One final question

raheel

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:13 am
chris2a wrote:
raheel wrote:
THIS POINT OF 'WHAT WOULD BE YOUR LAST QUESTION?' REMINDS ME OF THE KATHA UPANISHAD AND NACIKETA'S THIRD WISH TO YAMA (THE god OF DEATH): HIS THIRD WISH IS FOR AN EXPLANANTION OF WHETHER AFTER DEATH A PERSON IS STILL AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON OR NOT

Death is an act of ultimate surrender. You give back everything you had in life, even your identity. It doesn't matter any more.

that's something like the answer he gets... you lose all identity and become one with Brahman- the impersonal life force which sustains the world. like a river flowing into a sea...
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:15 pm
Dear Raheel,

When we name that which is nameless,
when we hear but do not listen,
when we see the world in terms of "us" and "them",
when we are so sure of our "righteousness" because we fear that our "doubt" is a sin,
when our religion takes precedence over our faith....

When we do these things,
we have succeeded in establishing our degrees of separation with humanity where there should be none,
we have reduced that which is in all of us to something we think we own,
we have made finite that which was always infinite,
we have failed where we were meant to succeed,
we have denied that which is given freely and without question.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 02:40 pm
Wow chris, that was awesome.
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:15 am
Dear hephzibah,

Read John's Final Question in this thread, see if you can put yourself in his position and tell me if you would ask the same question.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 10:52 am
I would be glad to. First though, who is John? Or is that a reference to something I missed? And what page do I need to look at to read it? Thanks. Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 11:36 am
hephzibah wrote:
I would be glad to. First though, who is John? Or is that a reference to something I missed? And what page do I need to look at to read it? Thanks. Smile
Yeah, what you said.

Ain't it the rots when you can't find the reference being posted?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 12:20 pm
chris2a wrote:
When we name that which is nameless,
when we hear but do not listen,
when we see the world in terms of "us" and "them",
when we are so sure of our "righteousness" because we fear that our "doubt" is a sin,
when our religion takes precedence over our faith....

When we do these things,
we have succeeded in establishing our degrees of separation with humanity where there should be none,
we have reduced that which is in all of us to something we think we own,
we have made finite that which was always infinite,
we have failed where we were meant to succeed,
we have denied that which is given freely and without question.

Excellent post, chris. But why do we do these things? Why do we ever see the world (ourselves) as anything other than what it is?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 12:44 pm
LOL neo... it sure is. I searched every page and could not find what I thought I was looking for. So I figured it would be best to ask...
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 12:53 pm
hephzibah wrote:
LOL neo... it sure is. I searched every page and could not find what I thought I was looking for. So I figured it would be best to ask...

page 5
post 9
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:25 pm
Thanks echi... you rock. Very Happy
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 04:17 am
hephzibah wrote:

John is just a name, but his situation is more common to the human condition than you might think.

Try this link http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1855102#1855102
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 04:46 am
echi wrote:
Excellent post, chris. But why do we do these things? Why do we ever see the world (ourselves) as anything other than what it is?

Because that is all we can see. Degrees of separation are inherent in our existential reality. It's not good or bad, it is (as you said) what it is.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 06:50 pm
What's with the hair in the armpits? When I was a kid my armpits would NEVER smell, then you made some nasty looking hair grow there and now they stink like I ran a marathon after a no more grueling exercise than a quiet day of reading!
0 Replies