Anyone from Asia?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:04 am
WELCOME TO ALL FROM CHINA, MALAYSIA, AND THE PHILIPPINES. Have visited China twice, and Malaysia once, but never to the Philippines. Maybe some day. I have a friend in Malaysia, but they're actually from Canada. He's a petrophysicist and works for the national oil company. I will be in Hong Kong in February for Chinese New Years, then continue on to Singapore for one night before we visit Vietnam and Cambodia. I've been to Singapore once, but have two friends in Singapore. One is a business man and his family, and the other is a physician and his family. I met both during tours of Scandinavia and England/Ireland tours. We've shared Christmas cards ever since I've met them. When I visited Singapore many years ago, the businessman treated me to a personal tour of Singapore, dinner at the seafood restaurant, and drinks at the Long Bar at the Raffles Hotel. One of my best friend was born in Shanghai. We've known each other for 44 years before he passed away three years ago. His family still invites us to birthday parties. I'd like to visit China again to do the Yangtse River Cruise.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 11:08 am
BTW, I'm Japanese American. Our grandfather came to the US in 1893. We now have many Chinese in our family, because our children are marrying across many cultures and races so we have English, German, Italian, Mexican, blacks, and Polynesians in our family.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:41 am
wow Very Happy Glad to hear Smile
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:43 am
JB, can you give me some information abt shanghai ? I might have to travel these soon
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 04:13 am
shanghai... Smile

ok (Though i have only been there for 4 times Smile )

Fristly, you may compare shanghai's population to Australia's :wink:

The most famous place of Shanghai must be Pudong (I know you know that). AND I have heard that the coming "tallest" building was back to be build again after 8 years' dilemma. You can take a photo of it and in 2007 when the biulding was completed you may boast it to your colleagues Smile (Actually I fully disagreed this silly decision and doubt the main purpose of the so-call tallest biulding. It will be a waste of money, but more parts of China are craving for money to construct schools and infrastructures. I dare say that it is only the authority's naive wishes to go beyond Taiwan)
But anyway if you dont go to Pudong probably anyone will doubt if you really have been to Shanghai.

If you have time be sure to go to borrow a bicycle and travel around the great city. Bring some money in the pocket so that you may buy some local snack or Dianxin on the way.
I am sorry i am unable to tell you where to cycle is the best or where you can eat some great food and even where to borrow a bike! Confused Confused Embarrassed

Just my notion of traveling :wink:

I am sure that this is not enough for you Gautam, you want more information?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 09:10 pm
Hi prince, When are you scheduled to travel to Shanghai?
0 Replies

shin

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:33 pm
i'm from India. now i'm in Japan, doing studies.

horribelle, i dont know much about Malaysia. but i know that the Malaysian govt. is cooperating with one of the state governments of India in the construction of an express highway.
0 Replies

shin

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:34 pm
mr. Monger, how long have you been in Japan? i'm in the Shizuoka pref.
0 Replies

Glorius

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 06:18 am
I am from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Since at this forum it is used to post topics about Russia to Asian section, obviously I am from Asia.

That let me think about the place of Russia for Western civilization. For some people from the West Russia is too far, too large and too obscure to belong to Europe. But if it is not a Europe, what it could be?... Asia? To tell the truth, there is no unity inside of the country, answering the question if Russia is Europe or not.
I am not sure it is good, but Russia is the big country which is focused on itself, Russia for Russians is almost the whole of the world. The surrounding territories are often seemed to be odd and from time to time hostile.
Answering the question if Russia is Europe by myself, I can't give the exact answer... Sad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 12:11 pm
hongkongtong, I was in Hong Kong on February 8, 9 and 10. We attended the Chinese New Year Parade, and also did the Victoria Harbour Cruise/Dinner the following night to watch the fireworks. It was wonderful, and I enjoyed myself tremendously. Even went out New Year's Day evening to Central's pub street, and went overboard on drinks and dancing - at my old age, but it was fun! Wink
0 Replies

Futurist

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 06:28 pm
I am from malaysia. Kuala Lumpur
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
Futurist, Welcome to a2k. All the people from Asia that posted on this forum are now all gone. I wonder why?
0 Replies

Futurist

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 02:13 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Futurist, Welcome to a2k. All the people from Asia that posted on this forum are now all gone. I wonder why?
You're wellcome too, probably they feel it is bored here! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:13 am
People may be bored because they fail to search the right topics on a2k. That's the problem with newbies; they fail to seek out the forums that may get them involved. It's really too bad, because many of the topics have knowledgeable people participating on a regular basis.
0 Replies

onben

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 02:11 am
Hi, all. I am in Canada now, and I am from Shenzhen, China.
0 Replies

Futurist

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 02:39 am
onben wrote:
What are you doing in Canada? Studying or working ?
0 Replies

onben

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 12:22 am
Futurist wrote:
onben wrote:
What are you doing in Canada? Studying or working ?

Well, I am studying in UWO and I will graduate soon. Yee Hah!
0 Replies

Futurist

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 01:09 am
good, plan to be back to china? or migrate to the West?
0 Replies

onben

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:29 am
I plan to gain some working experience before going home. I know some guys from Malasia, too.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 06:28 pm
onben wrote:
Well, I am studying in UWO and I will graduate soon. Yee Hah!

What do you study? I just had a squiz at your link to UWO and was very impressed by the law students negotiation competition success. Our uni hasn't progressed to that type of internaional stage yet, we're still struggling with the national.
0 Replies