What did you plant this weekend?

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:44 pm
Ahh, do they have bindiis in Nth America?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:48 pm
I wish I could tell you, but I never heard of it. What is it?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 02:53 am
Lots and lots of flowers !! Unfortunately, I don't remember their names, they just looked pretty on the pictures !!!
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 03:05 am
triffids
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 03:25 am
hmmmmmmmmmmm....... t'riffic.
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 03:42 am
'ere, ava sniff...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 05:20 am
It's autumn here in Melbourne, Oz .... I've been working on a metre of compost I put on my (new & small) front garden bed, in preparation for a winter planting of roses & other plants. A time to plan & dream. Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 06:07 pm
ohhhhhh, bindis, i do love them. wish i could wear one every day.

and the gardening continues. mostly just weeding and tidying these early evenings after work. the false solomon's seal promises to be spectacular. i may get courageous and do a root division this fall. i want MORE of these plants!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 06:13 pm
i spent weeeeeeeks raking my mess of a garden. not my fault, i am just moving in and it was not taken care of for at least 7 years. this weekend i planted some chinese lanterns, daisies, tomatoes (wait no, those are still inside), wildflower mix, cat mint and i mulched everything left and right. now i am sick as a dawg with the worst of colds ever.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:26 pm
Hey there Moonpup :-D

Today I planted my turnip and radishes and just as I got finished it started raining. So cool. While I was out there 2 beautiful deer hopped by.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:27 pm
Hope you feel better Dag.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:35 pm
I gave her some of my favorite cold remedy and she's off to lalaland. It's nice, simple, gentle alke-seltzer night-time cold formula.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:58 pm
I'll remember that Littlek. What would we do without you ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 09:00 pm
Find another way....?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 09:13 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 09:39 pm
So Montana, it's venison with turnip and radishes tonite?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 11:30 pm
Mr. Stillwater
No venison for this gal. Deer are much too beautiful for me to eat ;-) Whenever I see deer, which is all the time, I never tell anyone around here because they're all hunters Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 02:30 pm
My weekend started friday morning, so I started planting yesterday. I bought some begonias for the pots in the back yard and one to hang from the second floor deck. I mixed the pot begonias with a light colored variegated ruffly leafed ivy and a little bit of cocomint.

Today I am fixing the front beds so I can start replanting that area. I'm trying to cover over a sump-pump drainage pipe.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 06:57 pm
Littlek
I love begonias. My mother plants them every year. Did you know you can take them inside in the winter and they'll grow back in the summer. We took ours up from the basement about three weeks ago and they're growing nicely.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 07:23 pm
you don't have to take out the bulbs and store them like dhalias? I didn't know that. Begonias are new to me, I've never grown them before last year and last year was a disaster. I got the kind with the lobster-claw shaped leaves. The flowers in the pots are peachy yellow and orange and there's a soft peach flowering type that cascades in the hanging pots.
0 Replies