Anyone from Asia?

michelekao

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:10 pm
I am from china. This is the first time to come here.
And because My english is not good ,So I feel a little difficult to browse this web,but I think I will stick it. Everyone ,I hope u can help me to improve my English, can't u? thank u !
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:49 pm
michelekao, One of the benefits of a2k is that most people accept people from all around this world who speak English as a second, third or even forth language, so do not despair. We are all here to help as much as we can. Also, welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:26 pm
thank u !cicerone imposter
,you are a kind-man/kindwoman.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:18 am
I'm an old Japanese American (3rd generation) man of 70. I've visited Japan and China two times, but look forward to visiting China again, because I wish to do the Yangtse River cruise. I'm a world traveler, and have visited over 90 countires. Our family in the US is made up of many cultures, and includes English, German, Chinese, Polynesian, Italian, blacks, and Hispanics. Most of our children are marrying outside our culture - over 50 percent.
0 Replies

love-escapee

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 05:21 am
I'm from china too, same as michelekao.
this board is so busy Very Happy
i love it!!
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:19 pm
yes, very very agree!
I love here ,although it is difficult for me to browse the english web ,but I will try and work hard .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:23 pm
Keep involved on a2k to practice your English. You can also ask questions on almost any subject under the sun. It's a fun place where learning is also a benefit. Take advantage of it.

love-escapee, Welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 12:44 am
yes, I come here frequently!but I find there is not so many topic,and sometimes nearly any answers the topic.
0 Replies

Gia

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 03:15 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Our family in the US is made up of many cultures, and includes English, German, Chinese, Polynesian, Italian, blacks, and Hispanics. Most of our children are marrying outside our culture - over 50 percent.

C.I.,
We MUST be related in some way?!?! :wink:

0 Replies

Gia

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 03:28 am
Hi Michele & Welcome--
(I'm new around here too. Razz)

Well, NYC is a looooong way from Bangkok, but a few years ago my brain was allergic to learning French or Italian 101 (even though they are part of my heritage). So, I hopped a one-way flight to Thailand with Grand Plans to learn how to cook spicy yummy Thai food instead. However, I was not clever enough to (bother to) learn a few phrases, or pronunciation tips, or even memorize basic numerical characters.

After living there for a year, I now have a Kon Thai (family) with whom I write to & speak a very peculiar hybrid of "Thai-glish." And they LOVE it.

You *already* have a strong command of English, Michele. Keep posting & you'll do AWESOME!
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:42 pm
Hi, Gia,what's your meaning of it :You *already* have a strong command of English, Michele. Keep posting & you'll do AWESOME!
you mean that I am poor in english? don't u ?
alright, I acknowledge I have a little poor in english ,so I come here ,hope someone can help,but I don't know how to communicate with u, if someone want to make friend with me ,and be willing to help me.
you ,anyone, can add me in msn.if you have.
mine is: [email protected]
I expect your coming!
thanks you first! I am waiting for u!
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:42 pm
Hi, Gia,what's your meaning of it :You *already* have a strong command of English, Michele. Keep posting & you'll do AWESOME!
alright, I acknowledge I have a little poor in english ,so I come here ,hope someone can help,but I don't know how to communicate with u, if someone want to make friend with me ,and be willing to help me.
you ,anyone, can add me in msn.if you have.
I expect your coming!
I expect your coming!
0 Replies

Gia

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:16 am
michelekao wrote:

Hello Michele!
NO! Oh dear, heavens no! I used *already* to emphasize that YES indeed you DO communicate in English very well.

...Obviously, however, *I* do not. :wink: Laughing

Have a beautiful day!

P.S. Just sent you an e-mail.
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:53 am
hi ,Gia !
I have answered your email.pls check it.oh,you are wlcome,I will come here and post something continuely,hope to see u again ,In fact ,I am poor in english,because I needn't use it in daily job.nobody use it around me,so it become poorer and poorer, to keep my english and improve it ,I come here,haha~~~~~~~~~~`
but I still express myself in simple sentenses,that's a problem.
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:56 am
can someone help me?although I know it is my duty, but I need your help ,pls catch my hands and go ahead together, thank you very much in advance!I think there are lots of senior guys good at english!
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:56 am
michelekao wrote:
because I needn't use it in daily job.nobody use it around me,so it become poorer and poorer, to keep my english and improve it

I have the same problem, except that I am trying to improve my chinese. Being a chinese person but unable to speak good chinese is quite shameful in a way. Embarrassed But being in a mainly english country - its quite difficult. I know what you mean.
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:04 am
hello:pragmatic
are u a chinese guy? from your description, I think you are chinese, aren't you?
which city are u from? in fact ,it is impossible that we can use english as second native language,but we should command it as good as possible,do u think so?let us together!
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:39 am
michelekao wrote:
are u a chinese guy? from your description, I think you are chinese, aren't you?
which city are u from?

Laughing Well that has brought a smile to my face - no I'm a girl. And yes I am chinese - born in HK which I regard fully as China's territory - I'm NOT british!! Fully and 100% chinese but now living in Australia.
0 Replies

michelekao

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 03:07 am
oh!good!
hk is my dream!
can we communicate with each other in msn?
my address is :[email protected]
I think you know who is anita! you know?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 03:26 am
michelekao wrote:
can we communicate with each other in msn?
my address is :[email protected]

I don't have MSN - sorry. My email is [email protected] - feel free to send a hello to that.

michelekao wrote:
I think you know who is anita! you know?

Sorry I don't know anyone called anita. Confused
0 Replies