I offend the prophet - must I be killed?

Eorl

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:08 pm
No Muslims going to respond....OK, fair enough. I can take a hint. I'll take that as a YES shall I?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:26 pm
I suppose we're all in a heap o' trouble, now.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:37 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Eorl,

I wish I could tell you that, but right now I'm not sure there is anyone (other than Muslims) that has nothing to fear from Muslims. I am at such a loss as to how this got so far so fast all over some cartoons that if they had just been ignored most people would have forgotten them by now.

Even Muslims are not necessarily safe. From Eorl's quote

Quote:
whether it is illegal or not, it is obligatory in Islam to kill any person who insults a Prophet of God, this includes Jesus, Moses, Abraham and the last and final Messenger: Muhammad bin 'Abdillah (SAW). The non-Muslims and Munaafiqeen (hypocrites who claim to be Muslims) describe this hukm (verdict) as 'inciting murder' and 'advocating violence'. In the Sharee'ah (Islamic law) it is called 'justice' and obedience.

The Munaafiqeen or hypocrites are in equal danger. The hypocrites, depending on who is doing the defining, includes all individuals who do not proscribe to the exact tenets of Islam as the one who places himself as a true Muslim. The Taliban made examples of hypocrites in Afghanistan. Anyone who didn't conform to the given tenets was killed.
0 Replies

Nahushtan Bar Eden

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 02:13 pm
nimh wrote:
When it comes to religious fanatics, nobody can be safe that he has "nothing to fear".

Fanatacism that drives one to hurt or kill others is a sign one is bound by the Counterfeit Spirit. Anyone who kills in the name of the Supreme Being has sealed their own doom and prove that they are truly the servant of the Counterfeit Spirit and serve the evil Demonic Archons.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 02:18 pm
Nahushtan Bar Eden wrote:
Counterfeit Spirit
And what in the name of rex mundi is that?
0 Replies

bluebaby

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 05:20 pm
dear eorl iam a Muslim (and proud to be a muslim).concerning your question(shall i be killed?)iam answering you saying no but u must be ashamed..Muslims are not vampires or killers and what you have read in the chat room was undoubtdly not true..and i am sure that the writer of the words u have read isn't a Muslim.
du u know that in Islam there are months in which God(ALLAH) prohibit murder? Muslims are not murderers asour religious teachings are based on forgiveness which is a Divine quality.

If u want dear eorl to know about Islam or Muslims or PROPHET Muhammad(PBUH) try to get the information from a trustworthy source (a book or read the holy QURAN) and not from a chat room
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 05:29 pm
Hi bluebaby,

I hope you don't mind me jumping here in the middle of this conversation but you made a statement I am rather curious about. I am sure there is more to it than you posted so I will just ask.

In Islam there are months in which Allah prohibits murder? bluebaby, can you understand how that might sound to someone (like me just coming in on the conversation) that Allah allows murder in some months but not in others?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:03 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Hi bluebaby,

I hope you don't mind me jumping here in the middle of this conversation but you made a statement I am rather curious about. I am sure there is more to it than you posted so I will just ask.

In Islam there are months in which Allah prohibits murder? bluebaby, can you understand how that might sound to someone (like me just coming in on the conversation) that Allah allows murder in some months but not in others?

Bluebaby is referring the 4 months in the Islamic calender in which it is forbidden to wage war or fight. It is not referring to murder at all, but simply warfare.

Of course the Islamic calender is lunar -

"It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory, and the moon to be a light of beauty, and measured out stages for it, that you might know the number of years and the count of time. Allah did not create this except in truth and righteousness. And He explains His signs in detail, for those who understand" (Quran 10:5).

And in his final sermon before his death, the Prophet Muhammad said, among other things, "With Allah the months are twelve; four of them are holy; three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumaada and Sha'ban."

1 Month - Muharram ["Forbidden" - it is one of the four months during which time it is forbidden to wage war or fight]

7 Month - Rajab ["To respect" - this is another holy month when fighting is prohibited]

11 Month - Dhul-Qi'dah ["The month of rest" - another month when no warfare or fighting is allowed]

12 Month - Dhul-Hijjah ["The month of Hajj" - this is the month of the annual pilgrimage to Mecca, again when no warfare or fighting is allowed]
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:04 pm
bluebaby wrote:
. . asour religious teachings are based on forgiveness which is a Divine quality.

Some Quran quotes suggesting otherwise:

Ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated!--2:65

As for him who disbelieveth, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the doom of Fire - a hapless journey's end!--2:126

Slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out ... If they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.--2:191

One who attacketh you, attack him in like manner as he attacked you.--2:194

Wage war on all of the idolaters as they are waging war on all of you.--9:36

As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. ... An exemplary punishment from Allah.--5:38

No, bluebaby, your religion is not one of peace and forgiveness.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:07 pm
Questioner wrote:
bluebaby wrote:
. . asour religious teachings are based on forgiveness which is a Divine quality.

Some Quran quotes suggesting otherwise:

Ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated!--2:65

As for him who disbelieveth, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the doom of Fire - a hapless journey's end!--2:126

Slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out ... If they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.--2:191

One who attacketh you, attack him in like manner as he attacked you.--2:194

Wage war on all of the idolaters as they are waging war on all of you.--9:36

As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. ... An exemplary punishment from Allah.--5:38

No, bluebaby, your religion is not one of peace and forgiveness.

Stop picking and choosing what supports your unjust claims.

This verse comes inbetween the two verses above.

Then if they desist, know well that God is Ever-Forgiving, Most Compassionate. (Quran 2:192)
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:09 pm
Wasn't trying to pick and choose, and I put more than 1 verse up there. Though I can see why you'd want to pass over some of those.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:47 pm
Raul-7,

Thank you. I knew there had to be more to it than that. I do appreciate you explaining it for me.
0 Replies