What did you plant this weekend?

eoe

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:22 pm
Last week I concentrated on flowers. Annuals. Geraniums, petunias, vinca, celosia. Today I planted tomatoes, green peppers, squash, zuchinni and egglant. And more flowers. Begonias, coleus, miniature roses.
How about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,638 • Replies: 92
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:29 pm
you obviously dont live in colorado Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:30 pm
Ack! Nor does he live in Massachusetts. Although, I did actually buy some plants this week.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:35 pm
Sorry. I'm in the Southeast. Is this post premature?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:37 pm
Not normally eoe. But we've had a slow thaw. In New England, it's continued to putter about in the 40s with occassional spikes to the lower 60s. I could plant some things, but they'd have to be hardened to the cold.

How's GA? What's in bloom now?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:39 pm
today its 70 and sunny, 2 days ago it was 25 and snowing. springtime in the rockies Wink
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:43 pm
It's been a beautiful Spring. The azaelas, apple/cherry blossoms and dogwoods have come and gone.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:51 pm
....and gone.... sigh. The cherries and early azaleas have just started here. Dogwoods aren't even close.
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 12:50 pm
well I live in an apartment so I repotted a beautiful purple chrysanthimum about a week ago. It's doing well, it didn't get shocked. . . . I think its because I packed the soil in around the roots. I've heard they like that. . . . I even have a few new flowers already!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 01:10 pm
eoe, What a timely topic! I was just contemplating going to the store today to buy some flowers to plant in our garden. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 02:52 pm
I mulched the front perennial beds last weekend. Over the week, I've been hardening some new perennials which will be planted in mid-May. I've got two lilac bushes which I bought in last year's end of season sales that didn't make it into the ground. They survived this crazy winter and will be dug in over the next couple of weeks.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 03:53 pm
here is my gardening work achieved this weekend: divided the chives(already picked some early sprigs for scrambled eggs) and purchased some parsley plants at the market - that's early for our location - may have to cover them later this week; still overnight frost in the forecast. some spring bulbs have started to flower, daffs and crocus, but tulips are not ready to open up yet(they know what's best for them). hbg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 04:12 pm
It's still early up here as well for outdoor planting, but I did start my peppers inside last week and there are some things that I'll be able to plant outside within the next few weeks like my garlic, turnip, and peas. I'm planting my tomatoes inside next week and as a veggie gardener, I get so excited at this time of year.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 05:18 pm
The plants looked too deplorable to buy, so I'm not planting anything today. c.i.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 05:20 pm
It is hard finding good plants.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 05:26 pm
I just spent an hour and a bit in the backyard cutting back the roses - they had a really rough time - i had to cut a long way to find any signs of life on a couple. Amazingly, under the peony leaves, I found a rhubarb plant in a pot. It's going in the ground, soon!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 05:44 pm
Beth
Did you guys have all the freezing rain this winter that we had over here? I wonder if that creates any problems.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 05:45 pm
What did I plant? Nuffink.

Maybe next weekend.

I did clear away a lot of debris, though -- old peony stalks et al.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 05:52 pm
Montana - we had a lot of freezing rain, ice pellets etc. As recently as two weeks ago. It really changed the dynamics of my yard. The upside is that the neighbours daffs have bloomed for the first time in 3 years!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 06:50 pm
I did spray with weed killer and insect terminator..... c.i.
0 Replies