but it happened yesterday every time I tried to save and then reopen a series of revisions of an entire sequence of 13 separate documents.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't think how to look this up in my Word reference books., so I'd appreceiate any help you can give me.

Confused Confused Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 405 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:38 am
When I say "left column" I'm referring to the column that appears when I click on an item saved in a specific folder.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:40 am
is the original doc that you "saved as" still there as a separated doc?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:55 am
Yes.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 09:49 am
when I make major changes, I always resave "as" and after opening and backing up, I delete the original. It may just be confused.
How about if you do the same. I use Word Perfect more than Word because its so much more intuitive and doesnt have alot of double and triple clicking to do something simple.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 10:50 am
I always delete the second most recent so that there is one backup plus the new one.
0 Replies