DIVIDE AND CONQUER

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:20 am
Lately, it seems that the number of fanatical Quran-thumpers here is beginning to approach that of the number of fanatical bobble-thumpers. Could it be, will we see . . .

. . . a war between the Jesus holy rollers and the Allah holy rollers ? ! ? ! ?

One can only hope.

I'm gonna go lay in a stock of popcorn and soda . . . if any flame wars break out while i'm gone, let me know . . .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,783 • Replies: 42
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:16 am
Hate to disappoint you, Setanta. But, I am definitely not getting into it with anyone about their religion. I did try discussing things with Ali87, but it didn't work out. Others have tried also, but he does not appear to want to engage in conversation.

You have to give him credit, he's very strong in what he believes. :wink:
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:44 am
pass the bowl set, Ive been a waitin fer both of em to out"truth" each other.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:54 am
Quote:
You have to give him credit, he's very strong in what he believes.

Strength of belief has nothing to do with validity of belief.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:56 am
Never said it did, Noddy. Just giving the guy credit because he's persistent.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:59 am
farmerman wrote:
pass the bowl set, Ive been a waitin fer both of em to out"truth" each other.

Don't hog the bowl, pass it on.

Anon
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:05 pm
Re: DIVIDE AND CONQUER
Setanta wrote:
Lately, it seems that the number of fanatical Quran-thumpers here is beginning to approach that of the number of fanatical bobble-thumpers. Could it be, will we see . . .

. . . a war between the Jesus holy rollers and the Allah holy rollers ? ! ? ! ?

One can only hope.

I'm gonna go lay in a stock of popcorn and soda . . . if any flame wars break out while i'm gone, let me know . . .

...and, true to form, you will do everything that you can to facilitate that. Why should they fight with each other when we have you to fight with everybody?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:11 pm
Poor Intrepid, the victim ... so sad ... so persecuted! Hold on and we'll fix up a cross for you! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Anon
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:14 pm
Setanta
Set, I will bring pickles. What kind do you like?

I also love green-ripe olives, but they are so hard to find and very expensive, so I won't share my last can.

BBB
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:16 pm
I ain't into pickles, Aunt Bee, but i'll bet others are, just bring what you like best . . .
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:18 pm
Set
Setanta wrote:
I ain't into pickles, Aunt Bee, but i'll bet others are, just bring what you like best . . .

What have you got against pickles, you low class pond scum?

My source for rare green ripe olives:
http://www.perfectcoffeeshop.com/images/cache/B0002RVGWM.01-A1FYKGA4DLE19S._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

BBB
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:18 pm
Now see, Anon. That's the exact kind of thing that really gets me. Why is it ok for you to make jokes and nasty remarks about someone with religious beliefs but if a Christian or believer does it, you turn it around as we feel we are being persecuted?

I wish someone just one time would stand up and tell me why it's ok for some to ridicule others but it is definitely not ok for someone else to do it?

And please, don't give me that "Well, if you are a Christian you shouldn't be blah, blah, blah." I'm not buying that one anymore. It's very obvious that so many don't believe in anything religious one iota but have absolutely no problem with interpreting the Bible or deciding how someone should act if they are religious. Now, why is that? Anon, you've always been upfront and honest with me. If anyone can answer this question, I believe it is you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:22 pm
I like the Manzanilla olives best, stuffed with pimento--perhaps there's no imagination there, but that's just the way it is.

After that, i like the ripe ones, Kalamatas in the dozens of varieties the Greeks make--they've got some great Kalamatas in t.o. on the Danforth . . .

I suspect we'll have a good crowd to watcth the bobble-thumpers vs. the quran-thumpers, so i think anything anyone brings will be appreciated . . .
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:26 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Now see, Anon. That's the exact kind of thing that really gets me. Why is it ok for you to make jokes and nasty remarks about someone with religious beliefs but if a Christian or believer does it, you turn it around as we feel we are being persecuted?

I wish someone just one time would stand up and tell me why it's ok for some to ridicule others but it is definitely not ok for someone else to do it?

And please, don't give me that "Well, if you are a Christian you shouldn't be blah, blah, blah." I'm not buying that one anymore. It's very obvious that so many don't believe in anything religious one iota but have absolutely no problem with interpreting the Bible or deciding how someone should act if they are religious. Now, why is that? Anon, you've always been upfront and honest with me. If anyone can answer this question, I believe it is you.

Please cross your feet Momma, we've only got six nails for both you and Intrepid!

Anon
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:26 pm
Set
Setanta wrote:
I like the Manzanilla olives best, stuffed with pimento--perhaps there's no imagination there, but that's just the way it is.

After that, i like the ripe ones, Kalamatas in the dozens of varieties the Greeks make--they've got some great Kalamatas in t.o. on the Danforth . . .

I suspect we'll have a good crowd to watcth the bobble-thumpers vs. the quran-thumpers, so i think anything anyone brings will be appreciated . . .

I found a source for large green olives stuffed with bleu cheese or Roquefort cheese. Mmmmmm good.

Do you think it is safe to bring Dys?

BBB

BBB
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:28 pm
Anon,

QED.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:29 pm
Sure, Dys has a bark much worse than his bite, an' maybe we can git him to grill somethin' for the crowd . . .
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:30 pm
I like the Manzanillas with the seed still in 'em. Sitting here posting on A2K, I can go through half a jar in no time. (Anyone know if olives are good for you?)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:30 pm
Set
Setanta wrote:
Sure, Dys has a bark much worse than his bite, an' maybe we can git him to grill somethin' for the crowd . . .

Quick, somebody hide Fred.

BBB Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:31 pm
echi wrote:
I like the Manzanillas with the seed still in 'em. Sitting here posting on A2K, I can go through half a jar in no time. (Anyone know if olives are good for you?)

(Pretending they are not loaed with oil) Oh Yeah . . . you know, like green veggies . . .
0 Replies