Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:38 am
One man's miracle is another man's science and vice versa. It all depends on where you think everything originates from IMO. Laughing
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:45 am
Momma Angel wrote:
One man's miracle is another man's science and vice versa. It all depends on where you think everything originates from IMO. Laughing

Yes, only one man understands what's going on and the other doesn't.
This understanding is what constitutes 'science'
A miracle can only be a miracle as long as you don't understand the mechanics involved.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:49 am
You seemed to have totally missed my point, Dok. To those that believe in God as the Creator of everything, even the smallest thing can be considered a miracle. To those that do not believe in God, it seems they go no further than man's understanding and what science can prove.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:53 am
No, I would say that my point complimented yours, actually.
To believe in 'god as the creator of the universe' is synonomous with 'not knowing what's going on'
It is the willingness to accept a 'non-explaination' and move on that distinguishes these two positions.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:58 am
Doktor S,

I have no desire to argue with you. But you do prove my point that many do not go outside of man to find the answers. If that is what works in your life, then that is fine for you. That is not what works in mine. We merely have differing views.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:18 am
Agreed,
And at the root of these differing views is the requirement of reason, I require it and you do not.
This frees you to believe in any old nebulous thing, while I am bound by reality to form my views.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:20 am
One is only bound by what one chooses to be bound by. Have a nice day Doktor S. I hope your weather is better than ours today. It's cold and rainy here.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:17 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
The perception of a miracle equals a break in understanding. All happenings have physical causes. People who do not want, or are mentally incapable of discovering those causes, attribute it to a "miracle".

Even a miracle would have physical causes. That doesn't mean it's not a miracle.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:24 am
I believe Miracles do occur .... Coz explanaing them just takes the craze and fun away.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:34 am
In our space explorarton of the very near future, we find a primitive civilization. We land in a lunar type shuttle ... are we gods ??? Someone really needs a cigarette after that long travel, and lights a match. Is it a miracle? Some of the men are really horny, so they mate with the not so pretty, smelly natives ... you know, boys will be boys. Bingo ... the missing link!!

Is it all a miracle, or is it science, ... and of course, a group of really horny guys ???

Anon
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 01:29 am
And what is it really? Is it the observed event or our reaction to it? Does the magnitude of the miracle correlate to how many physical laws it seems to defy? Is it the statistical outlier of all other, similar circumstances or is it completely outside of the bell curve?
0 Replies