Anyone from Asia?

carmilliadrian

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:25 am
I'm a Malaysian, and after looking through some threads, I think there is atleast another Malaysian here. Hah, I'm not alone! Hehe... okey well, any questions? Feel free... Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 11:00 am
Yu, My wife and I are going to Japan on March 25 for a 12 days Buddhist pilgrimage, and one of our stops will be Nara. We're going to visit 33 temples in the Kinki Region in ten days, wear white robes, and do a whole lot of walking. Some temples require over 200 steps to reach! My legs ache already. LOL
0 Replies

bigheadzf

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 06:52 am
hi,everybody,I am a college student in Beijing ,China.

I find here a good place to communicate with you guys.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 12:10 pm
Hi bighead, I've visited Beijing twice; the first time in 1991, and the second time in 2000 when I took my son. I was impressed with the change/development in Beijing within the ten years. In 1991, Beijing had 10 million bicycles. In 2000, Beijing had 10 million vehicles. In 1991, we stayed at the tallest building in Beijing - our hotel. In 2000, it was one of the smallest buildings in Beijing. The changes were dramatic - to say the least. Beijing is now a clean city compared to ten years ago. On my first visit to Beijing, the ingternational airport was literally a shack. Beijing's international airport is now a state of the art building that befits a city of over 11 million people. In ten years, educational opportunities for its citizens have also improved. The developments in Shanghai are also very impressive. The farm land across the river from the Bund is now all developed with skyscrapers and the tv tower. It's amazing that China is improving so quickly.
0 Replies

hornetguy

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 08:50 pm
Just moved back to the States 2 years ago from the Roppongi area of Tokyo. God, that was an interesting place during World Cup!! Monger, which part are you in???

baka gaijin!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 09:01 pm
Monger is also in the states - on the east coast, and he's no dummy! LOL
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 09:03 pm
Urusai.

In Tokyo I most recently lived a bit past Seijogakuenmae on the Odakyu line, but worked in Kamiyacho. Yeah, World Cup was a blast, wasn't it?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 09:35 pm
Whoa, 3 Japanese words in a row that I understand.
0 Replies

hornetguy

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 12:12 am
Monger wrote:
Urusai.

In Tokyo I most recently lived a bit past Seijogakuenmae on the Odakyu line, but worked in Kamiyacho. Yeah, World Cup was a blast, wasn't it?

I believe you can reach seijogakuenmae on the new Oedo sen. I lived pretty much next to hibiya sen station roppongi, but was within walking ditance of damiyacho, which is also accessible on the new namboku sen.

God, living the the "red light" district in Tokyo can be fun no doubt, but man, having Brits, Irish, Italians, Croats and such all drinking heavily, man it was SCARY. The japanese, as you know, are fun drunks! But o man, scary as hell around those europeans. And don't get me started on the trains. I had to take a 3 hour ride out to the Italy vs Croatia game (hell of a blast) and on the way back I bruised up my leg cause the damn idiot people from the game were shoving and first squashed me into the train, then trapped my leg under it, yet I was the only person to get a seat in the group of friends i went with! Very Happy But I had to sit next to a 300 lbs man with his arm half-way across me! Mad

LOL, but otherwise it was fun watching all the lost foreigners! I miss the place, but I leave tomorrow to Los Angeles to meat up with a whole bunch of my old friends from there, woot!!!
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 09:03 pm
My parents are from India though i don't look anything like them. I look white and like your typical white american. But in actuality im ethnically an Asian/Pacific Islander and i make sure to slap that on every paper asking my race.
0 Replies

mennow

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 06:25 am
Hi,everybody!
I am from Enshi,China. My hometown is a little city,maybe many chinese don't know where is it ,because that China is too large. But my hometown is very beautiful ! ^_^
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:06 am
yeah i dont know it

i am from Nanjing

and the time you logged in here is my birthday

lol
0 Replies

lainchance

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 01:47 am
Hi all, I'm currently in a design univ in wuxi (my hometown also), china.

me a chinese and remains black hair and black eyes still :wink:
0 Replies

bad mood

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:00 pm
hi Very Happy
I'am from Saudia Arabia - Riyadh city
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:10 pm
Welcome to A2K bad mood :-D
0 Replies

igrp

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 07:28 pm
So many Chinese friends, I come from Taiyuan, welcome to visit my home town. Pinyao ancient city is the very place to meet with oriental charm.
0 Replies

kyle777

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:43 pm
I'm from China PR.
0 Replies

fancy

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 01:33 pm
lucky to see all of you , I am from china too .
0 Replies

hey Ya

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:01 am
I am from the Philippines. It's a great place but I want to travel and maybe meet y'all soon.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 03:17 am
Smile welcome Smile
0 Replies