...obviously the seahawks should have won!

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:10 pm
in my very strong opinion the sea hawks were f*cking robbed of there touch down! i was watching the game with a steelers fan who even said they thought it was a touchdown!! there were many other cheep things going down in that game like the touch down given to the steelers that wasn't deserved because clearly he wasn't inside the line! but thats all im gunna say about the superbowl other than the patriots should have made it to win superbowl XL making that there 3rd consecutive win..but **** happens anyways cant wait till next year in miami!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 971 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:09 am
despite the bad calls that went against them, i don't think seattle played well enough to win.

i was rooting for them, but pittsburgh got it done in the 2nd half.

holmgren's mismanagement of the 2 two-minute drills was pathetic.

stevens had 4 drops -- i think joey porter psyched him out with the mid-week trash-talking...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:22 am
Region Philbis wrote:
holmgren's mismanagement of the 2 two-minute drills was pathetic.

Bottom line is the better team won.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:56 am
A team has to overcome adversity in order to win. The Seahawks failed to do this. They were on the verge of making some brilliant plays, but always missed by a fraction. The Seahawk clearly put his hands on the Steeler to push off. Another almost brilliant play, but not quite.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:35 am
Even Madden agreed with the call .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 08:33 am
didn' I read something about one ot the hawks having a hanging chad on his shoelace or something?
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 08:41 am
I agree that Seattle got the worst of the calls, but I don't know how any of us can say that the ball "clearly did not cross the goal line". I must have seen the TV shots more than fifty times and I could never see the ball when the body reached the goal line with the ball clutched against the chest. Maybe the referee saw the ball with his eyes; maybe he didn't, but I certainly can't say one way or the other with any degree of certainty and neither apparently could the replay judge.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:01 pm
The Steeler touchdown was deserved. The replay clearly showed the ball reached the line before it came back under the quarterback.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:54 pm
I'm waiting for a thread like "New England" or "Colts" obviously ought to have played . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:59 pm
If the Seahawks should have won, they would have won.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 08:06 pm
flyboy804 wrote:
I agree that Seattle got the worst of the calls, but I don't know how any of us can say that the ball "clearly did not cross the goal line".

And I don't know how anyone can say they felt the ball did cross the goal line, at least from the camera angle on TV.

Either way, I could care less. Patriots weren't playing.
0 Replies

kurtyboo

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 11:05 pm
well as long as the patriots make it next year it doesnt matter and i think that tom brady is a way better q/b than peyton manning!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:53 am
There, there. Everything's going to be all right.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:02 am
Intentionally or not you are agreeing with me, Slappy. My point was that from the TV available, nothing was clear, yet some people said that they could clearly see.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:55 am
True.

I don't think it crossed though. And the ref that reviewed the challenge had the leagues lowest % of overtures. Plus the Seattle coach commented how people in the upstairs booth told him some of them felt it wasn't a touchdown.

Wasn't a game breaker anyway.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:19 am
it looked like the front half of the ball broke the plane.
but what i didn't see was if his knee hit the ground first...
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 05:21 pm
It can be debated forever how the calls went. What seems to be a foregone conclusion is that this was more than likely the worst Super Bowl since the Colts beat Dallas 16-13 a couple of lifetimes ago. The Seahawks looked like a franchise that had never been there before, and the Steelers looked like a sixth-place seed. ...And to think I truly believed that, no matter who won, we would at least have a really good ball game. Wrong again!!
0 Replies