Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 02:36 am
When i was i kid, everytime i lost something, I'd look at the photo of Krishna (a hindu god) and go "Please God, please help me find it". Everytime, i was needed something, please.... Somehow, i always found a comfort in that and i'd always find what i wanted too.
I did the "noble" thing, like most of us do. I stopped asking from god, because i thought i was being selfish by just remembering him when i was sad.

A few weeks ago, my keyboard stopped working. I was scared to tell dad, so I tried, this method i'd read in a book. It said to reach a goal you have to imagine how happy you'd be when it was fulfilled. It sends some stimulants to you're brain. I did it, and nothing happened to the keyboard. Finally, i was so frustrated. I screamed, "Oh, Please, God.. just make it okay!". At this melodramatic moment, I turned the pretty large keyboard upright, and it switched on. SWITCHED ON!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Now, there may be and is a scientific explanation to this. Maybe the cord was loose. Cool

But, finally after all these years, i broke out of that. As soon as i asked, i got it. FOr me it was a MIRACLE. Since then I have been seeing the miracles in my life. There are so many. Every time the line goes off when i'm watching a movie(many times in the place where i live), i scream at the telly (oh f**k, just switch on) and it switches on. I'd ignored those - coincidences. But now that i look for miracles, i see them more and more.
When you search for sth, it comes searching for you. :wink:

I have realized that faith is bee-uuuutiful. TRULY. And if you believe and learn to ask - you get things. God gives to those who know how to recieve - Paulo Coehlo said. I totally agree. Very Happy

Anyone else have any miraculous things happen to them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,630 • Replies: 30
No top replies

chris2a

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:12 am
Yes but I don't think miracles happen. They always are.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:14 am
A miracle is only a miracle as long as one stays ignorant to the facts.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:44 am
There is a fellow who posts on this forum who is able to communicate with nose boogers.

Does that qualify?
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 08:40 am
The more you try, the less you do. Now that's a miracle.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 08:47 am
The perception of a miracle equals a break in understanding. All happenings have physical causes. People who do not want, or are mentally incapable of discovering those causes, attribute it to a "miracle".
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 08:52 am
Miracles, like luck, are nothing more than probability taken personally.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 09:16 pm
Unless you're talking about official miracles.

Apparently a woman somewhere in the world is catholic and her Parkinsons disease cleared up after Pope John Paul II carked it.

That means JP can be made a saint.
0 Replies

macaroni

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:33 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
The perception of a miracle equals a break in understanding. All happenings have physical causes. People who do not want, or are mentally incapable of discovering those causes, attribute it to a "miracle".

There may be a physical cause in the miracle that happened to me. I used to believe in that some months ago. I would have searched for what caused it to happen (scientifically). But why do we always search for reasons, explanations. Can't something happen in the universe just because it did? Without reason.

I believe and will always believe in miracles. What happens to me everyday, is a miracle. I have even begun praying, i don't know to who, but i ask for the things that i want. And i get them. They are miracles to me. They is so much beauty in things that are not defined.
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:37 pm
I do believe in miracles. Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:38 pm
I believe in miracles. I don't think people see them for what they are sometimes. And I'm sure they would say that I am seeing something that is not there but it's ok.
0 Replies

macaroni

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:45 pm
I do. I do.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:49 pm
Your TV works after you pray. A miracle!

A poor slob caught in a robbery or a war gets blown to pieces even as he prays. The mysterious will of God.

Okey-dokey.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:54 pm
Often, if people realized that what had happened had nothing miraculous about it, it would lose its excitement, its wonder. On account of a lack of understanding, many things that happened, that were perfectly normal physical phenomena, were considered "miraculous" to the youngster. I think that many adults want to retain the innocence of childhood.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 12:16 am
Our existence on this dust particle alone is a bit miraculous.

All the different people....different stars, planets, systems.

All the miraculous life forms in the ocean...all the ones yet discovered.

Just because something can somewhat be explained.....does'nt take away the "Wow" effect .

Think of all the possible life forms on earth....from the smallest to the largest. Think of all that floating on a mere speck in the universe.

Wow. I don't need drugs to trip out. lol

Life is a trip. Think of all the things we have yet to discover. Wow.

Can our 'reality' get any more amazing?

You betcha.
0 Replies

macaroni

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 06:06 am
I am sorry i typed in "I do. I do" twice (I wanted it to be after the i do believe in miracles bit) i thought that it didn't get posted and then i noticed that there was another page and that my "I do. I do." was somewhere unexplainable. OOps.

Yes, thankyou. Because i learnt that some things are still wow even if we can explain them. Reality is amazing but I want to believe that everything here, the things that we see around us are something miraculous. That they're all part of a miracle, yes, its exciting to do so! When you want to believe something they turn out to be true for you.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 06:32 am
a wise man once said

crap into one hand, wish into the other
see which one fills up first
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 07:47 am
Nothing wrong with the "wow" factor. It is what adds joy to life. It becomes a problem though, when one is convinced that what has happened is a "miracle", something supernatural. There is enough "wow" in this life to keep us bright eyed and bushy tailed, without having to credit it to something imaginary.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:06 am
If there are three balls in a box (blue, yellow, green), and I think of a ball (gree) that I want to pull out of the box. I reach into the box and pull out a green ball. Is this considered a miracle? (maybe not, but perhaps if my life depended on it.) I believe in chances, not miracles.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:08 am
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
If there are three balls in a box (blue, yellow, green), and I think of a ball (gree) that I want to pull out of the box. I reach into the box and pull out a green ball. Is this considered a miracle? (maybe not, but perhaps if my life depended on it.) I believe in chances, not miracles.

That's the laws of probability working, nothing more, nothing less.
0 Replies