Explain Final Solution re: God's Plan

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 07:13 pm
Hello Religionists,

Please explain the Nazi's Final Solution in terms of God's great plan:

The genocide of the Jews was the culmination of a decade of Nazi policy, under the rule of Adolf Hitler. The "Final Solution" was implemented in stages. After the June 1933 Nazi party rise to power, state-enforced racism resulted in anti-Jewish legislation, boycotts, "Aryanization," and finally the "Night of Broken Glass" pogrom, all of which aimed to remove the Jews from German society. After the beginning of World War II, anti-Jewish policy evolved into a comprehensive plan to concentrate and eventually annihilate European Jewry.

The Nazis established ghettos in occupied Poland. Polish and western European Jews were deported to these ghettos. During the German invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, mobile killing squads (Einsatzgruppen) began killing entire Jewish communities. The methods used, mainly shooting or gas vans, were soon regarded as inefficient and as a psychological burden on the killers. After the Wannsee Conference in January 1942, the Nazis began the systematic deportation of Jews from all over Europe to six extermination camps established in former Polish territory -- Chelmno, Belzec, Sobibor, Treblinka, Auschwitz-Birkenau, and Majdanek. Extermination camps were killing centers designed to carry out genocide. Over three million Jews were gassed in extermination camps. In its entirety, the "Final Solution" consisted of gassings, shootings, random acts of terror, disease, and starvation that accounted for the deaths of about six million Jews -- two-thirds of European Jewry.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,952 • Replies: 36
No top replies

neologist

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 07:47 pm
Re: Explain Final Solution re: God's Plan
Chumly wrote:
Please explain the Nazi's Final Solution in terms of God's great plan:
It's not.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 07:57 pm
And you know it's not part of God's great plan because?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:04 pm
I said so. Smile

Actually God's plan was pretty well revealed in the first 2 chapters of Genesis. I didn't see any holocaust there.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:35 pm
So anything that does not fall into the first 2 chapters of Genesis is not part of god's plan?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:15 pm
What makes you think that the holocaust had any relation to any plan of God?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:27 pm
You are putting words in my mouth. I did not say that I thought "the holocaust had any relation to any plan of God". I said
Chumly wrote:
Please explain the Nazi's Final Solution in terms of God's great plan
Real Life's logical fallacy "avoiding the question". This fallacy is committed when someone's answer doesn't really respond to the question asked:

Question: Would the Oakland Athletics be in first place if they were to win tomorrow's game?
Answer: What makes you think they'll ever win tomorrow's game?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:40 pm
I certainly do question the presupposition that your question reveals.

When did you stop beating your mother?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:14 pm
There is no obligation to explain the Nazi's Final Solution in terms of God's great plan, as you may choose to say it is not part of God's great plan, in which case I may ask, as I have of Neo "So anything that does not fall into the first 2 chapters of Genesis is not part of god's plan?" and of which I note Neo has not responded.

Irrelative of any potential presuppositions, my initial question does not impute as per real life that I "think that the holocaust had any relation to any plan of God". In fact, the question does not assign any views that I may, or may not hold.

In sum I simply asked that one explain A in the context of B. I made no requisites as to how one might answer, nor posed any claims.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:20 pm
Yes it does. Your question assumes the Final Solution is a part of god's great plan. It further assumes there is a god. Now, you ask us to defend one, the other, or both your assumptions.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:23 pm
No, you can say both are false and I will argue on that basis, see above.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:32 pm
Further Roger,
I could say please explain X in terms of Y, you could say that there is no frame of reference for Y, and I will then counter on that basis.

Also you are going rather overboard when you say I assume X, as I addressed it to X believers i.e. religionists.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 08:02 pm
Chumly wrote:
So anything that does not fall into the first 2 chapters of Genesis is not part of god's plan?
God does not abandon his purpose.

". . . so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 08:31 pm
god obviously doesn't like jews very much, he spent a good deal of biblical history basically getting them kicked in the nuts at every turn, then he get's his son (a jew) crucified, then he lends his son's name to a religion other than judaism, the final solution and the fact that the jews live in a neighbourhood where everybody hates them, is just the final icing on the cake

god the ultimate anti-semetic
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 08:49 pm
let's not overlook the fact that jesus crucifixtion (the one seemingly preordained by the big "G" himself) was pretty much pinned on the jews, causing them to be scorned by redneck christians as well
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 12:43 am
neologist wrote:
Chumly wrote:
God does not abandon his purpose.

". . . so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)
Are you saying then that the Nazi's Final Solution is not part of God's purpose?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 12:44 am
djjd62,
You crack me up, and I'm a Jew Surprised
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:03 am
Here's The UK chief rabbi's answer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/features/holocaust/chief_rabbi.shtml
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:15 am
The bible is full of half truths, erased polytheistic myths and imposed monotheistic theology via Emperor Cyrus thru the priest Ezra that the carrier of this mistruth would necessarily carry the burden. The 'axiom' is not axiomatic then all the corollaries (Chritianityand Islam) derived from it will be shaky.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:45 am
fresco wrote:
Here's The UK chief rabbi's answer
If you subscribe to the Chief's views, then you rationalize a free for all anytime things don't go well. Sounds like rationalization for the sake of expediency. In fact a similar justification was used for the Nazi's Final Solution.

How do you like them apples? (pun)
0 Replies