Idiot Corner

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:21 pm
Its like youre speaking some foreign language to me...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:24 pm
I hate it when lightbulbs go out. Mostly because I'm so short. Changing lightbulbs for me has proven to be a difficult task at times... Both lightbulbs went out in my dinning room fixture just the other day. Well I don't have a stepping stool so I've had to be rather creative in finding ways to get tall enough to reach the stinking fixture. So I just convinced me husband to let me buy this card table with folding chairs for the kids to eat at when we have company.

I thought, "Ah HA! That's perfect!"

So I pull up my little chair...

stand on it... all is good.

I lean just a little to the right to try and unscrew the fixture...

The chair begins to fold...

TIMBER!!!!

I hit the floor like a sack of potatoes! As I'm laying there groaning all wrapped up in the chair my dog, who I just tried to kill by falling on top of him, comes and licks me right on the face...

ARGH...
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:39 pm
Hi everyone. Welcome to the corner. I've been here awhile....here, you wanna wear the pointy hat for a little while? No, just ignore what it says on it. What does it mean? Um..smart person. Yeah that's it. Dunce is smart person. So...whatdaya wanna do? I usually just look at this here wall.....or, if you get bored of that, I know it's pretty entertaining, you can look at this wall. I know, I know, it's like TV right? Except in your head.

Hehe...yeah, idiot corner. You must be an idiot to stay away..hehe...ha...*sigh*...
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:41 pm
There. Something stupid I've done recently?

That post.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:50 pm
Goodness, this thread has been active in my absence. How warming to the bone to know that I am not alone in my Idiotdom.

Somehow just declaring Idiothood lessens the Idiot blow.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:53 pm
timberlandko wrote:
A short while back, I managed to skip right past common sense and fall off a ladder, really banging myself up ... pretty embarrassed about that, and pretty upset with myself for the currently ongoing inconvenience. Pretty convincing Capital "I" Idiot performance.

Not to outcompete you in idiotdom, but this seems like an accident. Glad it turned out you're able to declare yourself an idiot nonetheless.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:53 pm
The first step in dealing with a problem is to acknowledge the problem Mr. Green
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:54 pm
Questioner wrote:
About 2 weeks ago I managed to lock my keys in my car. However, what made this a particularly Idiot moment was the method in which they were incarcerated.

Having jambed my thumb on the shifter in my Jeep Wrangler whilst trying to downshift in a hurry (to avoid the moron in front of me that decided she wanted to turn 6 feet before the turn itself) I was in an extremely foul mood. I pulled into my parking lot, put the Jeep in gear, turned it off, took the keys from the ignition, stepped out of the vehicle, locked the door and slammed it shut in one fluid motion.

In the process of all that, the lanyard which I keep on my keyring managed to loop itself around the window knob on the door and upon slamming the door shut, the keys were yanked from my hand and pulled inside.

Fortunately, it's a rag top and I was able to merely unzip one of the windows and crawl in to retrieve the keys, but man did I ever feel like an IDIOT.

Yeah, this rates.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:55 pm
J_B wrote:
No special event, it's more of an ongoing enterprise.

Indeed, well put.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:56 pm
ossobuco wrote:
After my long ride from California to New Mexico I figured I'd treat my car to a real live car wash. We don't have those in Eureka, home of drizzled misty atmosphere those times it isn't crystalline clear.

So, I needed to clean out the V-mobile before taking it for it's once every six year real cleaning.
To start with I raked the corgi hairs... not too bad, since I've kept Mr. Sparky in his crate in the car since he tore all, all, all, mind you, all of the seat belts, and raked from time to time since.

So as I'm cleaning the car I have the keys clamped to my waistband. Not thinking, I wore non regular jeans that day. The keys must've dropped, but where? no, not down my jeans. Not in my shoes. Not in the garage. Not on the parking strip. Not in the car. And so on. That was more than a month ago... no keys, my lady.

Oh, and then I took the car to Octopus, a terrific carwash not far away, and Baby V got the bath of her life.

I doubt very much they took my keys. Why would they want a weathered old Volvo?

Luckily, I had a second set, but, alas, they are not my favorite set, schniff...

Lesson - always know where your keys are, dumkopf!

Unsolved Idiotdom.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:58 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I thought a dicentra was a lungwort.

You did? How could you be such an idiot?
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:59 pm
farmerman wrote:
would starting up and driving off with the heater cord still plugged into my diesel truck be considered stupid enough?

Classic Idiocy. Who doesn't love the standard?
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:00 pm
nimh wrote:
I was so grumpy early this evening that I couldnt bring myself to go to this fascinating documentary that i'd often read of and that was screened, as a one-off, right next door at the university - and instead spent an hour and a half more bumbling about on A2K before going out to meet up. Does that count?

Cos I sure think that was stupid (by which I dont mean to erode my right of free sloth)

Nuh uh. This is not Idiocy. This is merely sloth wrapped in indecision, which is entirely acceptable.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:03 pm
One of my all-time idiot moments came about many years ago. I was using a bottle-type propane torch to braze some fittings on a truck's radiator. Naturally, I was more or less down on my knees doing the job, since that's where the fittings were. Anyhow, finished with the heat work, I reached up behind me, set the torch on the workbench, stood up, started fishing in my shirt pocket for a cigarette, and suddenly became painfully aware I had not extinguished the torch before setting it on the workbench. I still have that scar - its a real beaut.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:04 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Ok sublime1 and farmerman are tied for head idiot. personally I'm a gifted genius. (that oil thingy guage in the porsche that shows 0 means I don't need any oil, right?

Hold on one minute-- there are more entries to come. Porsche's don't run on oil, they run on style, so you're not an Idiot.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:06 pm
timberlandko wrote:
One of my all-time idiot moments came about many years ago. I was using a bottle-type propane torch to braze some fittings on a truck's radiator. Naturally, I was more or less down on my knees doing the job, since that's where the fittings were. Anyhow, finished with the heat work, I reached up behind me, set the torch on the workbench, stood up, started fishing in my shirt pocket for a cigarette, and suddenly became painfully aware I had not extinguished the torch before setting it on the workbench. I still have that scar - its a real beaut.

Okay, now you are an idiot. And what I said about you and the ladder being an accident? I take that back.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:08 pm
hephzibah wrote:
I hate it when lightbulbs go out. Mostly because I'm so short. Changing lightbulbs for me has proven to be a difficult task at times... Both lightbulbs went out in my dinning room fixture just the other day. Well I don't have a stepping stool so I've had to be rather creative in finding ways to get tall enough to reach the stinking fixture. So I just convinced me husband to let me buy this card table with folding chairs for the kids to eat at when we have company.

I thought, "Ah HA! That's perfect!"

So I pull up my little chair...

stand on it... all is good.

I lean just a little to the right to try and unscrew the fixture...

The chair begins to fold...

TIMBER!!!!

I hit the floor like a sack of potatoes! As I'm laying there groaning all wrapped up in the chair my dog, who I just tried to kill by falling on top of him, comes and licks me right on the face...

ARGH...

This is good. Brilliant Idiocy. What the @!#$ were you thinking?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:24 pm
Umm, is it bad when there are so many possible examples of one's idiocy that you don't even know where to begin?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:38 pm
J_B wrote:
No special event, it's more of an ongoing enterprise.

took the words right out of my mouth....

I just spent the last HOUR, doing a PM that had many images in them...

I clicked submit...I'm not sure if it got sent....not in my sent items.

So I'm going to take a fukitol and go to bed.

http://www.fukitol.com/img/fukitol.jpg
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:46 pm
timberlandko wrote:
A short while back, I managed to skip right past common sense and fall off a ladder, really banging myself up ... pretty embarrassed about that, and pretty upset with myself for the currently ongoing inconvenience. Pretty convincing Capital "I" Idiot performance.

They don't call you "timber" for nothing. :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Idiot Corner
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 07:11:09