Christians abrogating the Bible:

ali87

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:32 pm
boomerang wrote:
As most of you know, I don't subscribe to any religion but this ali87 character gets my goat enought to make me defend Christians even when I don't have anything riding on the defense.

Once upon a time I had a thread about the virgin Mary and some of the loveliest, most beautiful posts came from one of A2K's Muslim members.

Mary has a special place in the Muslim faith. I never knew that and it was wonderful to find this commonality, even though it was so different.

It gave me this feeling of beautiful inclusiveness that Muslims have for the stories handed down through the Bible (even if they interpret it differently).

I love common ground more than just about anything.

Then along comes ali87 with crap that could put even the most fundamentalist Christian to shame and it just makes me mad.

He does his God, which, by the way, is the SAME God that the Christians worship, such a disservice and he doesn't even know it.

It's sad, really.

atually, NO,muslims dont worship the same god as christians do, trinitrian christians give human attributes to god, saying he has a son, and they worship the "holy" gohst and the "daddy". and chatholics worship mary and jesus and a couple of saints. how many gods is that?

muslims believe in one and only one. they dont even refer to god as "HE". god is beyond gender. but when the quran is translated into english god is refered to as "he" because its the english language thats like that. the arabic and persian language dont have that. for example in my language which is persian, we dont say he or she. both men and women are human, it was christianity that first came up with treating women like dirt, and saying men are better.

conclusion: in a way u can say that we all worship god, because whether u worship an idol, statue... u still feel gods spirit in that, but one must accurate their knowledge about god, about the ultimate truth.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:37 pm
You're doing nothing but creating discord, ali - and what makes it offensive is that you're attempting to clothe it in the trappings of holiness. You aren't any better than anyone here, and if you didn't think you already knew everything, you could probably learn much from the others.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:47 pm
snood wrote:
You're doing nothing but creating discord, ali - and what makes it offensive is that you're attempting to clothe it in the trappings of holiness. You aren't any better than anyone here, and if you didn't think you already knew everything, you could probably learn much from the others.

atleast im telling the truth

muslims dont worship the same god as christians do, trinitrian christians give human attributes to god, saying he has a son, and they worship the "holy" gohst and the "daddy". and chatholics worship mary and jesus and a couple of saints. how many gods is that?

muslims believe in one and only one. they dont even refer to god as "HE". god is beyond gender. but when the quran is translated into english god is refered to as "he" because its the english language thats like that. the arabic and persian language dont have that. for example in my language which is persian, we dont say he or she. both men and women are human, it was christianity that first came up with treating women like dirt, and saying men are better.

conclusion: in a way u can say that we all worship god, because whether u worship an idol, statue... u still feel gods spirit in that, but one must accurate their knowledge about god, about the ultimate truth.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:48 pm
Learning is fun.

Getting along with people keeps the blood pressure down.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:18 pm
Quote:

Why must one be accurate. Is God giving a test on accuracy?

There are many ways one may see and believe. There is no such thing as my or no way. Only people like George Bush and ali87 believe that way.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:41 pm
xingu wrote:
Quote:

Why must one be accurate. Is God giving a test on accuracy?

There are many ways one may see and believe. There is no such thing as my or no way. Only people like George Bush and ali87 believe that way.

ill still give you the same answer:

atleast im telling the truth

muslims dont worship the same god as christians do, trinitrian christians give human attributes to god, saying he has a son, and they worship the "holy" gohst and the "daddy". and chatholics worship mary and jesus and a couple of saints. how many gods is that?

conclusion: in a way u can say that we all worship god, because whether u worship an idol, statue... u still feel gods spirit in that, "but one must accurate their knowledge about god, about the ultimate truth."

"but one must accurate their knowledge about god, about the ultimate truth."

0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:51 am
Quote:
muslims dont worship the same god as christians do

That's true. All humans create their own Gods. Muhammad created his and you follow it.

Even Christians have different Gods. That's why there's over 30,000 different Christian sects in the world.

It's silly to think Muhammad's creation is the only one true God.

And again I ask you;

Do you think God really cares what image we see him in?

In your opinion, what will God do to those who want to see God in a different manner then Muslims?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 05:06 am
Quote:
Ali,

That article is from 1897. You would't happen to have anything more recent would you?

Not only is it dated but it is funny to read. There are no good logical reasons given as to why we can't eat pork.

I can understand why pork was forbidden in Biblical days. Undercooked pork can be deadly. One of the theories of Mozart's death is his consumption of undercooked pork. Pork, if cooked properly, is good eats. Billions of people eat pork today and are doing very well, which makes that old 1897 article look rather foolish.

By the way ali; what will your God do to those who eat pork?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:15 am
Topic: Trinity

Received: 22 September 2004

Subject: The basic flaw in your Religion

May peace be with you, compliments on your site. After quickly browsing thru it and I find it not very convincing. But at least I learnt a thing of two from it. Im a Muslim. As a Muslim....no need to elaborate, I supposed you'd already know about the concept of Tauhid. I find nothing as convincing as the concept of Tauhid. Since you're an expert about Islam, well there is nothing to talk about isn't it?

As believer of One GOD, I find it hard to grasp the idea of Trinity. This is the basic flaw in your religion. With the naunces of human failures as presented in your site eg. failure of Muslims and so on, doesn't take away that natural and fundamental concept of One GOD that is Allah that I truly believed in. Thank you for reassuring me on my faith in Islam. May Allah guide you to the truth.

Sincerely, ...

Our answer:

Greetings,

Yes, I am very familiar with Tawhid. I also believe in the complete unity of the One true God. Long before the Qur'an taught that there is One God, the Scriptures of the Bible--from the Torah to the Injil--taught it.

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" (Torah. Deut. 6:4)

"But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth will tremble, And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation." (Prophet Jeremiah 10:10)

"Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." (Injil Mark 12:29)

"But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him. Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many "gods" and many lords), yet for us there is one God..." (1 Cor. 8:3-6)

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." (1 Tim. 1:17)

Etcetera...

You write: "As believer of One GOD, I find it hard to grasp the idea of Trinity. This is the basic flaw in your religion."

May I ask you a few questions?

1. Why must a concept that is difficult to grasp be considered a "flaw"?

2. Could it be that the One true God is so totally unique and above His creation that we as mere creatures can not fully grasp His greatness?

3. What if God has indeed always existed as a complex unity, as the Scriptures of the Bible teach?

4. What if it is only man who insists that God can reveal His truth on PAPER (in a book), but not in PERSON (in a body)? What if the eternal Word of God really did take on a human body? Which is the better method of communication: to write a letter to someone? or to visit him or her in person? Might God choose to use ultimately the best method of communication so that we can know what He is like, and so that He might provide for us the salvation about which all the prophets prophesied and which millions of animal sacrifices symbolized? Along these same lines, may I ask you: What if God, at some time in your life, makes it clear to your mind and heart that He did reveal Himself in PERSON and that, as the perfect man, He has provided for you a perfect salvation, will you believe Him, even if it means being rejected by your family and friends?

5. What if He is also a holy, loving, relational God, as the Scriptures of the prophets teach, a God who does not despise the thought of coming into our world, and dwelling among men, in order to reveal Himself fully and provide for us a way to be made righteous and be made fit to live forever in His presence?

6. Have you ever read the conversion story of Sadu Sundar Singh? He was a devout Sikh who, like you, utterly rejected the tri-unity of God. Yet he tells how he had a vision in which he saw one whom he perceived to be Jesus, who told him, "Just as in the sun there are both heat and light, but the light is not heat and the heat is not light, but both are one, though in their manifestation they have different forms, so I and the Holy Spirit proceeding from the Father bring light and heat to the world... yet we are not three, but one, just as the sun is one." Why is such a thought repulsive to you?

7. Are you willing to read the Injil of John in the Bible, and without any pre-judgment, consider what Jesus taught about God and about Himself? What do you learn about God in chapter 1?

I look forward to your answers.

Salaam,

Brahim

http://www.answering-islam.org/Emails/good_questions.htm
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:00 am
xingu wrote:
Quote:
muslims dont worship the same god as christians do

That's true. All humans create their own Gods. Muhammad created his and you follow it.

Even Christians have different Gods. That's why there's over 30,000 different Christian sects in the world.

It's silly to think Muhammad's creation is the only one true God.

And again I ask you;

Do you think God really cares what image we see him in?

In your opinion, what will God do to those who want to see God in a different manner then Muslims?

no mohammad never created his own god, that is why muslims dont see god in any image, ur confusing islam with other religions
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:01 am
Bartikus wrote:
Topic: Trinity

Received: 22 September 2004

Subject: The basic flaw in your Religion

May peace be with you, compliments on your site. After quickly browsing thru it and I find it not very convincing. But at least I learnt a thing of two from it. Im a Muslim. As a Muslim....no need to elaborate, I supposed you'd already know about the concept of Tauhid. I find nothing as convincing as the concept of Tauhid. Since you're an expert about Islam, well there is nothing to talk about isn't it?

As believer of One GOD, I find it hard to grasp the idea of Trinity. This is the basic flaw in your religion. With the naunces of human failures as presented in your site eg. failure of Muslims and so on, doesn't take away that natural and fundamental concept of One GOD that is Allah that I truly believed in. Thank you for reassuring me on my faith in Islam. May Allah guide you to the truth.

Sincerely, ...

Our answer:

Greetings,

Yes, I am very familiar with Tawhid. I also believe in the complete unity of the One true God. Long before the Qur'an taught that there is One God, the Scriptures of the Bible--from the Torah to the Injil--taught it.

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" (Torah. Deut. 6:4)

"But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth will tremble, And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation." (Prophet Jeremiah 10:10)

"Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." (Injil Mark 12:29)

"But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him. Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many "gods" and many lords), yet for us there is one God..." (1 Cor. 8:3-6)

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." (1 Tim. 1:17)

Etcetera...

You write: "As believer of One GOD, I find it hard to grasp the idea of Trinity. This is the basic flaw in your religion."

May I ask you a few questions?

1. Why must a concept that is difficult to grasp be considered a "flaw"?

2. Could it be that the One true God is so totally unique and above His creation that we as mere creatures can not fully grasp His greatness?

3. What if God has indeed always existed as a complex unity, as the Scriptures of the Bible teach?

4. What if it is only man who insists that God can reveal His truth on PAPER (in a book), but not in PERSON (in a body)? What if the eternal Word of God really did take on a human body? Which is the better method of communication: to write a letter to someone? or to visit him or her in person? Might God choose to use ultimately the best method of communication so that we can know what He is like, and so that He might provide for us the salvation about which all the prophets prophesied and which millions of animal sacrifices symbolized? Along these same lines, may I ask you: What if God, at some time in your life, makes it clear to your mind and heart that He did reveal Himself in PERSON and that, as the perfect man, He has provided for you a perfect salvation, will you believe Him, even if it means being rejected by your family and friends?

5. What if He is also a holy, loving, relational God, as the Scriptures of the prophets teach, a God who does not despise the thought of coming into our world, and dwelling among men, in order to reveal Himself fully and provide for us a way to be made righteous and be made fit to live forever in His presence?

6. Have you ever read the conversion story of Sadu Sundar Singh? He was a devout Sikh who, like you, utterly rejected the tri-unity of God. Yet he tells how he had a vision in which he saw one whom he perceived to be Jesus, who told him, "Just as in the sun there are both heat and light, but the light is not heat and the heat is not light, but both are one, though in their manifestation they have different forms, so I and the Holy Spirit proceeding from the Father bring light and heat to the world... yet we are not three, but one, just as the sun is one." Why is such a thought repulsive to you?

7. Are you willing to read the Injil of John in the Bible, and without any pre-judgment, consider what Jesus taught about God and about Himself? What do you learn about God in chapter 1?

I look forward to your answers.

Salaam,

Brahim

http://www.answering-islam.org/Emails/good_questions.htm

lol since ur a good muslim, u should go to this website instead

http://www.answering-christianity.com/ac.htm
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:38 pm
Are u a good muslim ali? How good are u? Are ye good enough?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:47 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Are u a good muslim ali? How good are u? Are ye good enough?

Not too good because his mission in life is to find fault with the beliefs of those who follow a different imaginary friend than he does. Both beliefs are illusions, perhaps delusions, but neither have any truth.

Joe(the worst kind of jerk is a religious jerk)Nation
0 Replies