"If the world was blind, it would be free of hate"

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 04:37 pm
Herberts,

Just so you know, it has NOT ONE SINGLE THING to do with whether I am religious or not religious.

It has everything to do with treating people with common decency and respect and not projecting the acts of others upon someone who doesn't even agree with those acts.
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 04:41 pm
What the heck's the topic here anyway... ? 'If the world was blind there wouldn't be any hate'... http://www.politicalcrossfire.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

What a dangerous and utterly barbaric concept. This proposition bears a certain parallel with the practice in some cultures whereby an errant daughter will have acid thrown in her face - or will even be killed by her brothers at the behest of the father - all upon the premise that now that she is so ugly - or so dead - this will ensure she no longer will be the object of lustful attention from strange men with whom she has been caught flirting...

Cool
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 04:48 pm
Hang in there, MA. By comparison, you're beginning to look like the average A2Ker. I'm SO glad you stuck around.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 04:57 pm
Okay, let's see, on topic:

If we were all blind, someone would hate us for the way we sound.

If we were all deaf, someone would hate us for the way we feel to the touch.

If we all could not touch, someone would hate us for..............I think you get the point.

As long as there is always someone that has to believe they are right and someone else is wrong, there will be hate.

As long as we all have egos, there will be hate.

As long as anyone judges anyone there will be hate.

Until each of us can look only at ourselves and what it is we are doing, saying, etc., there will be hate in this world.

JLNobody,

How are you! Good to see you! Thanx for the compliment and I'm glad I stuck around too!
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:03 pm
momma Angel... what part of "I-am-a-Muslim"[/i] do you not understand... ?

'I-am-a-Muslim"[/i] is a highly-charged political, religious, cultural, and even nationalistic statement that one is making about one's psychology and belief-system -- and for you to say that this proclaimed alien identity should be ignored and overlooked as though it were NOT a ton of baggage that is inimical to secular Western culture - is a case of pure, unadulterated, naivist obscurantism on your part.

Your protests and objections to what I have been saying comes from a position of politically correct ignorance that will eventually lose Western nations their Judeo-Christian heritage. The Islamic invasion of Western nations has become such a threat to the future viability of Western culture that even the new Pope thought it important enough to express his alarm in his inaugural address to the faithful.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:05 pm
herberts wrote:
What the heck's the topic here anyway... ? 'If the world was blind there wouldn't be any hate'... http://www.politicalcrossfire.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

What a dangerous and utterly barbaric concept. This proposition bears a certain parallel with the practice in some cultures whereby an errant daughter will have acid thrown in her face - or will even be killed by her brothers at the behest of the father - all upon the premise that now that she is so ugly - or so dead - this will ensure she no longer will be the object of lustful attention from strange men with whom she has been caught flirting...

Cool

Well, while it's weirdly exaggerated, that's basically what I was saying. Why would we WANT things to be utterly homogenous?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:07 pm
MA, you say: "As long as we all have egos, there will be hate."
Don't want to startle you, but that is a very Buddhist principle. To realize the illusory nature of ego is to be filled with compassion.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:13 pm
herbert,

What part of "it doesn't matter if you are a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Christian, or a friggin circus clown that YOU don't understand?"

No one should treat another person in a particular offensie manner! Period!

You are a Muslim on this thread seemingly advocating the very image of what so many have about Muslims while on another thread another Muslim has done nothing to offend, ridicule, upset, deny, etc. Now, why is that? Why would I listen to you about Islam and not him? Why would I gravitate toward a Muslim who obviously seems to have, at the very least, a temper and an obvious disrespect for other peopleand their opions and beliefs because they differ from yours, when I can go talk to another Muslim who shows kindness and understanding?

So, just which Allah am I am others supposed to understand?

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:14 pm
JLNobody,

LOL. Well, I have heard that other religions do have some things in common with Christianity. Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:17 pm
JLNobody...
Quote:
Hang in there, MA. By comparison, you're beginning to look like the average A2Ker. I'm SO glad you stuck around.

momma Angel is a star. We're not singing from the same hymn book but I respect the fact that she honestly believes she's scoring points for Christian Tolerance and Decency with her diatribes against my satanic pronouncements... Laughing

And yes - I feel a certain protective instinct towards momma Angel for being my dancing partner in this little danse macabre over the issue of the Islamic ascendancy in Judeo-Christian Western nations. Ironic isn't it that my own devilish self is defending her Christian faith - while she herself has mounted the barricades in defence of Islam having the opportunity to eventually predominate in Western society...

Is there a psychiatrist in the house please... ? Hellooo... ? Paging Dr Schickelgruber... ? Doctor Schickelgruber, please... ?

Laughing
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:26 pm
JLNobody...
Quote:
MA, you say: "As long as we all have egos, there will be hate."
Don't want to startle you, but that is a very Buddhist principle. To realize the illusory nature of ego is to be filled with compassion.

Oh noooooo.... that's just so sickening!! Laughing

Here, JL - you and momma should do a 'Yoko Ono and Lennon' sometime...

http://www.canoe.qc.ca/StValentinImages/lennon_ono.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:31 pm
herberts,

You have absolutely no clue as to what I have been trying to get across to you, do you? Absolutely none whatsoever. It has nothing to do with religion, herberts. It has to do with people treating people with respect.

I threw in the other part about the other Muslim and the way they were acting hoping you might understand what I was saying about your actions.

JLN, I'd dance with you any day. :wink:
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 06:17 pm
Momma Angel - you're all about Flower Power, and incense-burning, and Jumping-for-Jesus feel-good evangelical Christian euphoria. Unrealistic and purposefully naive so as not to have to deal with any nasty realities.

And while you're in the raptures of kumbayah-ing, and rattling your tamborine, and Loving Your Neighbour, blowing kisses to the ghetto-dwellers down the road -- it is more sober and realistic mentalities who have to make the effort to recognise the enemy, and go mount guard at the city gates to ensure you and your fellow wishful-thinking daydreamers sleep safely in your beds at night.
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 06:30 pm
Well yeah. "It all about respecting your fellow man" etc is not a valid argument. Not everyone is nice, mommangel, like the people you know. Not everyone is kind and hardworking etc. Some people are bad people. Some peoples do very bad things and have different and bad ways of thinking. They do not change just because they enter a different country. We should not respect these people. In Australia here we just had a group of muslims arrested for working on a bombing operation. This is after all the muslims are saying "we deserve equal treatment etc". They deserve equal treatment when they stop their extremist counterparts from wanting to bomb us.
If me and another bunch of aussies went to china and started bombing people, the chinese WOULD HAVE A RIGHT to descriminate against australians. It is an AUTOMATIC thing to do, and it is done because people automatically distrust peoples who are bad and wish to cause them harm.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 06:34 pm
herberts,

As Mr. Setanta is so fondly found to post to me:

Q E D

Y'all have a good night, y'ahear? I'm off to playing my tambourine in the street and singing praises to the Lord and loving everyone into heaven.

Oops, wait a minute. That's not what I usually do.....I'm more the http://www.gifanimations.com/Image/Animations/Music/Brass/~TS1141259616752/brass_003.giftype.

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 06:39 pm
RaceDriver,

If YOU and ANOTHER BUNCH OF AUSSIES did that, then YOU and ANOTHER BUNCH OF AUSSIES would deserve the treatment you received for those actions. I don't have a problem with that at all.

But, if I was an AUSSIE do you think I want to be blamed for you doing that? No! I don't. Nor do I think all Muslims should be treated one way because some are bad (insert Christian, whatever in place of Muslim). It's an individual thing. It's not about lumping everyone into the category of bad because of some.
0 Replies

sanz 57

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 01:42 pm
I dont agree that were the world blind, it would be free of hatred.

Hatred doesn't step out of the ability to visualize, it steps out of the ability to feel. It all rests in the head and the heart of the person. As long as humans dwell, they will inevitably harbor the feeling of hatred. and this hold true for any other emotion. Were you blind, would you stop loving? would you stop smiling? Would you stop crying?

A blind person doesn't imply an emotionless individual. It depends on how you percieve the world. Blindness simply wouldn't end hatred. Hatred comes out of distaste and dislike and as long as differences exist, hatred would be a part of human life.
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:08 pm
Mark Twain...

Quote:
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
0 Replies

Drowned By Darkness

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 01:39 am
Not at all. Hate would increase, and become public- no one could see who is hating and what they were doing, that is if the world was blind.
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 05:54 am
Quote:
If YOU and ANOTHER BUNCH OF AUSSIES did that, then YOU and ANOTHER BUNCH OF AUSSIES would deserve the treatment you received for those actions. I don't have a problem with that at all.

Yeah, thats right... ?
That does not mean chinese people should not have the right to descriminate against aussies, until such time as the bombings stop. (Now the Irish have stopped their bombings, they are no longer labled terrorists like they used to be.)
Not all dogs are nasty right? However, children should never be left alone with a dog esp. a breed of dog that has know to be vicous, no matter how 'nice' or how 'friendly' the dog is. You cant turn back the clock once the dog has suddenly turned on a child and bit them in the face. Youd be sorry then. (This is a real example, trusting of 'nice' dogs has frequently resulted in injury, similar situations with other animals like horses.)
0 Replies