Idiot Corner

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:26 am
What stupid thing have you done recently. Fess up. Here's mine:

I missed an important appointment yesterday because I spaced out. I'm an Idiot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,735 • Replies: 85
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:38 pm
A short while back, I managed to skip right past common sense and fall off a ladder, really banging myself up ... pretty embarrassed about that, and pretty upset with myself for the currently ongoing inconvenience. Pretty convincing Capital "I" Idiot performance.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:53 pm
About 2 weeks ago I managed to lock my keys in my car. However, what made this a particularly Idiot moment was the method in which they were incarcerated.

Having jambed my thumb on the shifter in my Jeep Wrangler whilst trying to downshift in a hurry (to avoid the moron in front of me that decided she wanted to turn 6 feet before the turn itself) I was in an extremely foul mood. I pulled into my parking lot, put the Jeep in gear, turned it off, took the keys from the ignition, stepped out of the vehicle, locked the door and slammed it shut in one fluid motion.

In the process of all that, the lanyard which I keep on my keyring managed to loop itself around the window knob on the door and upon slamming the door shut, the keys were yanked from my hand and pulled inside.

Fortunately, it's a rag top and I was able to merely unzip one of the windows and crawl in to retrieve the keys, but man did I ever feel like an IDIOT.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:05 pm
No special event, it's more of an ongoing enterprise.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:12 pm
I thought a dicentra was a lungwort.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:22 pm
After my long ride from California to New Mexico I figured I'd treat my car to a real live car wash. We don't have those in Eureka, home of drizzled misty atmosphere those times it isn't crystalline clear.

So, I needed to clean out the V-mobile before taking it for it's once every six year real cleaning.
To start with I raked the corgi hairs... not too bad, since I've kept Mr. Sparky in his crate in the car since he tore all, all, all, mind you, all of the seat belts, and raked from time to time since.

So as I'm cleaning the car I have the keys clamped to my waistband. Not thinking, I wore non regular jeans that day. The keys must've dropped, but where? no, not down my jeans. Not in my shoes. Not in the garage. Not on the parking strip. Not in the car. And so on. That was more than a month ago... no keys, my lady.

Oh, and then I took the car to Octopus, a terrific carwash not far away, and Baby V got the bath of her life.

I doubt very much they took my keys. Why would they want a weathered old Volvo?

Luckily, I had a second set, but, alas, they are not my favorite set, schniff...

Lesson - always know where your keys are, dumkopf!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:24 pm
would starting up and driving off with the heater cord still plugged into my diesel truck be considered stupid enough?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:24 pm
yes farmerman you are an idiot.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:25 pm
farmerman wrote:
would starting up and driving off with the heater cord still plugged into my diesel truck be considered stupid enough?

I hope not because I end up doing that a couple times a month.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:28 pm
Ok sublime1 and farmerman are tied for head idiot. personally I'm a gifted genius. (that oil thingy guage in the porsche that shows 0 means I don't need any oil, right?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:44 pm
I was so grumpy early this evening that I couldnt bring myself to go to this fascinating documentary that i'd often read of and that was screened, as a one-off, right next door at the university - and instead spent an hour and a half more bumbling about on A2K before going out to meet up. Does that count?

Cos I sure think that was stupid (by which I dont mean to erode my right of free sloth)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:47 pm
dys, I think all the newer cars and trucks have a sensor that shuts the engine off when the oil pressure gets below a set value.

As far as youre problem I believe if you run the engine long enough it wont be as cold as "0"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:48 pm
OK nobody can top this 'I CUT FIREWOOD ON MY RADIAL ARM SAW
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:49 pm
but see, I know thats stupid so, by rights, Im not really stupid. Im just pioneering
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 06:54 pm
farmerman wrote:
OK nobody can top this 'I CUT FIREWOOD ON MY RADIAL ARM SAW

must be some smaill rounds
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:02 pm
Its a bout a a little more than a 6" cut blade . (Its a commercial unit that I got when a shop that made porch ballisters used it. . If the log is too wide for the blade I flips the log over and try to balance the log so it meets the same kerf. I got this in an auction and its a backup saw. Id never do this with a table saw, cause I have heard of sawn boards whipping back and killing people. And I have taken all the safety gear off the table saw except the splitter
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:04 pm
come to think of it, I should be dead.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:13 pm
I used to work in a lumberyard where we had a radial arm saw that had about a 16" blade
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:15 pm
I gotta get me one of those. How did you work the blade without cutting off an arm? was it pedal controlled?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:16 pm
it hard a guard like a skill saw not like a chop saw
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Idiot Corner
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:07:22