War with the worlds.

RexRed

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 12:09 am
Mt 6:13
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 10:05 am
Did Jesus remind us to keep seeking the glory, or keep seeking the kingdom?

(see Dan 2:44)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 05:14 pm
Is there peace in freedom and liberation?

Neo, I will look up the scripture, I prefer that you post them in the version and translation you are familiar with.

A GREAT FREE ONLINE BIBLE FOR YOU ALL IS
http://crosswalk.com I have used it for 7 or 8 years. There are numerous versions of the Bible strongs numbering system linked to the king james search and nothing to download and install.

I think glory is shown to us to help us to endure... Yet the glory is God or belongs to God.. We are only an image of that true glory...

It is in the glory that we give to God that we become peaceful.

There is often peace and rest when things are set free...

Ps 23:2
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Comment:
I plan to keep this thread alive for a while on the subject of war and peace. Even if I just have to keep talking to myself. But I am sure that will not be the case. Prayers of believing to you all.

Feel free to give your input if you like, that is what keeps peace alive.

Try and relegate your input to the subjects you quote and not for the sake of just making an insult.

Don't just say blah blah blah but use more effort and direct your responses to the basic and often illusive components of this discussion.

Thanks

Peace is a fruit of the spirit.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Comment:
Peace is a quality of spiritual fruit we must all learn to grow.

Peace with God
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 05:26 pm
RexRed wrote:

Neo, I will look up the scripture, I prefer that you post them in the version and translation you are familiar with.

A GREAT FREE ONLINE BIBLE FOR YOU ALL IS
http://crosswalk.com I have used it for 7 or 8 years. There are numerous versions of the Bible strongs numbering system linked to the king james search and nothing to download and install. . . .
From your source:

"In the days of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, and this kingdom will not be left to another people. It will crush all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, but will itself endure forever. " (Dan 2:44)
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 01:07 am
RexRed wrote:
Is peace something we all have or is it something we can make?

Can we make peace?

I think it is presumptuous that humans think they can make something as perfect as peace... The peace they "make" is fake and only hides the real issues..

I agree.

Quote:
What is the difference between peace and unity?

Unity is a oneness among people or creatures. Peace is a personal state of being.

Quote:
2Co 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

I'm so glad God brings us through a process and doesn't expect us to change all at once.

Quote:
Mt 6:13
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

I'm so glad God is in charge and not me. LOL boy would THAT be a mess!

Quote:

Peace is born through freedom.

Quote:
I think glory is shown to us to help us to endure... Yet the glory is God or belongs to God.. We are only an image of that true glory...

It is in the glory that we give to God that we become peaceful.

There is often peace and rest when things are set free...

Ps 23:2
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Comment:
I plan to keep this thread alive for a while on the subject of war and peace. Even if I just have to keep talking to myself. But I am sure that will not be the case. Prayers of believing to you all.

Feel free to give your input if you like, that is what keeps peace alive.

Try and relegate your input to the subjects you quote and not for the sake of just making an insult.

Don't just say blah blah blah but use more effort and direct your responses to the basic and often illusive components of this discussion.

Thanks

Peace is a fruit of the spirit.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Comment:
Peace is a quality of spiritual fruit we must all learn to grow.

Peace with God

Simply beautiful.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 02:42 pm
hephzibah wrote:
While that's a novel idea chumly I believe you are wrong. If peace were based on things such as death and lack of war it wouldn't last very long because those are things we have no control over. For many the thought of death brings fear. That is not peace. We cannot control the behavior of everyone in this world. So even if somehow everyone in the entire world were to cease to be at war with one another it would not last because we really have no say over what others do. So when the war started again, the "peace" would disappear.
You say I am wrong in where peace comes from. I make two assertions and ask two questions. Note I did not say or imply the duration of the peace, the type of peace, or that peace could not come from other sources or in other forms.

Assertions:
1) There can be no war if you are dead
2) War is the opposite of peace

So I ask:
1) how can you have war when you are dead?
2) How can you have war when there is no war?
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Where does "PEACE" come from?
Two sources

1) Death
2) Lack of war
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:00 pm
After reading the first few pages I became convinced that this thread was the precursor to a vaudaville act. The only thing missing was Lou Costello yelling "Hey Abbot."
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:40 pm
It's all in good taste
As long as it tastes good
It's all for fun
For fun is all

I don't mind threads like these, they're kind'a fun Smile
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 05:08 pm
hephzibah wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Unity is a oneness among people or creatures. Peace is a personal state of being.

How's about a personal state of unity?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 05:21 pm
Being at peace with yourself.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 11:31 pm
echi wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
RexRed wrote:

How's about a personal state of unity?

I believe that's important too if you are talking about being at peace with yourself. LOL... haven't quite figured out how to achieve that one quite yet... I'm working on it though. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 12:41 am
When you're at peace with yourself, you're at peace with the world, and the world is at peace with you.

PEACE OUT.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 03:08 pm
Peace is a "bond" between things..
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 04:27 pm
Peace is a vibe. It is like an ocean that is between us and what we think of each other is reflected from us and off of others and what we do.

So unity of mind and spirit facilitates peace.

One mind versus many minds all going opposite directions...

So whose mind do we all follow?

Where do we get our standard? What shall we all be measured by?

Can we survive with many minds all believing different things?

What is the mind of Christ?

What is the will and image of God? Is it the image of God that is the standard that we are all measured by? How high are God's standards?
0 Replies